• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Yet another feedback for Legend

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
legend slaughterer62 take a step back and take a breather. this back and forth would just continue into 2020 and detrimental to the AP section and community as a whole.

i don't think SHB had the intention to push legend's work and those long detailed reviews with caliper measurements are from a bygone era. the only member doing such things is flying-tommy and a few others. the Daytona1984 and tosoboso type reviews are from pre-2018 when there was less scrutiny and everyone pushed to mod their watches like gen. i have been here long enough to declare many those members have left for greener pastures or lurk due to the toxic atmosphere over the last few years.

i can see why vetted watch modders like dmuit slaughterer62 r vaccum Strodda can get p!55ed seeing these backdoor modder reviews. Like what is the purpose to go through the SV and trusted modder vetting process? i can claim to do the 'silent rotor mod' and take member watches for $50 and just use anal lubricant. who can say i didn't use mobius oils?
backdoor modding can not be moderated and all based on trust. i don't see how you can regulate against people posting reviews. the truth is legend DOES point out a lot of the flaws on frankens and this indirectly hurt those that build the AP frankens. slaughterer62 asking SHB such detailed questions will always offend legend and the saying 'what goes around comes around' rings true here.

i can say much more but hold my tongue. it does not help.

The ultimate purpose why guys build AP frankens is to emulate the gen, vs creating a custom build. So there is a definitive benchmark of comparison, and that benchmark should be the gen counterpart, as opposed to how much it is better than the A7750 sec@12 stock watch.

this is the type of toxic nonsense i read that pulls this AP section down. THIS IS A REP FORUM FFS.
ALL reps imitate a genuine watch. Go to any TD website and they claim 'Best Super edition made from breakdown genuine watch. 1:1. it would be super boring for members to post "the gen does not use a 7750/2824/2836/miyota 9015" every time some one post a picture.

Lets get away from this nonsense in 2020 and bring back the atmospehere pre-2018!

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Garuda Thanks for that perspective. It is nice to hear a long-time member recall the pre-2018 heyday years on the AP forum. You raise some great issues and the line "All reps imitate a genuine watch" could have been written by me: I was thinking the same thing. In any case, your words and perspective make sense to me (I share many of your thoughts) and I respond to them with a pleasant nod.
I think I am going to follow your advice and take a breather. With its successive reframings, diversions and discursive ploys, as well as its heavy duty language and quoting of my tweets from my twitter account about humility, inside references and jokes (people have sent me a few PMs with questions about the significance of the "pink dial" LOL), etc, I need a while to process all of this. What is encouraging to me anyhow and what is a pleasure are the many PMs I have gotten about this thread from different people wanting to share their thoughts in private, away from the circus, and these have also created the need for me to pause and think before I go on any further. I will monitor the thread of course, and I actually still stand by alot of what I wrote. It is not in any way an aberration or anomaly or some crazy triggered response, but something that was preceded already by previous developments and discussions. I am sorry if I offend anybody by not engaging immediately in something they have written here. I am merely reflecting on them with a thought about what Garuda said, thanks for that. I had almost forgotten the pre-2018 atmosphere.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
legend slaughterer62 take a step back and take a breather. this back and forth would just continue into 2020 and detrimental to the AP section and community as a whole.

i don't think SHB had the intention to push legend's work and those long detailed reviews with caliper measurements are from a bygone era. the only member doing such things is flying-tommy and a few others. the Daytona1984 and tosoboso type reviews are from pre-2018 when there was less scrutiny and everyone pushed to mod their watches like gen. i have been here long enough to declare many those members have left for greener pastures or lurk due to the toxic atmosphere over the last few years.

