• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC pic, bezel sealing sticking out or non aligned bezel?

Mildeepsea

Horology Curious
5/5/13

Is this the sealing rubber that sticks out or a non aligned bezel? Otherwise it looks good to me. Beautiful watch!
thank you!

Noob Tube

Known Member
6/2/19
No qc pics my friend, the section rules don't allow it.
So i don't think I'm allowed to make a comment relating to that

CarlosFFF

25/6/13
Specific questions regarding QC pictures are ok and not against the rules.

That's either a misaligned gasket or misaligned bezel. Both are easy fixed, it requires loosening the screws slightly so the bezel has some play. Massage it all into place, and tighten again.

Reactions: Mildeepsea

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Specific questions regarding QC pictures are ok and not against the rules.

That's either a misaligned gasket or misaligned bezel. Both are easy fixed, it requires loosening the screws slightly so the bezel has some play. Massage it all into place, and tighten again.

If you think the gasket or bezel is misaligned don't bother a diy fix unless you know what you are doing . If you are anything like me you will break/damage or scratch something .Politely ask for another watch and let the TD/factory worry about it . The TD may offer to sort it for you before dispatch . If you are happy with that get them to sort it and ask for new QC pics .

Reactions: Jaz1 and Mildeepsea

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Reject it. Why settle for this if you’re not comfortable with it? Look at the possibilities:

1. It is normal. But you’re visually not comfortable with it.
2. It isn’t normal, and therefore it should be exchanged.

By starting this thread you already know the answer. It is irrelevant whether this is normal or otherwise.

Just swap it for another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mildeepsea

Horology Curious
5/5/13
Thank you everyone! I wasn't sure if it is sth I could fix. But you guys are right if I'm not sure and uncomfortable I should ask for another watch. So I did now.

Mildeepsea

Horology Curious
5/5/13

Now I received the second watch QC pics and again the gasket is sticking out / not aligned...at different position now. Bad luck? Or common problem with ZF 15400...?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
You have high standards - you need to go gen.