• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF start to make the 1:1 AP 15202

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Isn’t this a comparison of XF vs GEN rather than ZF?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

ZF hasn't released their 15202 yet.tgis thread was a heads up that they're working on it. So any comparison you will find will be about XF (or older models like JF)

raytron

Known Member
28/6/19
How are things? Are there any plans on the road map regarding the 15202?

Last edited:

Denix31

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
27/5/19
Brace yourself, dumb question over here:

Why ZF is putting time and money in replicated a already great rep from XF instead of going with another AP popular model...?

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

Why ZF is putting time and money in replicated a already great rep from XF instead of going with another AP popular model...?

Competition duh

srhoque

28/11/18

You have been on this forum for a while, members don't accept "already great" :D:D We want 1:1 gen-like (or in some cases better than gen) and tend to evaluate every rep under a 10x loupe. Unless the rep is flawless from a mile away (which the XF isn't), we will not be satisfied.

15202 is a very popular model (size makes it ideal for a wide variety of wrists) and ZF sees an opportunity here to make money. Besides as mentioned above, competition is good for us consumers.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I hope they use an Asian ETA copy even if it's a little thicker then a Miyota 9015 base. A2892 might be a solution...?

You have been on this forum for a while, members don't accept "already great" :D:D We want 1:1 gen-like (or in some cases better than gen) and tend to evaluate every rep under a 10x loupe.

There's guys who only use a 10x loupe? I blow up macro shots of a single index marker to 55" screen size... :fuelfire:

Reactions: srhoque

BIONONE

28/4/17
I hope they use an Asian ETA copy even if it's a little thicker then a Miyota 9015 base. A2892 might be a solution...?
what do you gain from an ETA clone?

The A2892 is known for its weakness and anything else will make it fat like a burger which let the whole project miss the point of this watch.

With the 9015 you got a reliable, repairable and even easily replaceable movement - and if you look closer the architecture of the movement isn't too far away from the 2121 even if the finish is miles apart and you can't expect an $80 movement to function like one of the slimmest Swiss automatic movements (with a centered rotor) ever made.

With an ETA you really get no true advantages over the 9015...

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
what do you gain from an ETA clone?

The A2892 is known for its weakness and anything else will make it fat like a burger which let the whole project miss the point of this watch.

Not sure what weakness you're thinking of. The inefficient automatic winding was solved with the introduction of the 2892-A2 as far as I know. Shouldn't be any difference to the Miyota 9015 from reliability point of view. Stupid question on top: do reps use copies of the Miyota 9015 or are those gen movements?

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth

Well the 15400 and 15500 from ZF are spot on just with the 1st iteration, XF is already on v2 and they're unable to provide to fix the famous lume mismatch, so I'd be happy to see the 15202 from ZF, pretty sure this one will be spot on just as the two others releases.

(Zf had a lume mismatch on the tudor bb58, they immediately fixed it with a v2 and nowadays theses are superb rep)

Can't wait to see more ZF releases, after the 15202 and Diver, maybe some ROOs would be sweet :)

Reactions: Tony12345

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
There's guys who only use a 10x loupe? I blow up macro shots of a single index marker to 55" screen size... :fuelfire:

Yes, usually us modders inspect each swirl on a dial tapisserie, blown up to fill the the screen in a cinemax theater. Then 3hrs later, we move on to the next tapisserie... and the next.
The issue is that by the time the dial inspection is done, the next version would have been released, and I am trying to find a way round that.
It is, as we all know, essential that each infinitesimal detail on these $500 reps are perfect, or the entire watch needs to be rubbished and a thread needs to be created to whine about it.
Being a client of AP, I have proposed that they adopt the same level of scrutiny for their $20k watches but I have yet to hear anything from them. That was about 4 years back, so I can safely assume that they have chucked my proposal into the bin the same way some of us do to reps with imperfect tiny details. How dare they! :hehehe:

Denix31

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
27/5/19
Well the 15400 and 15500 from ZF are spot on just with the 1st iteration, XF is already on v2 and they're unable to provide to fix the famous lume mismatch, so I'd be happy to see the 15202 from ZF, pretty sure this one will be spot on just as the two others releases.

(Zf had a lume mismatch on the tudor bb58, they immediately fixed it with a v2 and nowadays theses are superb rep)

Can't wait to see more ZF releases, after the 15202 and Diver, maybe some ROOs would be sweet :)

I'm eagerly waiting for a rose gold edition of their 15500 from ZF. The one from OMF is really cringy for the price (especially the date window imo), even after their v2...

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
Why u call 1:1 even it's not rep complete 1:1 clone movement.
what a joke...

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
Very excited about this. Waiting patiently.

exacten

Known Member
31/10/19
healthy with some competition looking forward to the reveal

Last edited:

Rpde

Horology Curious
12/7/20
I’m torn between getting the XF, and waiting for the ZF... I love the quality of my ZF aquanaut. Should we expect the same level of quality for their 15202?

Tobel

6/7/17
I’m torn between getting the XF, and waiting for the ZF... I love the quality of my ZF aquanaut. Should we expect the same level of quality for their 15202?

No way to know before it's out, but ZF has been releasing some good quality watches recently, such as the 15500

thechoppiestgreens

2/4/18
Really want this to be true. I’ve been wanting a 15202st for a while now, but I just can’t deal with the mismatching lume in the XF range.