• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The first salmon dial 15202BC automatic watch from XF

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
I got my QC pics but rejected the watch (12 o'clock markers looked crooked to me). Per rules, will not post pics ;)

A few observations:
  1. Color of dial is questionable. It has got shades of yellow, honey, orange - pick your colors :D Some of it may be because of harsh lighting used by TDs to take QC pics.
  2. Just like blue dial, the hour marker lume is green while hands are white.
Edit: Bracelet looks ok to me but has the larger hole in the first link (known problem)

Last edited:

Blaze00215

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/9/19
Illinois, USA
I got my QC pics but rejected the watch (12 o'clock markers looked crooked to me). Per rules, will not post pics ;)

A few observations:
  1. Color of dial is questionable. It has got shades of yellow, honey, orange - pick your colors :D Some of it may be because of harsh lighting used by TDs to take QC pics.
  2. Just like blue dial, the hour marker lume is green while hands are white.
Edit: Bracelet looks ok to me but has the larger hole in the first link (known problem)

Dude, you already rejected it, you can post it to inform us

Reactions: WatchaholicMallorca

jb3md

Renowned Member
11/8/19
Qc pics from trusty, approved.

RyqJ1.jpg

RyYl4.jpg

RyyFI.jpg

RyOaj.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: vcappp

Anadrol5

14/10/18
What is it with XF and mismatching lume? They executed the lume on their Vacheron 2000v perfectly. Why can't they do the same with APs?

kevBquick

9/10/18
the dial just seems yellow to me. i'm not getting any other color pick up from it. with that being said...i think that was always going to be the problem with this dial.
i can't say i see any crooked markers.

and yes the lume on the hands is just too noticeable. i guess i'll move my purchase to a skydweller or ARF datejust or something. when i hit a lot of my watches with a lume charge you can see the hands glow blue at first or differently than the markers. its main towards my APs and Pateks that are like that. only on lume charge.

Last edited:

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Reactions: srhoque and Pdatoon

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Looks like XF might be putting the IP dial out soon too. Trustytime put the placeholder pre-order for it. Kobe's talked about that dial previously. I wonder if they've sent Kobe any promo pics too.

https://trustytime.shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=241_246&products_id=21640

Here are the two dial variants (and gen below it) that Kobe published earlier in the thread. I am looking forward to this release as well.

This is great news!! Love this dial, looking forward...

Hertzen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/20
Would be impressive if they have that greenish lume again...

kevBquick

9/10/18
yeah its like breitling yellow...the color shift doesn't exist.
more of a flat dial of straight yellow. so I have changed my order. sad really.
tired of black dials and blue and white. i liked this particular one because its different.

and while i never thought the dial was salmon or pink....hints of salmon and honey and like a main base of a yellow hue.
to me the dial was this honey hue....i think the DW is the correct color...but thats about it. and if the bracelet still has the
issue. i think this definitely has potential....we need dial updated with font, i don't see them fixing the lume...seems to be a looming issue.
correct the sunken DW (minor issue). just dial color and printing. and bracelet fix and this can be great. and i understand that these
really aren't in the wild so dial color is going to be difficult. i just need something color. i think it lies the sunburst and having some of
these missing multiple hues. hell 99% won't see a real one in the wild. but i think we can agree the color is not correct.

Last edited:

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
I wouldnt care about inaccuracy of the dial color if it just looked good regardless, but i think most of us can agree that a lemon-yellow dial is not what we'd consider good looking. The QC situation is very strange, cause Trusty's natural daylight photos earlier in the thread looked great. Hopefully you guys get your watches soon and confirm the true color for the rest of us that are still on the fence.

jb3md

Renowned Member
11/8/19
Just received today - more fodder for discussion.

fYVrS.jpg

fYJeW.jpg

fYbSP.jpg

fYcEQ.jpg

Tried to picture in a few different types of light.

Of note - the 15202 doesn’t have a seconds hand! My powers of perception are lacking.
fyDHL.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using RWI