• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

Anadrol5

14/10/18
Another pic
sQIuR.jpg

Still looks like a V1 to me for all the reasons mentioned by Tobel and myself above.

If you are led to believe that this is a V2 dial by your TD, I would take it with a grain of salt. Think about it, TDs have to deal with hundreds of different models of watches at any given time. While, I'm sure some TDs make an effort to keep tabs on developments in the industry, they cannot be expected to know the intricate details of every watch they sell. I reckon they just relay to us what the factories tell them. And as those of us who are experienced in this game know factories are not always 100% honest about what they do. ie- sometimes they just want to dump old stock. eg- Noob and their ever-changing Daytona sub-dial thickness.

We as consumers on the other hand, pick and choose a handful of watches we find appealing and study every aspect of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

jcstudio

Horology Curious
17/3/12
The dial still has the incorrect yellow markers not white like gen.
When will they fix this simple but important mistake?

Forget everything else. You can see from an arms length that the color of the dial markers don’t match the color of the hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17

Forget everything else. You can see from an arms length that the color of the dial markers don’t match the color of the hands.

This is a flaw that can be fixed by sending it to a modder, so not that bad.

Last edited:

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom

I mean you're a bit over the top. Even if it is a tell, it's a very small one. Quite a number of watches have different lume colours on their hands to markers, to make it clearer what the time is at a glance. Unless you're quite the expert in APs you're never going to know that on this watch they're supposed to be identical.

It's annoying yes, but it's probably more of an annoyance to you (us, as rep enthusiasts) than it is a tell to anyone else...

I suppose, it's annoying if you want to post it on Instagram and pretend you have the gen... but otherwise I really don't see it being prohibitive.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Still looks like a V1 to me for all the reasons mentioned by Tobel and myself above.

If you are led to believe that this is a V2 dial by your TD, I would take it with a grain of salt. Think about it, TDs have to deal with hundreds of different models of watches at any given time. While, I'm sure some TDs make an effort to keep tabs on developments in the industry, they cannot be expected to know the intricate details of every watch they sell. I reckon they just relay to us what the factories tell them. And as those of us who are experienced in this game know factories are not always 100% honest about what they do. ie- sometimes they just want to dump old stock. eg- Noob and their ever-changing Daytona sub-dial thickness.

We as consumers on the other hand, pick and choose a handful of watches we find appealing and study every aspect of it.

Thank you.
I already own a 15202 V1 and asked the TD for the new dial, putting them next to me seemed slightly different

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I think so too. You can compare the "correct" white color in the AP-logo above the 6-marker. Then you see clearer that markers are slightly green (if that is of concern).

1e99866e9267cd0b1f59ff1c33b175f3.jpg

That's a normal move anyway, I remember when I've ordered my 15400 jf v4, TDs tried to feed me the refused v3 from previous customers.

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Anyone know where to source the XF hands? I want to get a few sets so modder can practice beveling the canon pinions. Thank you.

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
A very basic question regarding gen. Between the A and the P (marked red) in AP-logo I always thought it was white lume. On some pics it looks like that and on some it just looks like it's brushed steel. What is correct?

e16589d6002162c1a03c925470555cb2.jpg

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Thanks for your quick answers.

Just pulled the trigger on one at Intime!

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: freediver