• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V5 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

senator

3/6/09
47c1e2b0be6908a525d67731cd03a216.jpg

f5edea9055593a30578588f3ef42ce0a.jpg

TheChachi

10/9/18
Yes sir this one is gen but with careful and patient modding one can get the rep to look very close.The fanatical but awesome QueTip has even the color code for the Montauk Highway Blue! :qtip2:

I cannot get over how beautiful this MH is. It is my understranding that the factories are no longer producing this rep. If you ever come by one for sale on the forums, please reach out to me!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Wow nice marble like CF!

Ptolomeo's FC diver case has one of the best marbling in the hobby which I have seen. It looks like the same one I have worked on sometime back.
The gen AP FC case is actually matte with pronounced "wagyu beef" marbling shown prominently. The issue with the rep is that the case is too glossy and the marble grains are often weak and not pronounced. A lot of guys polish their FC cases to make the marbling more prominent but this actually brings the finish further away from gen. The gen FC case does gloss over time naturally, and in ptolomeo's case it looks like a gen case which has undergone natural ageing.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Ptolomeo's FC diver case has one of the best marbling in the hobby which I have seen. It looks like the same one I have worked on sometime back.
The gen AP FC case is actually matte with pronounced "wagyu beef" marbling shown prominently. The issue with the rep is that the case is too glossy and the marble grains are often weak and not pronounced. A lot of guys polish their FC cases to make the marbling more prominent but this actually brings the finish further away from gen. The gen FC case does gloss over time naturally, and in ptolomeo's case it looks like a gen case which has undergone natural ageing.

honestly I have not seen an XF without outstanding marbling. They all look so good in comparison with rather dull JF. I do agree that gen FC has that matte and rough look which could be a bit underwhelming (to me at least)

Reactions: legend

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Did someone just penned “Wagyu beef”? Yum yum been a while to consume this.

Legend thx for writing in such gastronomic glossary as that makes it a pleasure to read wor.

Superlory, I think yours is as good too!

Status
Not open for further replies.