• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

d1nomite

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/6/20
I'd recommend getting;

ZF 15500 - Black dial
XF 15202 v2 - Blue Dial (Just be careful on QC for lume)

Then figure out if AP is for you or not, if it isn't sell those and get the Patek.

Trying is the only way... it's why I first discovered reps in the first place. I am a gen enthusiast typically... but I found myself buying/selling watches so often, that I was losing money. Better to do it with reps and then find out what you truly love.

Nice thought on buying-selling and enjoying the watches!
Since I truly love the looks of the 15202 and will be buying a XF V2: can you specify why I should be careful with the lume on QC pics and what I should look after? Would be awesome! :)

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Nice thought on buying-selling and enjoying the watches!
Since I truly love the looks of the 15202 and will be buying a XF V2: can you specify why I should be careful with the lume on QC pics and what I should look after? Would be awesome! :)

It's just the colour of the lume really, some are bright yellow. Others less so, try to get one that the hour hands and markers match and are less yellow if you can.

Reactions: d1nomite

NaViSlick

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/5/20
Speaking of lume, I was wondering whether or not AP has their own proprietary lume mix? I mean superluminova is already pretty stellar and does the job exceptionally well, but I guess with AP being such a high-end brand, it's not out of the realm for them to do something of that sort. Would probably explain all the lume issues right? Probably a super dumb question but I've gone through 150 (at the moment) pages of this thread and the amount of complaining regarding lume is immense lmao. Really makes me appreciate some of my gen pieces, but I do wonder how important it really is. For me, my lume is charged up quite often (I don't even live an outdoors lifestyle, I just happen to sit by windows quite a lot), so in real life use, is it really all that much of a call? More of a philosophical question since I'm more than ready to accept the flaws of this watch personally.

Last edited:

Glock3ns

10/2/20
New york
If you're after lume, this watch isn't it. I've worned this for over a month and it rarely ever gets charged to be bright in the dark. I have two other watches that glow like a torch after a few seconds in sunlight

benfredwright

Horology Curious
23/11/16
Just got my 15202 back from the illustrious legend, with the following mods:
  • Relumed dial & hands
  • Hand mod
  • Silenced rotor
  • Bracelet beveling / polishing
I am new to modding reps so my recommendation might not mean much, but legend has been great to work with and made the whole process was totally painless. Very happy with the results:

ZK5TQ3.jpg

Bonus video: https://streamable.com/f94vnh

Last edited:

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Looks great, any chance of a lume shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benfredwright

Horology Curious
23/11/16
Lol... this is a more representative shot:

ZKidaJ.jpg

Overall the lume is not too strong and does not last long after charging it. Would advise a different model if you want tons of lume. But it’s not something I care about so much.

Last edited:

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
Just got my 15202 back from the illustrious legend, with the following mods:
  • Relumed dial & hands
  • Hand mod
  • Silenced rotor
  • Bracelet beveling / polishing
I am new to modding reps so my recommendation might not mean much, but legend has been great to work with and made the whole process was totally painless. Very happy with the results:

ZK5TQ3.jpg

Bonus video: https://streamable.com/f94vnh

How noisy was it prior to the rotor silencing?

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Are you sure he relumed dial too, looks to me like the hands only, could be wrong ofc

lmvegas

Horology Curious
6/10/20
Yes please do tell how loud was the rotor. I have an order I placed for v2 so I’m wondering if I should also send it to Legend

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Yes please do tell how loud was the rotor. I have an order I placed for v2 so I’m wondering if I should also send it to Legend

I answered this question on the previous page.

I quote myself here again. This is a forum. You are expected to read. It's not just a Q&A board, go back one page and you have your answers. Stop relying on others to spoon feed you everything. You didn't even read one post above you...

Last edited:

lmvegas

Horology Curious
6/10/20
Lol the worst part is that I did read that comment few pages ago. Been lurking around the 15202 XF threads for a while now. Thanks for not spoon feeding me!

benfredwright

Horology Curious
23/11/16
Are you sure he relumed dial too, looks to me like the hands only, could be wrong ofc

I have to say the hands vs dial lume does appear to be a slightly different shade under magnification:

ZK1hXi.jpg

Regarding the rotor, it wasn’t bad but definitely noticeable when moving my hand around.

Unfortunately I don't have any good before pics of the lume to demonstrate the improvement. All I can say is the lume looks consistent to the naked eye and I don't have any expectations of miracles. Can't even imagine the dexterity it requires, lol

Last edited:

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I have to say the hands vs dial lume does appear to be a slightly different shade under magnification:

Regarding the rotor, it wasn’t bad but definitely noticeable when moving my hand around.

Unfortunately I don't have any good before pics of the lume to demonstrate the improvement. All I can say is the lume looks consistent to the naked eye and I don't have any expectations of miracles. Can't even imagine the dexterity it requires, lol

Here's a macro of my stock XF v2 for your comparison.

benfredwright

Horology Curious
23/11/16
Here's a macro of my stock XF v2 for your comparison.

macro-xf.jpg

My stock lume came much more green, yours is whiter and more even. In retrospect I should’ve rejected my original QC, but at the time I wasn’t familiar with the issue.

This QC image gives an idea for how pronounced the coloring of the lume was - at the time I thought it was just the greenish lighting in the room:

ZK1ruW.jpg

Last edited: