• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V5 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
3280d934f6d03d99380aa5a93b5320c2.jpg

[mention]legend [/mention] my MH done bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much better color, congrats Mr A.

Reactions: Allure

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Feeling the blue again today

Very well done.

The beast is the quintessential ROO IMHO. It carries the heritage of the brand sublimely ant in this watch is the confluence of both historic and modern elements of an iconic watch.
I also appreciate the visually correct datewheel in your watch. That is an important characteristic of this model and not many owners got it correct.

Any discussion of gen VS rep is confined to the boundaries of the forum and quite irrelevant in real life.

Reactions: Allure and Jurgenk

SnowShovel

Horology Curious
13/1/20
I think owner attitude is very important. Truth be told, the salient difference in wearing a rep or gen is just the mentality and attitude of the wearer himself and not the watch itselt. He knows what his watch is and to 99% of the others in real life it’s mostly “hey nice watch” (if anything at all) instead of someone purposefully scrutinizing/calling out a watch as a rep. One needs to enjoy wearing his own watch and it is his business to choose what to wear
It’s only when said watch is posted or discussed on the forum that it becomes a picture for all to peruse and comment on. I’m willing to help you if you care to connect with me via PM and remember that what I share with you will be my opinions. If you know your APs, you’ll know that all AP reps are flawed and that includes the best frankens, so the best mod is to tune your mind to enjoy the watch you choose whatever it is. You can gain knowledge of the flaws and you decide if you can live with those.
Because the mainstream of the community here own “quality reps”, they may find the lower grade of replicas distasteful or laughable. If this attitude is allowed, then surely we must allow for those who find the “high quality” replicas ludicrous and allow for the same criticism as well, based on the relative quality of the watch and not how many folks own/exclaim over/desire/ recommend them. Quality is all relative and as long as you enjoy your own watch, all is good. Create a thread on any watch or build at all and you are apt to get a variety of opinions and it’s always opinions.
There is only one true benchmark and it’s not how v2 is better than v1 or x factory is better than y factory.
The gen model which serves as the watch being REPLICATED will determine how good or bad a replica is, not general consensus or popular opinions or majority vote counts (I never subscribe to or believe in those myself)

I personally like your watch for the customized look and the way you rock it. Don’t worry about the opinions of others. Every non gen watch posted is flawed in one way or another and that should not stop one from enjoying his watch. Be happy with what you own and learn as you go along!

Thanks for the insight. Much appreciated.
I will contact you in the future once I will decide to get another watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.