• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is it necessary to do the FC brushing mod on the XF please ?

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Hi tribe,

i have a xf v2 that is it seeing the light so much, before sending her on m2m , I will give her another chance

i was thinking to do a full relume and fc case brushing to have to marbling pops up.

What is the consensus here please re. Fc case brushing.

Would you mind pointing me to a quality modder for this fc case work based in Europe please ?

also lume who is a good one with acceptable turnaround please Europe based.

I have used Shaidx in the past in USA to mod a noob fc case, also Domi for relume.

but the 3m wait is a deal breaker for Domi and I won’t send my watch to USA.

many thanks for your time to read me and for your inputs

cheers

fire

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Hi. Might be worth messaging Johnny depp (Italy) re: case polish

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
fire007 gen lume is not strong. forget relume. buy jf v7-v9 colorless crystal in m2m + mikey's cyclops

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi tribe,

i have a xf v2 that is it seeing the light so much, before sending her on m2m , I will give her another chance

i was thinking to do a full relume and fc case brushing to have to marbling pops up.

What is the consensus here please re. Fc case brushing.

Would you mind pointing me to a quality modder for this fc case work based in Europe please ?

also lume who is a good one with acceptable turnaround please Europe based.

I have used Shaidx in the past in USA to mod a noob fc case, also Domi for relume.

but the 3m wait is a deal breaker for Domi and I won’t send my watch to USA.

many thanks for your time to read me and for your inputs

cheers

fire

Hello fire

1. No you should not brush FC, the process is not compatible with the desired finish of the case marbling

2. Do not polish the case too. Gen AP FC case, starts off being very matte when new, but with pronounced marbling. It does become naturally glossy over a long period of time as it inevitably absorbs the natural oils and secretions from the wrist. I think that the XF case is good enough personally, but like I mentioned many times, the owner decides what is acceptable or not for his watch.

Reactions: JLFast

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
quadruple post

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Hello fire

1. No you should not brush FC, the process is not compatible with the desired finish of the case marbling

2. Do not polish the case too. Gen AP FC case, starts off being very matte when new, but with pronounced marbling. It does become naturally glossy over a long period of time as it inevitably absorbs the natural oils and secretions from the wrist. I think that the XF case is good enough personally, but like I mentioned many times, the owner decides what is acceptable or not for his watch.

What the legend said