• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

rjk1

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/13
I’m literally just passing along what the factory told the TD who told me, along with the pic of the gen they had on hand. Ultimately it’s not that big a deal. Spend a hundred buck or however much a lume is if it bothers you, all this complaining over a really well made watch that’s still a fraction of what it imitates. Not that big a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amaiel

Supporter
Certified
27/4/16
After having seen this side by side picture I don‘t care so much for the marker lume as I am shocked by the difference in steel color and ask myself what steel alloy XF uses...
How can the real one almost shine like white gold and the rep steel be so dark in comparison?

I have the same question, try to find something without success. Why it is so white ? Which kind of alloy AP uses?

Reactions: bosaftw

johnwatch

Certified
14/12/13
Love these chats.

No one will debate that the rep is thousands cheaper than Gen. I just was in Looking at a gen yesterday. I can say for sure in person the lume is the same on Hands and Dial Markers.

My point is simply. Reps are going up and up and up in price. For this one we are talking over $500 by the time it's delivered and fee's closer to $550.

To then have to spend another $100 in lume (yes still cheaper) Then there is the Crystal might want to upgrade.

Oh there is the PIA factor of sending out. I currently have a 15400 on the way to doctor fun socks to be slimmed. Left USA June 3rd still not arrived. Covid Mail is slow!!

I'm just saying I would buy this watch if they fixed the lume. TD's have a habit of manipulating photos to make the watch look better. In this case it looks like they manipulated the gen photo to make the rep look right Ha. That's a switch.

Anyway again I'm just having fun here. Thanks for passing on the TD info. You are all correct. We are OCD, we all want $40,000 rep for $400 to be perfect.

That is the fun of this hobby. OMG what version are we up to in the Royal Oak Diver 9.5? This will never end. All in good fun.

While we are having fun. Here is a picture of the AP the salesman was wearing. Anyone know the model.

Reactions: vcappp

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
Accepted this V2 a couple weeks ago. Will be here soon. Lume looks white to me. Will report back once I have it in hand.

Screen-Shot-2020-06-22-at-11-07-48-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2020-06-22-at-11-07-56-PM.png

I put in my order last week and am waiting for QC - I'm only GLing it if it looks like yours. Fingers crossed. Most of the few pics floating around on r/reptime look like this too.

Last edited:

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Just cancelled my order at Intime (for the first time ever I think) because of this "change" of lume.

Whenever XF decide to go back to same lume as the hands on the markers, I will order again.

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

lolo1972sg

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore
Beautifully put together by Legend - a JF dial into my XF. Adds more blue and takes away the lume issues with some nice white markers to match the hands. Print also seems to be improved from previous batches.

V3ewtI.jpg

So only the dial is from JF or both dial and hands?