• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
for the Gap issue? Can it be fixed by a modder? And the mismatched Lume aswell?

legend

Just FYI, personally this gap thing is really overblown. I don't notice it on my wrist, perhaps if you have smaller wrists it is more noticeable. I have 8" wrists and personally think the gap is a non issue. It's slightly bigger than gen, but not by much really. There are bigger tells on the watch and this isn't one that I particularly think shouts out.

If you're on the fence about it... buy it, if you don't like it in real life you can always sell on here on M2M. But really, I think it's a lot of talk for a very minor flaw.

Here's a picture of mine. For reference I have 8 inch wrists... so maybe that makes a difference, I really don't know. But honestly, I think it's blown out of proportion. It is a fantastic rep and has been on my wrist for months...

Glock3ns

10/2/20
New york
Just FYI, personally this gap thing is really overblown. I don't notice it on my wrist, perhaps if you have smaller wrists it is more noticeable. I have 8" wrists and personally think the gap is a non issue. It's slightly bigger than gen, but not by much really. There are bigger tells on the watch and this isn't one that I particularly think shouts out.

If you're on the fence about it... buy it, if you don't like it in real life you can always sell on here on M2M. But really, I think it's a lot of talk for a very minor flaw.

Here's a picture of mine. For reference I have 8 inch wrists... so maybe that makes a difference, I really don't know. But honestly, I think it's blown out of proportion. It is a fantastic rep and has been on my wrist for months...

It definitely is overblown. I have a 7" wrist. Don't see the gaps like people said. I guess it also depends how your wrist is shsped

Reactions: Sonofalich

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

To sum up your entire point J, life is just different when you have an 8” wrist. :hehehe:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
To sum up your entire point J, life is just different when you have an 8” wrist. :hehehe:

I assume so, that's what you get for developing huge forearms. All positives, including having to find extra links with every watch purchase and having tailor made shirts/suits... (fun times). haha :p - Personally wish my wrists were around 7" - 7.5" but can't change genetics!

I had 2 PM's asking how it looked on my wrist, so rather than reply (I'm lazy) plus it demonstrates to others too.
(plus once again, I think you can see how minimal the end link gap is in real life, in my opinion)

ap.png

I worried when I ordered this watch that it would be too small. Again, this is purely personal. You may think it is too small, but I think it is perfect. It truly is the most perfect (to me) watch I have ever worn. I'm a serial watch flipper, it's the reason I came to reps in the first place, I buy gens and then flip them within 2 months. I didn't flip for profit - just I'm like a magpie attracted to the next shiny thing...

Most of the time my purchases gained me profit or broke even, but I as a whole lost money. This pushed me to reps because I had to find watches I truly loved. That I didn't want to flip instantly or covet the next shiny thing. Plus that and I work in finance, losing money to me is non-negotiable! (small losses in reps, is inconsequential in my view - part of the hobby, fun, but losing thousands on gens compared to £50 on a rep... yeah)

Anyway TLDR:

This XF v2 15202 has been on my wrist nearly every single day since I bought it. My other watches, including some very special gen watches have not been touched. This is "THE" watch for me. Your mileage may vary. But to anyone on the fence, I strongly recommend you try it in real life before judging over pictures.

Either way, enjoy.

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
for the Gap issue? Can it be fixed by a modder? And the mismatched Lume aswell?

legend

The mismatched lume is a legit issue for many pieces, but the gap between the bracelet and case is NOT an issue.
You need to understand gaps exist in the gen to varying degrees as well and when worn it does matter as to how wide or big your wrist is. There is nothing to fix if you have seen the gen, and I strongly recommend you move on to another model if this is an issue for you.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
legend what do you think about this dial? I ask one with white lume like hands (not green)

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
legend what do you think about this dial? I ask one with white lume like hands (not green)

Although unrelated, I'd like to know the difference between the center hole of the ZF 15202 dial and the center hole of the XF 15202 dial (pictured above). This information may help in determining solutions to correct the ZF issue of having a larger hand base.

Glock3ns

10/2/20
New york
Anyway TLDR:

This XF v2 15202 has been on my wrist nearly every single day since I bought it. My other watches, including some very special gen watches have not been touched. This is "THE" watch for me. Your mileage may vary. But to anyone on the fence, I strongly recommend you try it in real life before judging over pictures.

Either way, enjoy.

I feel the same exact way; I've worn this just about everyday since I took delivery. My only gripe is I wish it was more waterproof, I actually switch to a dive watch if I know I may get wet.

I can't believe how well the 15202 goes with just about every occasion and outfit, I was afraid of having a blue dial watch as well

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I feel the same exact way; I've worn this just about everyday since I took delivery. My only gripe is I wish it was more waterproof, I actually switch to a dive watch if I know I may get wet.

I can't believe how well the 15202 goes with just about every occasion and outfit, I was afraid of having a blue dial watch as well

Yeah the water proofing is an issue, and it's strange that it doesn't screw down. But oh well. I think the blue dial is almost grey tones and that helps in blend in with everything. I'm very pleased that you're enjoying it too :)

Are half links available for this bracelet?

I asked my TD and they said no, you can get them from AP themselves but you're looking at close to £200 per link and I think half links carry a premium, I think they were almost £300 which is frankly absurd. haha

Glock3ns

10/2/20
New york
Yea Idk if I'm paying that for a link. I just won't wipe down the caseback as often, a little sweat seems to help it stay in place better lol

Yeah the water proofing is an issue, and it's strange that it doesn't screw down. But oh well. I think the blue dial is almost grey tones and that helps in blend in with everything. I'm very pleased that you're enjoying it too :)

I asked my TD and they said no, you can get them from AP themselves but you're looking at close to £200 per link and I think half links carry a premium, I think they were almost £300 which is frankly absurd. haha

reptime101

15/9/18
i see a lot XF 15202 v2s selling and am curious why? looks like a great watch why are people catching and releasing?