• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Now TD all sell V2 unless you can find V1 from M2M. But the gen also has this gap so I don't know whats the issue with it. Instead I find the mismatched green and white lume even worse off than the "gap". It's a pain to look at and easy to get called out at a glance.

Go zf then, white lume, no "gap" but you get a sweet turntable as handpinion

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
UPCOMING XF15202IP
Not really sure if this one is the v2 that we are waiting for with polished bezel and links or not. Maybe someone who knows chinese can chime in
(WECHAT IMAGE)
06c08c2e17f640d93e6007c30bb68049.jpg
b43daeadab6efd482b8b56970a36c943.jpg

Gửi từ SM-G960F của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

The bezel looks ("accurate") than the 1st (wrong) IP version.

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
I agree with you on the gap and lume issue. You’re absolutely correct.

With regard to getting called out, I think that the only way to truly prevent that 100% of the time is to buy and wear the gen. Otherwise, where getting called out goes for rep watches, it’s mostly a matter of probability. It is afterall a rep and ultimately someone somewhere will recognize it as one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very true. Buy the gen, wear the gen. After everyone in your circle knows its gen, sell it off, keep the money and buy a rep. Automatically your rep becomes "gen" lol.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Ya, the frisbee hour hand. So again its back to "select your rep with the flaw you can accept".

Agreed, i though in 2020 factory would be able to stop to commit such atrocious flaw (i can accept plenty of flaws, but theses lume mismatch or hugh pinion is absurd).

They have Gen in hands, build the rep, and then when they compare the final product against the gen how comes the boss can say "ok we got it right" LOL

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Agreed, i though in 2020 factory would be able to stop to commit such atrocious flaw (i can accept plenty of flaws, but theses lume mismatch or hugh pinion is absurd).

Who's Hugh Pinion??? I'm confused

:D

Reactions: QueTip

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15

They have Gen in hands, build the rep, and then when they compare the final product against the gen how comes the boss can say "ok we got it right" LOL

It’s deliberate. The V1 V2 V3 ...V10 strategy. So that rep collectors will continue to buy thinking that the next version will be “better” with corrected flaws. If they do it spot on 1:1, means earning your money once for that model and that’s it. So it’s a vicious cycle :)

Reactions: Kmmas

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
It’s deliberate. The V1 V2 V3 ...V10 strategy. So that rep collectors will continue to buy thinking that the next version will be “better” with corrected flaws. If they do it spot on 1:1, means earning your money once for that model and that’s it. So it’s a vicious cycle :)

But but a TD said they don't do that, they want to build perfect rep.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Hahaha yes. For years...

At least, ZF did some good job with some releases, Tudor's is a good exemple, they also shown some reactivity for the BB58, the v1 didn't stayed longtime and fastly replaced with the v2 (lume mismatch and crown tube issue), the 15400 and 15500 aren't bad as well, JLC monophase too, sad they missed this 15202.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17

it is fairly easy to look at ZF's business moves in the past and to quickly come to the conclusion that the game went far beyond making money with the perfection seeking customer from version to version. JF and Noob played this game 5 years ago until exhaustion. People then realized that even between batches and not versions are steps forward and backwards which was the result of different suppliers during the assembly not entirely a business model.

getting back to ZF - one has to give them credit for hitting home runs in the first round in the majority of releases and made further versions less necessary. They focussed on a broad variety of models of various brands and did not depend on at least 6 iterations of a flawed rep.

Just look at the consistency that ZF is releasing good watches for almost every taste in this game. Of course still not comparable to gens but totally worth their money for what they are.
Even though there are different Vxx released by ZF you see that it is not simply this foolish version over version game like 5-3 years ago like i mentioned. Not to talk about the come up of ZF in the last 3 years that is the result of a different approach - and most presumably the result of a different reception of social media and its influence of course.

I can't completely disagree with your comment but sometimes over simplifying things won't make anything more enjoyable nor would things become better to understand in their depth - as far as the we outsiders can look into it.

have a great saturday.

Reactions: kk169 and SHB

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks bro, I didn't expected this fair percentages,

This leave 2% for a few flaws

:hehehe:

SHB you need to stop quoting my laughing hyenas when you use hyenas of your own... it will otherwise look like a zoo.
:hehehe:

P.S. Oops I think I just did the same :hehehe:

Reactions: Allure and SHB