• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

26606, 26574, 26586

Flay

Known Member
27/10/19
I am suprised to don't see any replica of the superb 26606 with its green Dial.
Some 26574 are made but poorly,
And I haven't seen any 26586 either.

I mean those watches are fantastic, beautifull and a peace of art and technologie.

e10967e443d51262cc2731b1df3f6b17.png
0ce4901eeabfbaea9d648ca7a2ead61f.png
1e7035b75ff07fe353700789c0f55b89.jpg

Last edited:

Flay

Known Member
27/10/19
They are, thats why I think its weard that there is no Rep of those or poor rep (26574)

Flay

Known Member
27/10/19

Yes thats the only one that do not look too terrible, but if you look at the month / year dial you will see its missing somthing and thats a big issue, it makes that perpetual calendar watch not so perpetual anymore. and thats the all clue with that model.
The finish is not bad at all but not full fonction is a turn down.
And 12,5mm is way off the 9,5 of the Gen

Last edited:

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Yes thats the only one that do not look too terrible, but if you look at the month / year dial you will see its missing somthing and thats a big issue, it makes that perpetual calendar watch not so perpetual anymore. and thats the all clue with that model.
The finish is not bad at all but not full fonction is a turn down.
And 12,5mm is way off the 9,5 of the Gen

I don't think you realize the complexity of the gen movements, especially what it takes to keep these gens that thin. This is what prevents good reps from being made. It took decades to get a real 4130 rep movement, and it's only a Chrono. So I don't see a decent rep of such complex models coming anytime soon.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I don't think you realize the complexity of the gen movements, especially what it takes to keep these gens that thin. This is what prevents good reps from being made. It took decades to get a real 4130 rep movement, and it's only a Chrono. So I don't see a decent rep of such complex models coming anytime soon.

What he said

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I am suprised to don't see any replica of the superb 26606 with its green Dial.
Some 26574 are made but poorly,
And I haven't seen any 26586 either.

I mean those watches are fantastic, beautifull and a peace of art and technologie.

]

In this hobby, not every model will be repped, and not every model can be repped well.
These are intricate models, and priced relatively high among its gen peers, and there are not the popular models like the 15400. It is unrealistic to expect good replicas of these, and I think that you should be glad that a replica for these even exists. Don't expect decent reps of these when they cannot even get the basic chronograph models right.
If you like these, then save up to buy the gen. You will never be happy with what the rep (no matter how it evolves, IF it evolves) has to offer.

Reactions: Allure

Flay

Known Member
27/10/19
In this hobby, not every model will be repped, and not every model can be repped well.
These are intricate models, and priced relatively high among its gen peers, and there are not the popular models like the 15400. It is unrealistic to expect good replicas of these, and I think that you should be glad that a replica for these even exists. Don't expect decent reps of these when they cannot even get the basic chronograph models right.
If you like these, then save up to buy the gen. You will never be happy with what the rep (no matter how it evolves, IF it evolves) has to offer.

You are certainly right.

Sent from the RWI App

Flay

Known Member
27/10/19

You are certainly right.

Sent from the RWI App

Gucciboy36

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/12/19
There is very munch complication it’s very hard to copy with an high level

Flay

Known Member
27/10/19
it is but when you see that noob can sell a Daytona gold plated over $700. Maybe it could be worth investing some R&D in AP perpetual calendar.
The outside of AP RO watch are not bad at all so not much effort needed here to get that same finish on the complicated.
Of course the challenge is the movement, and the final question would be what the cost of a fully fonctional Perpetual Calender would be

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
it is but when you see that noob can sell a Daytona gold plated over $700. Maybe it could be worth investing some R&D in AP perpetual calendar.
The outside of AP RO watch are not bad at all so not much effort needed here to get that same finish on the complicated.
Of course the challenge is the movement, and the final question would be what the cost of a fully fonctional Perpetual Calender would be

I am almost certain that whatever happened to the Noob Daytona will not happen to this perpetual calendar model. The reason is demand.
The Daytona is one of the most popular watches in the world. The AP perpetual calendar is not, by far. Forget about whether the factories can do a better rep of this watch. Even if they can, the number of people who will buy it, compared with the evergreen Daytona, will be pathetically small at best.
Being a gen AP guy, I am actually glad that all AP reps, and even frankens are flawed to various extents. Of course I will be happy to change my attitude (and collection) in this regard when they start making more accurate ROOs or Royal Oaks. I do not want to wear something which everyone is wearing the rep of because it is a "1:1 super rep". It is not about wanting to feel superior, but its just a matter of personal differentiation.
So the good news for you remains: wear the gen of this, and you will be in a league where no decent reps of your watch exists. ;)

Reactions: Allure

Dragonfly35

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/4/20
Sunny country
Nice question.
Unfortunately I know what happened starting from 3.40 till now, only...
:hehehe: