• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sources for Replacement movement A7750 secs @ 12 for AP ROO chrono?

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
My 44mm novelty Panda movement decided to crap out on me. I’ve asked TDs to source a replacement but they say JF isn’t selling movements separately. Anyone have a source?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Cousins sell swiss ones. Not cheap but might not crap out in the future.
https://www.cousinsuk.com/search?SearchTerm=7750+movement

No, that will not fit OP's movement without extensive modifications Dr Fun Socks. It is like putting putting a pink dial into an ROO: Severe incompatibility. I am having lingering nightmares from that saga.

OldNavitimer , the A7750 sec@12 can be problematic, but I will recommend you get it serviced and revived.
The regular ETA7750 is not a direct replacement for your movement, due to its modified nature. Basically, your most realistic choice is to get it serviced and repaired by a watchsmith or modder here. Get the mainspring replaced as well with a swiss one.

Reactions: Allure

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
No, that will not fit OP's movement without extensive modifications Dr Fun Socks. It is like putting putting a pink dial into an ROO: Severe incompatibility. I am having lingering nightmares from that saga.

OldNavitimer , the A7750 sec@12 can be problematic, but I will recommend you get it serviced and revived.
The regular ETA7750 is not a direct replacement for your movement, due to its modified nature. Basically, your most realistic choice is to get it serviced and repaired by a watchsmith or modder here. Get the mainspring replaced as well with a swiss one.

My bad op didn’t mean to give you a bum steer. Hit me up if you want a pink dial mod, they’re all the rage at the moment :)

Last edited:

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
I think Limpy has an AP 7750@12 for sale at the moment if you don’t want to get yours repaired

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
My bad op didn’t mean to give you a bum steer. Hit me up if you want a pink dial mod, they’re all the rage at the moment :)

Yes and I know of exactly 1 (one) member who adores pink AP dials. Give up your senseless crusade already doctor lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19

My watch smith says the chrono reset arm and winding system is bad. He recommends I get a new movement, which seems to be impossible to find. Hence why I am asking the AP braintrust.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
My watch smith says the chrono reset arm and winding system is bad. He recommends I get a new movement, which seems to be impossible to find. Hence why I am asking the AP braintrust.

Even so, there is no need to get a new movement. They can be fixed. Your watchsmith probably does not have the relevant experience in this area. If he works on gens, he may have no clue on how to handle an A7750 sec@12 movement, due to it being a chinese modified movement, and in no way a reflection on his competency.

aflop

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/5/13
Used to be available from a source but not cheap vs what those AP ROO sale prices that happen from time to time

Sent from my MAR-LX2 using Tapatalk

2MMS

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/4/14
Bringing this thread back from the dead.

I have a AP Ginza that I purchased from a TD years ago and it stopped working earlier this year.

Can anyone refer me to a reputable watch smith that can repair or replace the A7750 movement? I don't want to throw away such a good watch which was barely worn.

BTW- I'm in the US but willing to ship my watch overseas if needed.

Thanks in advance.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Bringing this thread back from the dead.

I have a AP Ginza that I purchased from a TD years ago and it stopped working earlier this year.

Can anyone refer me to a reputable watch smith that can repair or replace the A7750 movement? I don't want to throw away such a good watch which was barely worn.

BTW- I'm in the US but willing to ship my watch overseas if needed.

Thanks in advance.

Id try to get it serviced first, will probably be fine. Ive had one stop on me, it was just so dry that it wouldn’t start. If all else fails ive got a brand new a7750 movement if you need it. I was planning to learn to service them but i sold all my 7750 watches so seems pointless now.

2MMS

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/4/14
Id try to get it serviced first, will probably be fine. Ive had one stop on me, it was just so dry that it wouldn’t start. If all else fails ive got a brand new a7750 movement if you need it. I was planning to learn to service them but i sold all my 7750 watches so seems pointless now.

Thank you for the comments. Would you know of anyone in the US that can fix the movement?

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
oascom Sorry mate im in the uk. If your willing to send it over here I highly recommend my watch maker, but you’ll save a bit on postage if you keep it your side of the Atlantic. Have you tried oascom?

Last edited:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth

Please no, you don't have the scuderia roo anymore????? :((((

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Please no, you don't have the scuderia roo anymore????? :((((

Sorry mate theyre all gone. Im sticking to watches i know how to service, 2824 and 2836’s. Its shit but what can you do!

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Sorry mate theyre all gone. Im sticking to watches i know how to service, 2824 and 2836’s. Its shit but what can you do!

Aww didn't got your pm for that badass lol, i hope you still have a red watch in collection.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Aww didn't got your pm for that badass lol, i hope you still have a red watch in collection.

Sorry man it was a local thing to a mate. I compromised and ive stopped wearing red shirts :p