• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

AGwatchlover

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
18/4/20
Need to relume it too
however I was thinking but AP have few dial "colour" only on the blue jumbo so between previous and new batch does it really matter and worth it ?

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
right @AGwatchlover,since "I" series (end of 2016) ans still today the mk3 are in ...these are more dynamic and changing colors according to light condition from green to grey
fxud.png

Last edited:

oneslugger10

Horology Curious
31/3/20
FR
I kind of like the new dial ! I think it gets closer to the sunburst of the gen's dial
Still waiting for my QCs... I hope I'll be able to share the pictures with you soon

N0tail_

1/6/17
The dial colour of the XF has never bothered me more than the dial pattern. XF needs to make the dial with smaller grooves. They've got the right idea with the sloping of each edge of the tappisserie dial, but the indentions are just too big and noticeable imo.

Gen on the left, XF on the right.

MKp5EXh.jpg

Even the ZF 15400 has noticeably smaller grooves in its tappisserie pattern which makes the dial look smoother and more fluid like gen. I've also noticed that the smaller grooves provide an improved sunburst effect.
Screen-Shot-2020-05-13-at-6-53-02-pm.png

Reactions: Pope

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
The dial colour of the XF has never bothered me more than the dial pattern. XF needs to make the dial with smaller grooves. They've got the right idea with the sloping of each edge of the tappisserie dial, but the indentions are just too big and noticeable imo.

Gen on the left, XF on the right.

MKp5EXh.jpg

Even the ZF 15400 has noticeably smaller grooves in its tappisserie pattern which makes the dial look smoother and more fluid like gen. I've also noticed that the smaller grooves provide an improved sunburst effect.
Screen-Shot-2020-05-13-at-6-53-02-pm.png

my guess is that the dial of the rep is not machined, it looks embossed.

Yakoj

3/12/19
Now XF 15202 come with that dial. Color is the same (changes a lot based on the light) just change little bit old wet look. Only this.

I have watch, I just order a new dial for compare it. I show you my qc approved ;-)

Where did u buy it?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
So excited for the upcoming XF 15202 V2 :)

Seems they have fixed the green dial marker lume problem and everything is now white lume.

Hope they also fixed the bezel screws sitting too far outside.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
So excited for the upcoming XF 15202 V2 :)

Seems they have fixed the green dial marker lume problem and everything is now white lume.

Hope they also fixed the bezel screws sitting too far outside.

We can't know because v1 with picture taken with flash looks white.

Li said 1/2 weeks ago xf haven't planned to fix that if i'm right

Reactions: bosaftw