• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[QC] Royal Oak OffShore JF v2

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
eAwsI.jpg

eAMDc.jpg

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
And you should shave that caseback.. its BIG and verry top heavy. I hade the same problem. But its an easy fix. If you live in eu you can send the caseback to slaughter. It cost 80euro to fix it and the watch is totaly different in feeling. Totaly worth it if you ask me :)
b1953171e9a23cae53f7f88c1e7b56eb.plist
ab07c2d7b4e29dfb045f20d01c51b348.jpg
43c870a653ec608b823d53d4d5f070c5.jpg

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

My modder says that it’s an impossible fix because the A7750 rotor that would touch on caseback and he should remove it to shave the caseback. Could the thinner OffShore be a gen one?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
My modder says that it’s an impossible fix because the A7750 rotor that would touch on caseback and he should remove it to shave the caseback. Could the thinner OffShore be a gen one?

What Tompa said is true, it is definitely possible to fix. Slaughterer is just one of the modders who can do it, but Spongebob and I both have done it. The thinner offshore in the pic likely isn't gen.
Ask your modder to consider changing to a thinner ETA rotor.

Reactions: Allure

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
Last night my OffShore had a strange problem. Before falling asleep, I started the chronograph for a few minutes, then I stopped the chronograph and reset it. This morning the clock went back two hours. I tried to load it through the crown, but it lost minutes. Then I restarted the chronograph, stopped it and reset it after a few seconds, and the watch started working normally again. It is working well for a few hours now. Can any expert explain what could have happened?

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
Johnny Depp is a good guy but can you please tell him that the Pirates of the Caribbean series was so-so after the first movie? lol

I’ll tell him! :D
My watch is still having problems. This morning I found it stopped as if it had no more charge. But it restarted again without new charge but simply starting the chronograph. Could this problem be due to the oil my watchmaker used to silence the rotor?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I’ll tell him! :D
My watch is still having problems. This morning I found it stopped as if it had no more charge. But it restarted again without new charge but simply starting the chronograph. Could this problem be due to the oil my watchmaker used to silence the rotor?

This is a typical issue, brought on by the A7750 sec@12 movement design, and no fault of your watchmaker or the oil he used. Even after service, some of these unfortunate specimens will still exhibit issues. I will recommend you not to play with the chrono, and also if possible, ask your watchmaker to replace the mainspring to a swiss one.

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
This is a typical issue, brought on by the A7750 sec@12 movement design, and no fault of your watchmaker or the oil he used. Even after service, some of these unfortunate specimens will still exhibit issues. I will recommend you not to play with the chrono, and also if possible, ask your watchmaker to replace the mainspring to a swiss one.

Thanks a lot legend, I’ll ask to replace the mainspring and I’ll not play with chrono anymore, hoping that the watch won't stuck again

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks a lot legend, I’ll ask to replace the mainspring and I’ll not play with chrono anymore, hoping that the watch won't stuck again

Remember that for this movement, having it serviced will not change the precarious design. The chrono is a weak point of the movement design, and it is a little like playing Russian Roulette each time you engage the chrono. Heck, even the gen 3126/3840 does not have the most reliable chrono function compared with other luxury watches with integrated chrono movements like the Rolex 4130 or even the Hublot Unico.

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
Remember that for this movement, having it serviced will not change the precarious design. The chrono is a weak point of the movement design, and it is a little like playing Russian Roulette each time you engage the chrono. Heck, even the gen 3126/3840 does not have the most reliable chrono function compared with other luxury watches with integrated chrono movements like the Rolex 4130 or even the Hublot Unico.

Ok, I’ll save money then, I was already going to my watchmaker for a full service! :)
Thanks for that, however, it is a shame, I would have also bought the Safari and the G7, but at this point I think I'll let it go.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Ok, I’ll save money then, I was already going to my watchmaker for a full service! :)
Thanks for that, however, it is a shame, I would have also bought the Safari and the G7, but at this point I think I'll let it go.

That's why i've stopped to search for ROO, I was badly after classic safari, black RC, beast and tantalum but well... way too much movement issue and not talking about the flaws, even post modding most of the ROO looks fake at first view :(
Better save money and buy some 4130 clone or thoses sexy XF and ZF APs :)

Last edited:

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
That's why i've stopped to search for ROO, I was badly after classic safari, black RC, beast and tantalum but well... way too much movement issue and not talking about the flaws, even post modding most of the ROO looks fake at first view :(

Yeah, I already have a ZF Royal Oak and just ordered a 4130 Daytona ;)
However I really love so much this rubberclad!

Last edited:

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Yeah, I already have a ZF Royal Oak and just ordered a 4130 Daytona ;)
However I really love so much this rubberclad!

Nice! You won't be disappointed with the 4130, almost the same price of a ROO, but you get a clone movement in it (worth the price)!

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
Nice! You won't be disappointed with the 4130, almost the same price of a ROO, but you get a clone movement in it (worth the price)!

Yeah, price is high but I think that some noob Daytonas can be called currently super rep

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden

So what? You use your replica watches to fool your friends, play big dog with the ladies?:) Hahah. No just kidding buddy. But, not all guys want smal watches like 15202 or daytona. I like them both and have them both but i never use them, they are to small for me. 39/40mm and verry thinn, not for me. I realy like Roo 42mm. Perfekt size. And JF Roo is quality. It feels realy expensive. And not many guys outside this fora can ”call you out” either, (if that is so importent)trust me.
So use your rc buddy,

Reactions: SHB

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
But the movment is shit that a can agree on :) specialy this ap setup sec@12

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
So what? You use your replica watches to fool your friends, play big dog with the ladies?:) Hahah. No just kidding buddy. But, not all guys want smal watches like 15202 or daytona. I like them both and have them both but i never use them, they are to small for me. 39/40mm and verry thinn, not for me. I realy like Roo 42mm. Perfekt size. And JF Roo is quality. It feels realy expensive. And not many guys outside this fora can ”call you out” either, (if that is so importent)trust me.
So use your rc buddy,

Lmao you got me bro!
Nah i don't fool people, when someone ask me if it's a rep I say yes, and peeps always say "wow, where can i buy one"

​​​The roo is a cool watch, but it's overpriced, factory (jf) is worse than before as well, as exemple hamburger caseback lol, and they sell that movement timebomb 600usd.... Better buy noob daytona for this price, at least you understand why you pay 600 usd for your clone movement.
Jf play monopoly with AP (well only for roo's now), i just hope to see xf or zf to start to rep some roo for a decent price, was my 2 cents.

Btw no offense to roo owners, was just my personal advice and i can tell you T, i'm in love with your collection.

Reactions: Tompa and SuperLory

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
I hope ZF will start rep some OffShore, they are doing a really great job on the 15400

Reactions: AP2003

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Lmao you got me bro!
Nah i don't fool people, when someone ask me if it's a rep I say yes, and peeps always say "wow, where can i buy one"

​​​The roo is a cool watch, but it's overpriced, factory (jf) is worse than before as well, as exemple hamburger caseback lol, and they sell that movement timebomb 600usd.... Better buy noob daytona for this price, at least you understand why you pay 600 usd for your clone movement.
Jf play monopoly with AP (well only for roo's now), i just hope to see xf or zf to start to rep some roo for a decent price, was my 2 cents.

Btw no offense to roo owners, was just my personal advice and i can tell you T, i'm in love with your collection.

i share the same sentiment

(took me a while I know...)

Reactions: Tompa and SHB