i can see why vetted watch modders like dmuit slaughterer62 r vaccum Strodda can get p!55ed seeing these backdoor modder reviews. Like what is the purpose to go through the SV and trusted modder vetting process? i can claim to do the 'silent rotor mod' and take member watches for $50 and just use anal lubricant. who can say i didn't use mobius oils?
backdoor modding can not be moderated and all based on trust. i don't see how you can regulate against people posting reviews. the truth is legend DOES point out a lot of the flaws on frankens and this indirectly hurt those that build the AP frankens. slaughterer62 asking SHB such detailed questions will always offend legend and the saying 'what goes around comes around' rings true here.

i can say much more but hold my tongue. it does not help.

this is the type of toxic nonsense i read that pulls this AP section down. THIS IS A REP FORUM FFS.
ALL reps imitate a genuine watch. Go to any TD website and they claim 'Best Super edition made from breakdown genuine watch. 1:1. it would be super boring for members to post "the gen does not use a 7750/2824/2836/miyota 9015" every time some one post a picture.

Lets get away from this nonsense in 2020 and bring back the atmospehere pre-2018!

The one thing I agree to in your post is about stepping back and taking a breather. And that I will do but not because you say so. It is just not going in a constructive manner.

As for the rest, I will take it as your opinion, and while you are entitled to one like everyone else, it does not change what I think.
Yes, all reps seek to emulate the gen like you rightfully mentioned (in fact, the production of any rep banks on the fact that the gen counterpart exists) but frankens and modded reps take this emulation to a new and higher level. As such, learn to separate the effort behind building the watch, and the build quality of it. Putting in tons of money and hours of work does not automatically equate to worship-worthy frankens. To date, I have seen maybe 2-3 builds in total which are wearable as gen visually. If the forum rules dictate that only compliments are allowed each time someone posts a build, then I am happy to comply accordingly. Neither you, slaughterer or anyone else will stop me from calling out flaws on builds, but I can try to be more constructive doing so. On the flip side of the coin, heaping unrealistic accolades on a basic franken build does not help anything as well, besides giving the owner the false sense of what his watch really is. If your answer to that is "so what?" then its the same: so what if his build is dissected if and when he chooses to post it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Allure

blackboxes

Advisor/Supporter
Advisor
31/5/15
I have to chime in on this comment.

I have never seen the likes of Domi or any other trusted modder get pissed off seeing member reviews of another person's works. Is posting a review a crime now? I didn't know I was away for THAT long.

Going through a SV/trusted modder process gets you the support of the forum staff should there be disputes. These are facts. However if members choose to work with Legend based on trust because he SERVED THEIR NEEDS WELL, then where's the problem there with posting a review of work you appreciate? :rolleyes:

-----

While I acknowledge that the term "unwearable franken" discussed many moons back is tad on the strong side, @Legend's said 'criticism' that you clearly abhor had been constructive as far as I can see. We build our stuff based on budgets and goals, so there's no right or wrong having a preference.

Before 2017, we built frankens based on ETA/Noob datewheels, rep hands and thicker-than-gen cases. Maybe we should all return our understanding and go back to the naive days where "great watch wear in good health" was the norm. :)

Thank you.a

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Garuda Thanks for that perspective. It is nice to hear a long-time member recall the pre-2018 heyday years on the AP forum. You raise some great issues and the line "All reps imitate a genuine watch" could have been written by me: I was thinking the same thing. In any case, your words and perspective make sense to me (I share many of your thoughts) and I respond to them with a pleasant nod.
I think I am going to follow your advice and take a breather. With its successive reframings, diversions and discursive ploys, as well as its heavy duty language and quoting of my tweets from my twitter account about humility, inside references and jokes (people have sent me a few PMs with questions about the significance of the "pink dial" LOL), etc, I need a while to process all of this. What is encouraging to me anyhow and what is a pleasure are the many PMs I have gotten about this thread from different people wanting to share their thoughts in private, away from the circus, and these have also created the need for me to pause and think before I go on any further. I will monitor the thread of course, and I actually still stand by alot of what I wrote. It is not in any way an aberration or anomaly or some crazy triggered response, but something that was preceded already by previous developments and discussions. I am sorry if I offend anybody by not engaging immediately in something they have written here. I am merely reflecting on them with a thought about what Garuda said, thanks for that. I had almost forgotten the pre-2018 atmosphere.

