• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The first salmon dial 15202BC automatic watch from XF

tonywatches

19/8/12
EU
i think they did a good job on the dial given how hard is to capture the gen feel i can imagine.. never seen or will see the gen so why so picky? its a beautiful watch will order one

Reactions: srhoque

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
i think they did a good job on the dial given how hard is to capture the gen feel i can imagine.. never seen or will see the gen so why so picky? its a beautiful watch will order one

They did a good job to replicate something orange based on pictures without owning the gen, lol.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
I don’t want to sound arrogant but I just don’t understand many of the member negative comments. Have you actually seen the gen dial color in hand? I am sure many have seen the pics of the gen and videos. Seeing only pics of the gen and then commenting about the accuracy of the rep dial color is not an apples to apples comparison. I am not saying that this rep color is accurate but we need to have actual gen to rep comparison (which will be very difficult given gen is rare).

Until then, enjoy (or not) the “unique” rep color.

tonywatches

19/8/12
EU
since we cant really judge the dial althought it looks good enough for most, the only flaws (small ones) in my eyes are
1) slightly green hour markers
2) audemars piguet print too thick
3) date sunken on rep
4) obviously white gold case
ordering one <3

sorry havent read the whole article in case i repeat others

Last edited:

kevBquick

9/10/18
since we cant really judge the dial althought it looks good enough for most, the only flaws (small ones) in my eyes are
1) slightly green hour markers
2) audemars piguet print too thick
3) date sunken on rep
4) obviously white gold case
ordering one <3

agreed.

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
I prefer this over the ST as the blue dial on the 15202ST just looks flat and lifeless to me. The blue dial on the 15400 and 15450 look much better imo, with the stronger sunburst effect, slightly more vibrant blue and larger guilloche, but the 15202 case just has much better proportions than the 154XX line. The salmon 15202 dial just looks much more lively from the few videos I've seen. I personally don't find it any less wearable either, I love the natural tone of the gen. If the rep looks anywhere near as good and isn't that lemon yellow a few of the pictures show I'll be happy with it. The natural light photos trusty posted look great, but the video looks over-saturated and more yellow than honey. All we can do is wait and thank the folks that are diving in and guinea-pigging this watch.

Last edited:

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I don’t want to sound arrogant but I just don’t understand many of the member negative comments. Have you actually seen the gen dial color in hand? I am sure many have seen the pics of the gen and videos. Seeing only pics of the gen and then commenting about the accuracy of the rep dial color is not an apples to apples comparison. I am not saying that this rep color is accurate but we need to have actual gen to rep comparison (which will be very difficult given gen is rare).

Until then, enjoy (or not) the “unique” rep color.

If you take my comment as negative you're wrong, i repeat, they did a good job replicating the color based on pictures :)
But TDs pics was atrocious, that video is the best exemple of the dial we can see, anyway it's a rep, and this version will never get perfect matching color, so... wear what you like.

midnight_pasty

Known Member
11/6/17
they make like 75 of these a year and unless you're a saudi oil prince or ap's best customer you ain't getting one.anyone who's in the know will know this is a rep if they see it out so if you like it,just get it and wear it for what it is

Reactions: srhoque and SHB

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
they make like 75 of these a year and unless you're a saudi oil prince or ap's best customer you ain't getting one.anyone who's in the know will know this is a rep if they see it out so if you like it,just get it and wear it for what it is

Well said but the rep game is "wear what you like".

We can say the same with guys pulling RMs and others tourbillon watches.

If the guy love the model he will wear it, that's the benefits to wear rep, if your goal is to pass as a rich guy make sure to correctly make your choice of brand and model and to have the lifestyle and car/house that follow. Lol

Last edited: