• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V5 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Going through some old pics, found this.. also got me thinking, is Jacob Straps still in business?
Yes he is. I have a pending order with him currently.
Jacob, along with SMP_lover, produce straps which are on par with gen AP straps.
In fact, SMP lover straps are often more durable, and the edges are not as susceptible to peelings as the gen ones. Fitment for both these aftermarket straps are also perfect on gen APs.
These are the best aftermarket hornback straps you can buy. Comparing the prices and qualities of these straps, the gen ones are very overpriced.
So yes, good choice!

Reactions: Allure

AlphaProt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
[mention]down_under [/mention] love to wear stock rep bro. He can't distinguish whether its modded or not modded. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You asshole! Lol dont tell everyone that.

Reactions: Zeula

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Jacob, along with SMP_lover, produce straps which are on par with gen AP straps.
In fact, SMP lover straps are often more durable, and the edges are not as susceptible to peelings as the gen ones. Fitment for both these aftermarket straps are also perfect on gen APs.
These are the best aftermarket hornback straps you can buy. Comparing the prices and qualities of these straps, the gen ones are very overpriced.
So yes, good choice!

Agree, Vic makes some great straps, he did a lovely black non-hornback/smooth Croc with yellow stitching for an old BumbleBee I had, was fantastic! Regrettably I sold it and the watch!
Have a strap on order with him now, but not for an AP.

Had a couple of Jacob straps in the past, didn't know he was still in business.. now I do, it could get messy again!

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
So yes, good choice!

if you allow me Legend, both great choice, but if momey is no object , ABP Paris is at the top of the food chain...

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
if you allow me Legend, both great choice, but if momey is no object , ABP Paris is at the top of the food chain...

Why not? I have not used ABP Paris so I cannot comment, agree or argue against. But it is good to learn from others where the best stuff are.
Money usually isn't a concern when it comes to nice straps for luxury watches.. Have you used them yourself, and how is your review of their straps? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Allure

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
f8ae509c0a04e120bb11f23a94a10c7b.jpg

Brand new AP WT RC Franken on Horus strap, gen breitling steelfish superocean X-Plus 44mm on SMP_lover strap, rare Noob EOD on SMP_lover strap, plus a couple more strange straps.

Reactions: Shylock Eins

dullidulli

Certified
3/6/13
c92ff7de571a51efbb4ab7d2e4848a90.jpg

1st one under artificial light, 2nd one under natural light.
Left JF 15400, right ZF 15500.

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Why not? I have not used ABP Paris so I cannot comment, agree or argue against. But it is good to learn from others where the best stuff are.
Money usually isn't a concern when it comes to nice straps for luxury watches.. Have you used them yourself, and how is your review of their straps? Thanks in advance!

Did not use them pesonally.. But with the risk of being dythirambic : I did pay a visit to their boutique in Paris amazing craftmanship and material quality... i do and did own Jacob hornback and other strap from the spanish wizard... But ABP is just something else exudes quality and luxury like nothing else... much better then OEM imo...

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
So yes, good choice!

I think I should share my opinion as I have a box full of straps, bought from every strap maker in these rep forums, along with $30 ebay straps and gen straps.

It is true that Jacob straps are at least on the same level as gen AP (probably better TBH), and I can personally attest that SMP_lover straps are on top of everything available. First of all is durability as legend states, they look practically brand new after a year of careless daily wear. In comparison, anything I've bought from anyone else, has lasted two to three months before my careless handling makes its mark on the straps*. SMP_lover's attention to detail is probably second to none. Apart from that, the guy has made the strangest material combinations I have ever asked, and sometimes he even adjusts how shiny or matte the strap looks according to my preference. His incredible skills obviously don't limit to straps, as he and his team can make practically every leather product conceivable. 2020 marked the year I received some of the most complicated products he has offered which is.... CUSTOM SNEAKERS! And yes, these are actually miles better and more durable than most original J1s:

* APBands straps are actually very durable as well, on the same level as SMP_lover , but they are generally so stiff and rigid that they feel hard to wear. They take forever to break in.

Status
Not open for further replies.