• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
So just have received another QC picture... just sharing for info.
Think my AD did better this time round.
I don't have the mix of colours anymore.

Looks much better. What TD if I may ask?

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

Reactions: nasar73

johnwatch

Certified
14/12/13
I hate to be a turd in the punchbowl and i love Andrew but it looks like they just upped the contrast on the QC pix. which will bring out the white. Bottom line much better I will look forward to seeing your pix when it arrives....

Reactions: phdsjain

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
So is the lume color yellow? Do they make a yellow lume? Or are whomever doing the QCs use lights that activate the lume?

I have two different QC pics a week apart. First one white, second one yellowish. Did they change the lume color in that time or did they expose the lume to lights?

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
So is the lume color yellow? Do they make a yellow lume? Or are whomever doing the QCs use lights that activate the lume?

I have two different QC pics a week apart. First one white, second one yellowish. Did they change the lume color in that time or did they expose the lume to lights?

It's all very confusing, it seems that everyone posting a real-life on-hand photo of a 15202 v2 here and on reddit has white-ish lume but the majority of the QCs I see have yellow piss colored lume.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
As someone obsessed with Patek 5711's, I might be able to raise an interesting point on the unmatching lumes here. Because the lume is shallow on the markers, the base material on the marker makes the marker lume appears to be yellow-ish, though the lume material on the hands and markers are the same.

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
As someone obsessed with Patek 5711's, I might be able to raise an interesting point on the unmatching lumes here. Because the lume is shallow on the markers, the base material on the marker makes the marker lume appears to be yellow-ish, though the lume material on the hands and markers are the same.

Good point. I remember the same issue with the 5711 QC pics appearing yellowish and looked white in real life. Another member just did a review of the 15202 and stated the markers are indeed white in real life.

Reactions: vcappp

King Louis

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/6/20
Hi, After having read hundreds of posts in this thread, I went ahead and ordered a V2 today. As I am new to the game, this is quite exciting. I just signed up here. As soon as I get QC shots, I ll share them.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Hi, After having read hundreds of posts in this thread, I went ahead and ordered a V2 today. As I am new to the game, this is quite exciting. I just signed up here. As soon as I get QC shots, I ll share them.

Don't share as they are plenty of them around, unless you have very specific questions about certain aspect of the watch.

johnwatch

Certified
14/12/13

The lume color on Gen should be on the whiter side check the pix in this thread I posted a few from Chrono24.

My comment was it looks like the person sending out the QC pix Turned up the contrast on the photo (not light on lume just photo shop) to make the lume look whiter.

Also I'm shocked Andrew would send out this photo Showing Gen on left with that green lume. I also do NOT believe that is a gen.

Merlan8

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/12/19
I hate to be a turd in the punchbowl and i love Andrew but it looks like they just upped the contrast on the QC pix. which will bring out the white. Bottom line much better I will look forward to seeing your pix when it arrives....
don't want to, I don't want to be bad but the light is not white, point and stop! if you look at it with the light behind it and you are backlit yes, but if you look at it in the sun it is very full of light, unfortunately we are not there yet compared to a GEN ... even the writing, de well lit seems clear but in reality it's not like GEN!

davideguffanti

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/3/20
don't want to, I don't want to be bad but the light is not white, point and stop! if you look at it with the light behind it and you are backlit yes, but if you look at it in the sun it is very full of light, unfortunately we are not there yet compared to a GEN ... even the writing, de well lit seems clear but in reality it's not like GEN!

I found a video where is compared to a gen , but is mark 1 vs mark 3

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk