• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The first salmon dial 15202BC automatic watch from XF

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Trusty's pics look like CGI, possibly from AP website. Or, at a minimum, heavily edited/photoshopped dial.

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Anyway, wish I had the cash for a gen white gold watch!

Sent from the RWI App

LOL... all this rant against white gold to conclude with this ! :):):):)

like they say: “ Reality is contradictory , and it’s paradoxical... “

:):):)

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
I find that white gold looks like shit after a while. It scratches easily and the finish tarnishes easily.

So, whilst a new white gold item looks whiter than stainless, the finish doesn’t last - .

my opinion as well, and on such a watch, this means you either never wear it or you are super super careful when having it around the wrist, or you just print bank notes everyday and you don't care about money...
BTW, for the ones claiming the 55k brand new retail, this watch is just not existing at retail price for "normal" clients that are willing to spend 55k ;-)

kevBquick

9/10/18
my wedding ring of 18k white gold (20yrs old). never scratched or even tarnished. with some kind of brushed thing in the middle. never needed to send it in for polishing. on occasion it would have a hint of a color to it but with natural lighting hitting it. under jewelers light it looked like SS. i'm sure AP like ROLEX and PP have their blend of metals to call their own.

i'm getting your point but also its probably not as bad as we think. i think to pull it off comes down to the finish detail. its not like they can't mix SS to form a blend that has a hue to it. similar to switching to 904L for corrosion reasons.

what i'm really debating over is the dial. Angus and Ryan show this bright yellow dial.
Andrew shows this more gen if not gen dial. because it could be gen photos or processed to look gen.

i like this piece as i am looking for something new. not a black dial, blue, silver etc. this piece was checking the boxes if it hit a decent dial color. not bright yellow.

Reactions: vcappp

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
Im no gold expert but I believe White gold used to tarnish in older pieces as its simply yellow gold which is then dipped in rhodium, nowadays that's not really the case.

kevBquick

9/10/18
rhodium is just the coating they put on the outside. i remember him saying when a ring was getting sized that he will just use a little bit of rhodium. its nickel, palledium, silver and gold to make white gold. but i know the jeweler just added rhodium to add something to it the ring to make it smaller.

kevBquick

9/10/18
rhodium is just the coating they put on the outside. i remember him saying when a ring was getting sized that he will just use a little bit of rhodium. its nickel, palladium, silver and gold to make white gold. but i know the jeweler just added rhodium to add something to it the ring to make it smaller.

edit...this is why i say its not too far off from SS.

Last edited:

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Im no gold expert but I believe White gold used to tarnish in older pieces as its simply yellow gold which is then dipped in rhodium, nowadays that's not really the case.

I don’t know man, as far as I know white gold is still rhodium plated - and rhodium plating tarnishes. Most people may not even notice it’s tarnished but it won’t last forever

Sent from the RWI App

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
LOL... all this rant against white gold to conclude with this ! :):):):)

like they say: “ Reality is contradictory , and it’s paradoxical... “

:):):)

Haha. What can I say man. It is what it is.

I’ve got/had plenty of gen yellow gold watches (which also scratche if you look at them funny) but white gold (although it looks like stainless overtime) I doesn’t WEIGH the same as stainless and that’s why I want one. Not because I care for the colour and post pics of gen vs white gold rings lol.

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
I don’t know man, as far as I know white gold is still rhodium plated - and rhodium plating tarnishes. Most people may not even notice it’s tarnished but it won’t last forever

Sent from the RWI App

my best friend daytona WG looks like a grey tarnished old shit after ten years....

kevBquick

9/10/18
so little more info from TD....his pics on his site are not QC pics...they will be uploaded soon and we can compare. i have to imagine all pics will end up the same.

Os-92

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/11/18
Trusty looks like a cropped image from AP ???? what makes me feel sure is how bad It looks on other TDs

kevBquick

9/10/18
right andrew said he will have QC pics uploaded shortly....i pray its not the rest....................
but i know it will be.

just saying to my non metallurgy eyes....it looks like SS....just saying i can't see the diff. but i just a mere mortal.
props if you can see the difference.

097afd9c847d2e64de3a4232fb878226_desktop.jpg

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Interesting, thanks Trusty. That looks fine/within range of acceptability to me. So how to explain the bright yellow monstrosity on Intime/others. Almost as if there are different versions of dial around.

midnight_pasty

Known Member
11/6/17
if they are confirmed like the pics trusty just posted I'll order one,looks pretty good to me.

​​​​if any of you have ever used Superbuy you know they just take pictures on a crappy camera with harsh lighting so the colour looks totally different to real life.it baffles me why a company that has to take pictures doesnt invest in a good camera and professional lighting to give the most realistic photos possible.