• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The first salmon dial 15202BC automatic watch from XF

kevBquick

9/10/18
i'm sure the hands are from one of their other pieces so if everyone was dead set on that being correct...you can join the i'll wait till version X.XXX.
dial color too when colored will always be subject to scrutiny. insert blue, green, gray, etc. its deciding more if this is close enough that you like it.
Andrew says its still delayed. So I don't know what to make of Angus's pics yet.

dial and date window on AP site show know difference in color.

however on hodinkee it does....however color is all over there.....so anyone nailing down the "right" color will be disappointed.
https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/audemars-piguet-royal-oak-jumbo-extra-thin-15202bc-salmon-hands-on

what i find odd is on AP's site that the date window and dial are exactly the same color. every other gen pic shows the colors being different.
https://www.audemarspiguet.com/en/watch-collection/royal-oak/15202BC.OO.1240BC.01/

not that this would be new information but definitely hard to nail the dial color. to me its yellowish....maybe on AP's site and at the very top i can see some pink tones.
next pic down....all yellow with yellow date window.

Reactions: vcappp

raytron

Known Member
28/6/19
Yes. Lume, pinion seems too large. The color of the dial is hard to tell. You would need a comparison to a gen. Looks nice though.

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
They would've been better off matching the dial with the DW color.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I was going to buy, then the intime pics have me scared... I don't think gen has a yellow hue in any light, right?

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Uhoh. Like you I was going to buy, from Intime as it happens. But that yellow is just bad. Gen could be described as golden/champagne/honey, but not yellow. Such a shame after waiting for so long. $488 is a bit too much for it to be basically unwearable if it looks anything like those pictures, and one has to assume that it would.

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
What the hell! Was waiting for this one, but not with that speed yellow dial on InTime! XF should just buy the damn gen to get it 100% and stop screwing around.

whatsupsei

Horology Curious
21/9/19
Is it possible for the TDs to not have the selling units as of yet? Since Andrew mentioned there are still delays?

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Just curious - This was going to be a fantasy model anyway (Gen is WG), so why does Dial color accuracy matter :confused: Whom are we trying to impress here?

Last edited:

BIONONE

28/4/17
Just curious - This was going to be a fantasy model anyway (Gen is WG), so why does Dial color accuracy matter :confused: Whom are we trying to impress here?

The gen has its colour for certain reasons - one of them is the pure aesthetic pleasure when you have such a vibrant honey-like yellow.

If you would only buy it for prestigious reasons like you said the colour wouldnt be an issue of course - but to be honest in the end:

if i want a piss yellow dial without any vibrance or depth i would buy a yellow Breitling Avenger for the sake of a yellow dial.

srhoque

28/11/18
if i want a piss yellow dial without any vibrance or depth i would buy a yellow Breitling Avenger for the sake of a yellow dial.

Now that I agree :DCan't believe PT and InTime has so much variation in color. I was really looking forward to getting this one, but now I am on the fence. Need to see some real life pics first.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I asked my TD for more pics, if he could find some from his sources. After a few hours of searching and asking his contacts, he got back to me and said "I have to ask the factory directly. This is a limited release batch."
Seems like these are teasers and could explain the wild variances. Hopefully the next batch is better.

Last edited:

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I asked my TD for more pics, if he could find some from his sources. After a few hours of searching and asking his contacts, he got back to me and said "I have to ask the factory directly. This is a limited release batch."
Seems like these are teasers and could explain the wild variances. Hopefully the next batch is better.

Isn't someone posted QCs on reddit already? so no more teaser/sample.
QCs pics was atrocious, also we know a lot of TDs play with photoshop so this can explain the color varation between TDs

kevBquick

9/10/18
yeah without real world lighting from someone who is gonna take the hit and post it. i think dial speculation is all we have. light boxes...photo enhanced images. its very hard to tell what the color is. how close it is.

Reactions: KSwatches

Linezero3

Known Member
4/12/16
It's weird, most of the other sites mention it as "Yellow" which does appear to be yellow, although trusty time has it on preorder... it still is much closer to the actual 15202bc colour https://trustytime.shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=241_246&products_id=21447
Looks very close, the only slight issue for now is the inaccuracy of dial colour and Datewheel being a little too dark.. you'll know what i mean with gen side2side comparison