Hey Slaughterer, what happened with your "trusted vendor/modder" status? I see that you are a "senior member" now.
I think you are taking the pre-2018 atmosphere thing a bit too literal now, as I understand you were a "senior member" pre-2018.
Hopefully it does restore a little of the atmosphere you have forgotten?

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
legend I don't want you to reply to this post straight away as whatever you write will have some red mist as I go hard here! I actually logged out for 2 weeks after my last PM with you, so i suggest you log out for a few hours. Everyone else DO NOT add any emojis or comments. (If you want to voice your agreement just log-in and hit the like button)

In reply to your post, yes lets settle this once and for all; lets ask trailboss99 for a decision on how we should move along.

First of all, I want to say WE ALL have professional lives outside of this forum and the majority (myself included) DO NOT want the rep scene to cross over into our private life. You quoting someone's personal tweet as parts of your argument is some real 'bunny boiler shit' right there! [if you are too young to know that term, google '9 1/2 weeks Fatal Attraction bunny boiler']
You are a moderator on rwg and you have close friendship with many moderators over here, but know that does not make you invincible. DO NOT feel you can get bailed out every time the SHTF! You actually put your friendship at risk every time THEY have to step-in to close a thread because it got side-tracked into an argument.
You have already demonstrated your ability to pull personal data and mix that into an argument, the question we all ask is 'how far will you take it?' Would you anonymously email someones employer to settle your own score? Does the guy that has an issue with your work have further personal issues later?

I'm no saint on this forum and i DO NOT wish to become a moderator. I respect the time/effort moderators put into these public forums and respect all their decision, even though i do not always agree. You may recall the last time I went on a rampage and I apologised for my behavior. I had to accept 'Everyone has to judge and decide what one can accept and what can not be accepted. Just because you or me can not accept mod / flaw x, it doesn't mean someone else shouldn't do it if they like it.'

There are some written and unwritten rules on these watch forums. The one that reads:
"DO NOT show your reps on a Gen forum" is one we all observe. The forums co-exist, they know we are here and they stick to their game and those that choose to join the rep scene will just play along.
In my opinion, you're are the ONLY member that straddles the forum as a gen owner and accepts the rep scene but has issues with AP frankens specifically. We all understand you have worked hard for your genuine AP watches but this is a hobby and we should not be dictated upon by someone that WILL NOT accept AP frankens because they run the gen watch very close (yes, you will piss yourself laughing when i said 'very close'). When i say 'DICTATE' I actually mean that. You are the one that has set the benchmarks for WHAT is acceptable and what is NOT and driving away the membership because you have a ulterior motive. I do not see you have issues with rolex, panerai or patek frankens.

You need to realise the members that build these AP frankens are those same members that will pre-order those limited edition ROO, V1-Vx divers, 15x reps. Some of us want to finish work, browse the forum and share any info. Every time I ask you to climb down and soften up, you seem ready to fight!? I say it every time, I have no personal beef with you and just want everyone to ride along without the hostilities and toxic nonsense.

So the question for trailboss99 . Do we decide:
A) ALL reps imitate a genuine watch. The AP section is inclusive for those that build modded and franken watches. NO ONE has the authority to set benchmarks for others to adhere.
or
B) AP frankens are placed in a seperate area for scrutiny by those with superior knowledge. Those that do not wish to participate should not post.

Last edited:

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Jesus, can someone lock this thread already? What a shit show. Big words aside, there is some seriously juvenile nonsense being sprouted by many. I seriously doubt TB wants to adjudicate on a playground spat given all the shit going on in Australia at the minute.

