• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

n0wj

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/20
I placed an order for two XF 15202 blue dials, but have not received any QC pics after a week. I asked if there was a delay and why, and was told that factory was upgrading a new batch of dials, and would only be available in a week. Anyone else in similar shoes?

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Puretime told me a week ago that the XF 15202 will be back in a month, so it sound reasonable. Never told me anything about an dial change but hopefully it will be better or the same.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
A quick comment on dials. Just got my v2 Salmon (that has gone a bit stale yellow:D) and Blue yesterday both of which had mis-matched lume. While the color difference is quite evident on macro QC pics, it is not visible at all in outside light and indoors at wrist (with hands stretched) level. The lume charges up very quickly and the markers are quite small. For folks who know of the issue and are mentally wired to look for this issue (like us on this forum), you will notice it but for the general 99% of the population, it will be a hard catch (given our eyes sees the dial for 1 to 2 secs) with normal wrist movements. Enjoy the watch and don't sweat over this lume issue. I hope it is fixed in future versions but not an issue for me. The bigger issue is the rotor, it spins freely with slight jerky movements and can be loud in quite environments. The pins on the bracelet links was also very tight and took me a watch hammer to remove. Overall, I like the build quality of the ZF 15500 better.

Tobel

6/7/17
I can't understand why some have the yellowish lume and others don't ..

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Within a given batch they're all the same guys, it just depends on the light, and whether the lume has been charged with light or not.
​​​​​​

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
I haven't found anyone to take a look at mine yet. I'd love if the rotor could be silenced a bit. It was fine the first week but it's gotten noisy. But I've washed it and had no issues

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
They probably changed dial supplier who put yellowish lume.
XF also showed a bullshit pic on their so called gen reference where the markets where a bit yellow. However not many members here (incl. me) believed it actually was a gen for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
A quick comment on dials. Just got my v2 Salmon (that has gone a bit stale yellow:D) and Blue yesterday both of which had mis-matched lume. While the color difference is quite evident on macro QC pics, it is not visible at all in outside light and indoors at wrist (with hands stretched) level. The lume charges up very quickly and the markers are quite small. For folks who know of the issue and are mentally wired to look for this issue (like us on this forum), you will notice it but for the general 99% of the population, it will be a hard catch (given our eyes sees the dial for 1 to 2 secs) with normal wrist movements. Enjoy the watch and don't sweat over this lume issue. I hope it is fixed in future versions but not an issue for me. The bigger issue is the rotor, it spins freely with slight jerky movements and can be loud in quite environments. The pins on the bracelet links was also very tight and took me a watch hammer to remove. Overall, I like the build quality of the ZF 15500 better.

Sorry to change topic, but how do you find the yellow dial? I really wanted it but not so sure based on pics I've seen. I don't think it's as bad as some make out, seems like a shade too light. I'd love to hear impressions of those that actually have it.

King Louis

24/6/20
bnUVn.jpg
bnai3.jpg
bn5kE.jpg

Got my V2 back from reluming. It now has white superluminova hands and markers. Will take some more pictures tomorrow and share my experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: roflwaffles

srhoque

28/11/18
Sorry to change topic, but how do you find the yellow dial? I really wanted it but not so sure based on pics I've seen. I don't think it's as bad as some make out, seems like a shade too light. I'd love to hear impressions of those that actually have it.

I like it because of the uniqueness of the color but I am not sure yet if this XF color goes well on SS. Love the blue dial but this one still needs to grow further on me. Will post pics later, bracelet is off for spa treatment now.

Last edited:

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Got my V2 back from reluming. It now has white superluminova hands and markers. Will take some more pictures tomorrow and share my experience.

Looks nice based on the pics. Please post some more. Are you pleased with the result? I have another relumer in US that will be doing a rep of mine. I have good faith in him but shipping from EU to US is not optimal...

Last edited:

srhoque

28/11/18
Looks nice based on the pics. Please post some more. Are you pleased with the result? I have another relumer in US that will be doing a rep of mine. I have good faith in him but shipping from EU to US is not optimal...

Who is doing your lume work in US?

Firecomet

13/5/18
Been wearing it for a week, the time works well.. unless you made a slight jerk you’re won’t be able to hear the rotor moving. ???? The lume shows differently via different lightings you encounter. Love the thinnest of the watch.

bee9f906fe3de425d18757175fcf845a.jpg

8ea4ef381ef928a6f3ec9e511f7dd932.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

King Louis

24/6/20

Here are some more pictures after the relume.
I am very satisfied with the color. Looks a lot better than before. However, I can’t really recommend the watchmaker who did it. Case has a ding, bottom has scratches, markers have residue on them and worst, my rotor had black dirt on it. Removed it myself. Which leads me to my next post.

King Louis

24/6/20

Datewheel gets stuck.
Has anyone else had the problem that the date change doesn’t work smoothly on some days? The wheel gets stuck on a couple of days. Any ideas besides a service? Thank you in advance.