• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have just received qc pics for my v2 from puretime. Once again, the lume seems to be too greenish. I’m frustrated because of the inconsistency between different watches on this post. Some have got the whiter lume and others like myself have got the green lume. My question is whether to accept or reject for better lume watch? (My worry is the next one will have same issue). Has anyone rejected one previously and received a better lume watch as a result? If all watches coming from XF had the green lume I can understand and will have to accept however, it is unfair for those who have the green lume to have to pay a moder $100+ to get this fixed. Some on this post are saying the lume is not noticeable unless you look at macro pics but others are stating it is quite noticeable in all lights. I completely understand that this is a replica and will never be like the real deal but some sort of consistency would have been much appreciated. Any suggestions are very welcome.

thanks

My advice is ask your TD if you can switch to the new ZF. It's coming out in a week or so I would imagine... Puretime already have it on their site, but no pricing yet. Ask to switch. Also before you ask... look on the forum, their is an entire thread dedicated to the ZF from today so, just look at the AP sub forum.

muful9

Horology Curious
4/9/20
Thank you Sonofalich for the reply, much appreciated. It’s funny that I have been waiting since January for the ZF release after the news came out. I pulled the trigger last week on the v2 as I couldn’t wait any longer for ZF and I wanted to treat myself for birthday. I will ask puretime if they have any hands on pics for the new ZF and request to change watch. They have let me change a watch previously so hopefully won’t be a problem.

Reactions: StanleyKipski

n0wj

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/20
My TD shipped me two watches, seemingly from two different batches. Left is the one with "whiter" shade and right is the one that is more "yellowish". May not translate so well in the pics taken by a phone, but in person it is obvious once you notice it.

WX5B5CDh.jpg

n0wj

10/6/20
Took some (I think) better pics today, hopefully clearer. And if you can't view the images, you may need to turn off your VPN. The watches have not swapped positions in all of the pics.

hLCdDFDh.jpg

sdFk4suh.jpg

aGF47Rch.jpg

Anadrol5

14/10/18
Took some (I think) better pics today, hopefully clearer. And if you can't view the images, you may need to turn off your VPN. The watches have not swapped positions in all of the pics.

hLCdDFDh.jpg

sdFk4suh.jpg

aGF47Rch.jpg

I think alot of us can't see any pic. Edit: Hang on, the pics appeared on your post (and mine) after I quoted you. Strange.

Last edited:

T'Challa

22/7/19
You can find the pics by quoting n0wj and hitting preview.
The markers on the left piece look nice and white! Which TD is that from and why did you order two/accept the yellowish one?

n0wj

10/6/20
You can find the pics by quoting n0wj and hitting preview.
The markers on the left piece look nice and white! Which TD is that from and why did you order two/accept the yellowish one?

I have no idea why some of the pics are appearing and why some are not. In fact, this is also happening to me. I uploaded the images to imgur and it has never been an issue. I ordered from PureTime; two watches -- one for me and one for a friend. I did not accept either watch yet; they were shipped out to me before QC was completed (I didn't even receive QC pics of one watch, was sent to me the day I received the watches), which is why I am quite annoyed.

n0wj

10/6/20
Ok, let me try this again... any chance you can view the images now?

aGF47Rch.jpg

sdFk4suh.jpg

hLCdDFDh.jpg

n0wj

10/6/20
I don't have a clickpix account and oddly my other pics on Imgur on other forums are working fine. Can anyone help me upload and post? Just for sharing only anyway.

T'Challa

22/7/19
Does it work for everyone now?

I find the last photo really nice somehow even though the middle photo has a nice shade of blue on the left piece.
Lovely shot of the contrast between the steel and navy blueish dial!

Any dislikes about the pieces you received since you didn't get to evaluate the QC?
Otherwise I guess you'll be keeping the piece on the left? ;)