Merry Christmas :thumbsup:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
legend I don't want you to reply to this post straight away as whatever you write will have some red mist as I go hard here! I actually logged out for 2 weeks after my last PM with you, so i suggest you log out for a few hours. Everyone else DO NOT add any emojis or comments. (If you want to voice your agreement just log-in and hit the like button)

In reply to your post, yes lets settle this once and for all; lets ask trailboss99 for a decision on how we should move along.

First of all, I want to say WE ALL have professional lives outside of this forum and the majority (myself included) DO NOT want the rep scene to cross over into our private life. You quoting someone's personal tweet as parts of your argument is some real 'bunny boiler shit' right there! [if you are too young to know that term, google '9 1/2 weeks bunny boiler']
You are a moderator on rwg and you have close friendship with many moderators over here, but know that does not make you invincible. DO NOT feel you can get bailed out every time the SHTF! You actually put your friendship at risk every time THEY have to step-in to close a thread because it got side-tracked into an argument.
You have already demonstrated your ability to pull personal data and mix that into an argument, the question we all ask is 'how far will you take it?' Would you anonymously email someones employer to settle your own score? Does the guy that has an issue with your work have further personal issues later?

I'm no saint on this forum and i DO NOT wish to become a moderator. I respect the time/effort moderators put into these public forums and respect all their decision, even though i do not always agree. You may recall the last time I went on a rampage and I apologised for my behavior. I had to accept 'Everyone has to judge and decide what one can accept and what can not be accepted. Just because you or me can not accept mod / flaw x, it doesn't mean someone else shouldn't do it if they like it.'

There are some written and unwritten rules on these watch forums. The one that reads:
"DO NOT show your reps on a Gen forum" is one we all observe. The forums co-exist, they know we are here and they stick to their game and those that choose to join the rep scene will just play along.
In my opinion, you're are the ONLY member that straddles the forum as a gen owner and accepts the rep scene but has issues with AP frankens specifically. We all understand you have worked hard for your genuine AP watches but this is a hobby and we should not be dictated upon by someone that WILL NOT accept AP frankens because they run the gen watch very close (yes, you will piss yourself laughing when i said 'very close'). When i say 'DICTATE' I actually mean that. You are the one that has set the benchmarks for WHAT is acceptable and what is NOT and driving away the membership because you have a ulterior motive. I do not see you have issues with rolex, panerai or patek frankens.

You need to realise the members that build these AP frankens are those same members that will pre-order those limited edition ROO, V1-Vx divers, 15x reps. Some of us want to finish work, browse the forum and share any info. Every time I ask you to climb down and soften up, you seem ready to fight!? I say it every time, I have no personal beef with you and just want everyone to ride along without the hostilities and toxic nonsense.

So the question for trailboss99 . Do we decide:
A) ALL reps imitate a genuine watch. The AP section is inclusive for those that build modded and franken watches. NO ONE has the authority to set benchmarks for others to adhere.
or
B) AP frankens are placed in a seperate area for scrutiny by those with superior knowledge. Those that do not wish to participate should not post.

Wow, no animosity toward you, and to show it, I liked the post too. Will reply later, let me look through your points first. :clap_1:

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Jesus, can someone lock this thread already? What a shit show. Big words aside, there is some seriously juvenile nonsense being sprouted by many. I seriously doubt TB wants to adjudicate on a playground spat given all the shit going on in Australia at the minute.

oh shut up and make a movie about it already. You're good at that, except that you failed casting someone to play Janda in "The $98 Miracle".
Hate to remind you of your past failure. :hehehe:

jibuti

24/4/08
EU

What-the-Fuck.gif

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
This has to be the BEST thread since a long time been posted here. No sarcasms :)

Always enjoyed a good Soap Opera with grown men full of egos...

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
This has to be the BEST thread since a long time been posted here. No sarcasms :)

Always enjoyed a good Soap Opera with grown men full of egos...

Yes but unfortunately in deference to Trailboss this needs to stop. I shall cease here. I’m glad that you were entertained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk