• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF start to make the 1:1 AP 15202

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Really want this to be true. I’ve been wanting a 15202st for a while now, but I just can’t deal with the mismatching lume in the XF range.

Then your solution is to wait a v3 by xf with let's hope lume fix or a zf release, you can also go with the jf and incorrect thickness

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Does JF sell only the dial and can it fit the XF case without Mods?

Mr.RobotAI

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/5/20
I was excited for XF V2 but got my heart broken, ZF is where my hope is at for 15202. Hopefully thickness will be reasonable from 8.2mm to 8.5mm as well as caseback will be better than XF's along with freaking MATCHING WHITE LUME instead of yellow! As for the bracelet, hopefully they don't have HUGE GAP LIKE THE WORLD HAS SPLIT APART! Also the end links are not supposed to MOVE, they're fixed and don't move at all since 2012 releases based on another member's info, forgot his nickname, he owns the gen.

I don't understand how Chinese people think and how they call something in front of their eyes with clear and obvious differences "1:1" replicas. Surely that's for the marketing side of things because certainly they can barely get the freaking colour right let alone the rest of the watch to consider it "1:1" with Gen.

May the God of watches be guiding ZF for the 15202 release.

Last edited:
Reactions: phdsjain and gilrob

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I was excited for XF V2 but got my heart broken, ZF is where my hope is at for 15202. Hopefully thickness will be reasonable from 8.2mm to 8.5mm as well as caseback will be better than XF's along with freaking MATCHING WHITE LUME instead of yellow! As for the bracelet, hopefully they don't have HUGE GAP LIKE THE WORLD HAS SPLIT APART! Also the end links are not supposed to MOVE, they're fixed and don't move at all since 2012 releases based on another member's info, forgot his nickname, he owns the gen.

I don't understand how Chinese people think and how they call something in front of their eyes with clear and obvious differences "1:1" replicas. Surely that's for the marketing side of things because certainly they can barely get the freaking colour right let alone the rest of the watch to consider it "1:1" with Gen.

Welcome to the world of reps

Reactions: Sonofalich

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
They mean 1:1 for the average person i guess, not watch freaks with loupes on their side :p

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

From the start of the hobby and until the end, there have never been and there will never be a 1:1. The only 1:1 comes with a 1:1 price. You already know that it’s just a marketing ploy by the rep makers to entice the market. And many customers who have never seen the gen and are too lazy to do research will just fall for it and buy thinking that they’ve struck gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

Mr.RobotAI

18/5/20
From the start of the hobby and until the end, there have never been and there will never be a 1:1. The only 1:1 comes with a 1:1 price. You already know that it’s just a marketing ploy by the rep makers to entice the market. And many customers who have never seen the gen and are too lazy to do research will just fall for it and buy thinking that they’ve struck gold.

Haha that was a good statement, furthermore I'd like to add. Even for Gens they often don't come 1:1 compared to what the pictures and promises are from the big brands. My first Rolex, I studied a lot before purchasing so that I knew how to inspect and make sure I'd be happy with the watch's quality. The big brands also come with flaws but most people think that "I bought it from them and paid the amount they asked and I have the receipt so I'm happy with it", I would definitely not buy unless I'd be totally satisfied with its quality but each to their own. Often you see Gen watches with plenty of flaws therefore each person has their own idea of what 1:1 means to them personally and if we want to get deep into the subject, we soon realise it's just an illusion regardless of its merits for both Reps and Gens.

That being said, I definitely think that XF could've done a better job but since they're too lazy and incompetent to adjust based on the feedback received like ZZF has done with their Submariners (still can't quite get how come first batch for XF V2 the lume was fixed and nicely matched with white lume throughout the dial and after a week or two it went back to yellow lume but ok), my hope lies with ZF who's done a great job with their 15500s! ;)

Last edited:

Pdatoon

Renowned Member
2/2/19

You can ease your frustration by buying a gen maybe.

Firecomet

13/5/18
Gotten my watch today, delivery time took a week. Really fast and the response from TD is great! The watch really look great!

However the mismatch lume is really obvious via the naked eye. So if you can’t stand it don buy it.

5e98526b6a80412c5ee7db30b347da16.jpg

Tried removing the links and one of the screw was really tough and I damaged it by accident with a bleeding thumb.

Tried oiling and putting it in the hot water. But still fail, any tips? As I want to remove it and replace the screw.

