• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP 15400 ZF case back on JF v5?

RetacxTV

Looking Around
7/5/19
Hello,

As we all know, the 15400 JF v5 is unfortunately about 1mm thicker than the GEN and ZF comes very close to the GEN thickness.

because I would like to mod my JF v5 to make it as good as possible, that it is even more difficult to recognize that it is a REP and because it bothers me a little that it is 1mm thicker.
I wanted to ask you if you can attach a ZF caseback to a JF v5 to get closer to the GEN thick with the JF.
I think the v5 is really great but would like to mod it, but I don't want to buy a dial or pointer as a GEN, because I find them so good at JF and you can only see that in detail and not on the wrist (I have a white Dial).
unfortunately you can only get a thinner caseback by grinding the bezel or caseback, which I don't want to do because I don't know what to do and I don't know how to do something like that, because I don’t want to break my watch. so grinding is not a solution for me either.

Maybe someone has attached (tried) a ZF backcase to a JF and can tell something about it, or has compared the mass of the two backs whether a ZF back fits the JF housing.

I would be very happy about your answers and experiences!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Reactions: RetacxTV

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Not sure about the zf case back but if you want to thin your jf either follow my guide or send it to one of the modders on the forum. I charge about £100, not sure how much the other guys charge. I could be wrong but i have heard the zf rotor is very thin to compensate for the 10mm thickness so maybe get a rotor too if your going that route.
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/modification-repairs/8233491-how-to-thin-your-royal-oak

I know you are secretly seeking to fund your clandestine pink dial limited edition 2019 model project and this is proof. I will be collecting more evidence. :hehehe:

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
I know you are secretly seeking to fund your clandestine pink dial limited edition 2019 model project and this is proof. I will be collecting more evidence. :hehehe:

Well i can promise you one thing, any money i make from mod work i spent at least 10x more than on watches haha. So far no one will sell me a dial. Id rather buy a spare jf dial than a crappy substandard watch from the gate for the same price. This will be my master piece obviously!

aristole

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/8/19
Hello,

As we all know, the 15400 JF v5 is unfortunately about 1mm thicker than the GEN and ZF comes very close to the GEN thickness.

because I would like to mod my JF v5 to make it as good as possible, that it is even more difficult to recognize that it is a REP and because it bothers me a little that it is 1mm thicker.
I wanted to ask you if you can attach a ZF caseback to a JF v5 to get closer to the GEN thick with the JF.
I think the v5 is really great but would like to mod it, but I don't want to buy a dial or pointer as a GEN, because I find them so good at JF and you can only see that in detail and not on the wrist (I have a white Dial).
unfortunately you can only get a thinner caseback by grinding the bezel or caseback, which I don't want to do because I don't know what to do and I don't know how to do something like that, because I don’t want to break my watch. so grinding is not a solution for me either.

Maybe someone has attached (tried) a ZF backcase to a JF and can tell something about it, or has compared the mass of the two backs whether a ZF back fits the JF housing.

I would be very happy about your answers and experiences!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

As I wrote in the 15400 thread, with detailed comparison pictures between ZF and JF V5, ZF case back does not fit JF case as the complete movement assembly sits lower in the case and you will simply not be able to let the case back sit correctly on the case, the rotor is touching the case back.
Serious modding is needed and I have no idea if it's worth and above all if it can be ever done.

Even the upper bezel is thicker and the case too....

Last edited: