• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Green Royal Oak 15710 by Jf Released

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Great looking watch, this military green is cool, could be ever more cool with a camo rubber strap.

Reactions: Kitosarg

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Thank you for sharing. Instead of a flawed black diver we now have a flawed green one lol.
JF has gone through many iterations of AP divers already, but still produce watches with the same flaws. The XF 15202 by comparison shows more dedication and sincere. Yes none of the reps are perfect. But JF has had a lot more experience repping APs and shown little improvements with each new version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
Thank you for sharing. Instead of a flawed black diver we now have a flawed green one lol.
JF has gone through many iterations of AP divers already, but still produce watches with the same flaws. The XF 15202 by comparison shows more dedication and sincere. Yes none of the reps are perfect. But JF has had a lot more experience repping APs and shown little improvements with each new version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as a newbie to AP reps what are the flaws........ interested in my first diver.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Like already mentioned - nothing groundbreaking... Not one spark of innovation or development.

only positive thing í see is that the olive/khaki strap is now available in a good quality for the money compared to other after market alternatives. Thats it - you have to be satisfied with JFs build quality for what it is - otherwise this new color way won't impress you.

Let's see how they perform the other colors... lol :D

Reactions: legend

mujidominic

Renowned Member
28/8/15
Ive always wanted this watch but I guess I'll wait a bit for v2.

For a start, datewheel colour is black while the gen is likely olive / green.

Bezel numbers and markers look too bold as well.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
as a newbie to AP reps what are the flaws........ interested in my first diver.

I don't know if you're serious or if it's a sarcasm but legend commended me to buy the Diver FC from XF. You just need to like FC case with yellow.
If you don't like FC or yellow, the best choice is to go with 15703 (closed caseback) from JF with the 9.5 version, i know noob released a new version of the 15703 but can't say if it's better.
Cheers

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
I like this one. Way less boring that the black diver imho.
I wait to see if JF do also the other "funky" color. The light blue could be great too as summer watch

Reactions: klockjohan

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Curious about this as well. Omega and 116710/126710 expert but new to AP!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: N0tail_

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
The olive drab (OD green) color is a usually used by military land forces not naval forces. So IMHO this green divers watch just doesn't look right, its just a styling fad.

Reactions: SuperLory

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The olive drab (OD green) color is a usually used by military land forces not naval forces. So IMHO this green divers watch just doesn't look right, its just a styling fad.

I agree, and will go another step further to state that even the stainless steel diver is a fashion watch more than an actual dive watch. You are more likely too see it on the wrists of guys, 100% dry, wearing T shirts and doing their groceries around town, than men in wetsuits carrying oxygen tanks. IMHO it is foolish to wear a genuine AP diver for diving, despite its moniker. Same goes for the Rolex Submariners, Seadwellers, Panerai Submersibles, and the list goes on. I will rather wear a Suunto or Casio or Seiko and to hell with coral and rock encounters.

Reactions: Allure and C Master

N0tail_

1/6/17
I just saw this last night and was contemplating whether it deserved its own thread. Glad someone did! This is my favourite shade of green so it's been added to my AP wishlist.
legend what makes you recommend the XF FC V3 diver?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I just saw this last night and was contemplating whether it deserved its own thread. Glad someone did! This is my favourite shade of green so it's been added to my AP wishlist.
legend what makes you recommend the XF FC V3 diver?

I recommended the XF FC diver (v2 or v3) because:

- The FC finishing is close to a gen. It can pass off as a gen variant
- The dial and hands are reasonably well done.
- Dive bezel isn't perfect, and in fact visually close to the other rep FC variants, but passable visually at normal eye-wrist distances. The dive bezel lumes are done a lot more accurately vs the gen FC divers, than the 15703 stainless steel variants.
- Datewheel has been the best among the rep variants so far
- My personal favorite reason: Because it uses the A2836 movement (instant date change like the gen) instead of the A2824 movement.

The cyclop still has to be swapped out, and the crystal for some batches were greenish and needed replacements too. Either V2 or V3 will do. I understand that there were some concerns over the "flexible end links" present in the V3 which were supposedly not present in the gen, but having seen a few gen FC divers, I will say that the gen end links aren't entirely rigid like the V2, but neither were they as movable as the V3 ones. So get whichever you prefer. As the FC material wears around the end links, gaps will form and they may not be even at all for all 4 plots. The FC diver therefore has a rather organic appearance, in terms of case finish, and in terms of even case shapes and ageing.

N0tail_

1/6/17
I recommended the XF FC diver (v2 or v3) because:

- The FC finishing is close to a gen. It can pass off as a gen variant
- The dial and hands are reasonably well done.
- Dive bezel isn't perfect, and in fact visually close to the other rep FC variants, but passable visually at normal eye-wrist distances. The dive bezel lumes are done a lot more accurately vs the gen FC divers, than the 15703 stainless steel variants.
- Datewheel has been the best among the rep variants so far
- My personal favorite reason: Because it uses the A2836 movement (instant date change like the gen) instead of the A2824 movement.

The cyclop still has to be swapped out, and the crystal for some batches were greenish and needed replacements too. Either V2 or V3 will do. I understand that there were some concerns over the "flexible end links" present in the V3 which were supposedly not present in the gen, but having seen a few gen FC divers, I will say that the gen end links aren't entirely rigid like the V2, but neither were they as movable as the V3 ones. So get whichever you prefer. As the FC material wears around the end links, gaps will form and they may not be even at all for all 4 plots. The FC diver therefore has a rather organic appearance, in terms of case finish, and in terms of even case shapes and ageing.

Learning every day from you, thanks for the info Legend!

Maybe I should pick one up soon since they're on sale at the moment hmmm

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
only positive thing í see is that the olive/khaki strap is now available in a good quality for the money compared to other after market alternatives. Thats it

This !! Digging that strap man