0602b301f48b978c7eb5b6253cfe5bfc.jpg

Took out 3 links and fit on my hand nicely. Will try to take some wrist shots when have the chance.

Mr.RobotAI

18/5/20
Gotten my watch today, delivery time took a week. Really fast and the response from TD is great! The watch really look great!

However the mismatch lume is really obvious via the naked eye. So if you can’t stand it don buy it.

5e98526b6a80412c5ee7db30b347da16.jpg

Tried removing the links and one of the screw was really tough and I damaged it by accident with a bleeding thumb.

Tried oiling and putting it in the hot water. But still fail, any tips? As I want to remove it and replace the screw.

0602b301f48b978c7eb5b6253cfe5bfc.jpg

Took out 3 links and fit on my hand nicely. Will try to take some wrist shots when have the chance.

Based on my own experience (that's how I done fixed my first Rep bracelet), use hair dryer put on max heat setting. Careful if you touch the steel you'll burn yourself!
That will melt the Loctite allowing you to unscrew it, they often put lock threads on screws for safety.
And yes, often people scratch the hell out of bracelets and damage the screws if not doing it carefully.
Here's a thread with step by step I've posted before: https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/ha9ma2/rolex_submariner_bracelet_links_removal_guide/

Reactions: Firecomet

Mr.RobotAI

18/5/20
Cool. Better wait then buddy instead of inflicting yourself so much pain with a flawed rep.

I'll have to get a Rep anyway to beat it up in certain environments, I'm not that wealthy yet to wear it like it's a £10 from the corner shop anywhere I go, maybe one day :p
So the pain persists :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Firecomet

13/5/18
Based on my own experience (that's how I done fixed my first Rep bracelet), use hair dryer put on max heat setting. Careful if you touch the steel you'll burn yourself!
That will melt the Loctite allowing you to unscrew it, they often put lock threads on screws for safety.
And yes, often people scratch the hell out of bracelets and damage the screws if not doing it carefully.
Here's a thread with step by step I've posted before: https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/ha9ma2/rolex_submariner_bracelet_links_removal_guide/

Thanks! I will try again next time. Gonna put a bookmark to it. :)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Haha that was a good statement, furthermore I'd like to add. Even for Gens they often don't come 1:1 compared to what the pictures and promises are from the big brands. My first Rolex, I studied a lot before purchasing so that I knew how to inspect and make sure I'd be happy with the watch's quality. The big brands also come with flaws but most people think that "I bought it from them and paid the amount they asked and I have the receipt so I'm happy with it", I would definitely not buy unless I'd be totally satisfied with its quality but each to their own. Often you see Gen watches with plenty of flaws therefore each person has their own idea of what 1:1 means to them personally and if we want to get deep into the subject, we soon realise it's just an illusion regardless of its merits for both Reps and Gens.

That being said, I definitely think that XF could've done a better job but since they're too lazy and incompetent to adjust based on the feedback received like ZZF has done with their Submariners (still can't quite get how come first batch for XF V2 the lume was fixed and nicely matched with white lume throughout the dial and after a week or two it went back to yellow lume but ok), my hope lies with ZF who's done a great job with their 15500s! ;)

The average owner, when receiving a new luxury watch, is too excited to inspect the watch for flaws. Most see what they wish to see, a brand X watch which is now in their ownership.
You are correct that even gens come with flaws. Finishing, assembly, and QC are all done by human beings.. it will be unreasonable to assume a 100% perfection rate. Used gens of course add on wear and tear and owner abuse/misuse as part of their history.

Reactions: Allure and QueTip

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
Also the end links are not supposed to MOVE, they're fixed and don't move at all since 2012 releases ...

the end link are moving a little bit (few mm) on gen last edition, but of course it is not comparable to what you see on xf which is much closer to 5402 than 15202.

Anadrol5

14/10/18
the end link are moving a little bit (few mm) on gen last edition, but of course it is not comparable to what you see on xf which is much closer to 5402 than 15202.

This is exactly right. In fact, one of the easiest way to spot a fake Royal Oak is non-moving endlinks.

raytron

Known Member
28/6/19
You are right. After all of they mess up something so obvious as the yellow lume, I don’t want to know what else they have messed up under the hood.

this compromises the trust in the XF brand and quality.

lets not forget it is a 500 usd watch. Hence we can expect quality. If you compare the execution of craftsmanship to a 500 usd Seiko you will quickly see that Seiko produces great pieces. I expect at least such a quality from a rep.