• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V5 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aphung2

Supporter
Certified
6/4/20
CA, US
Really intrigued by how dynamic the XF 15202 dial is. Sometimes there are different hues of blue depending on how the light hits it, but today on this gloomy evening it almost appeared black

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
dd1b2c405e060e8116c956de28c5fad9.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dd1b2c405e060e8116c956de28c5fad9.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yellow Ring of Rep Marriage
Bronze Ring of Rep Engagement
Platinum Ring of Gen Sufferings?

Yaaa... why 3 rings? Lol

Reactions: Zeula

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
This is a badass watch in real life, gen or rep both.
It is both subtle and loud, and sporty and luxurious. One of the best 44mm ROOs AP has ever produced IMHO in terms of material and color theme.

I agree ! in fact i'm first in line for pm-guy one

Reactions: jasonbaylee

James2020

1/6/20
Thanks! Yep, except for the slightly tilted logo, which drives me crazy sometimes :D If you don't know about it, you will never notice it, but once you do ...
Bonus-Pic:

Nice pic!

Mine has the same issue. AP logo tilted very slightly clockwise... It’s much more obvious under daylight, especially when my eyes reference it with the 12 o’ clock markers. Like you said, once you know it, you can’t unsee it... LOL...

Anyway, it’s in the good hands of a watchsmith to sort out the logo and rotor silencing :p

Reactions: mpx

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
I talked to my watchsmith and he told me not to worry too much about the rotor noise, it's pretty common, even with gens.
And he doesn't know how exactly the logo is mounted, so he didn't want to risk it unless I really want to. But as some say it can be tilted, I guess it's just glued to the dial. Maybe I will bring it to him once again.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I talked to my watchsmith and he told me not to worry too much about the rotor noise, it's pretty common, even with gens.
And he doesn't know how exactly the logo is mounted, so he didn't want to risk it unless I really want to. But as some say it can be tilted, I guess it's just glued to the dial. Maybe I will bring it to him once again.

The cal. 4302 used by the 15500 sounds refined, like a new luxury watch should be. So with new gens, it definitely isn't normal if it is noisy.
The rep 9015 sounds nothing like it, trust me.By shaking both watches next to your ears one after the other, you will immediately know which is which.
I do agree that all mechanical watches will have some rotor bearing sounds when shaken, the difference being in the quality of the sound generated. You will be surprised how "cheap" sounding the cal.324 of a used gen 5711 can sound. This same issue can also happen with any mechanical movement including the cal.4302 and 3120 used by the 15500 and 15400 respectively. As long as the watch is mechanical, it will need maintenance to look and sound healthy.

Reactions: Allure and mpx
Status
Not open for further replies.