• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

Mr.Swackhammer

On the hunt
Certified
5/1/17
The North, Europe
I've got just a bit over 7inch wrist. From pictures elsewhere, the bezel size is close to an Aquanaut, and so are the lugs.

The Aquanaut wears a bit too small for me. Length wise (12 to 6) the lugs don't cover the width of my wrist. In contrast, the 15400 wears just fine as does the Diver.

I picked the 15500 for this reason. The 15202 would wear to small for me.

Great to finally get an answer regarding this. I'm happy with the bezel and the size of the watch itself. I'm worried about the bracelet. Will it go around my wrist?
When the XF 15202 got released some people got less links then other buyers etc...

Thanks in advance.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Received my XF 15202 and want to share some insights. First the points that have been discussed more or less:

• The clasp element with the AP logo has room on the sides and the bracelet parts on left and right move showing gaps.

• Thank you kindly for your feedback.
    I will like to comment on your list of flaws and perhaps help you see things in a broader perspective:
  • The gaps of the screws set in the bezel, looking as if they were not cut precisely on zoom pictures form the front, are not visible in real. I was more concerned about it than necessary.
    Yes this is a valid issue and the good news is that each screw can be aligned and polished properly fairly easily.
  • Center of the hands is too fat but you don't notice if you don't know.
    Again, well spotted. It is a tell which you cannot unsee if you are looking for it, with it smack in the middle of the watch dial. The base can be trimmed and beveled and polished to resemble the gen one more visually, but no modder will be able to create the perfect bevel/finish on the hand stack. For something this small, it will look visually good enough once modded.
  • However you can notice screws are not sunken equally into the bezel. Even though I rejected several QC I was not able to secure a piece without that issue. Haven't tried but I think I can fix it by my own.
    A couple of things here: Contrary to popular perception, the modern ROO/RO faux screw heads are NOT perceptibly sunken. Most of the screw heads on my gens appear to be flushed with the bezel.I know you are saying that the screws are not evenly sunken, but if you are modding it, try to flush them with the bezel instead of sinking them. On this model, if you can visually see that the screws are sunken on the bezel, it looks wrong, period. I agree with you that evenness of the screw heights is a valid issue though.
  • Many watches have issues with the screw distance to the bezel. Not in a way that they are not centered (the do not have to be), but having very different distances. Look out for that.
  • The difference in lume is very visible, more than I expected.
    Yes, but the dial markers can be relumed to match the hands, which seem to have the more accurate lume color vs gen.
Additional remarks I haven't read in this thread:
Quality of screws on the bracelet is not acceptable at this price. So far, I was not able to remove 3 screws. I have already used heat, about 10 well fitting screw drivers and several oil baths including WD-40 and still no chance. Screws start to be damaged. If anyone had similar issues and solved them, I'd be glad to know.

1luzion

11/11/17
Just tighten it back again and to prevent future such occurrence, use purple loctite on it. No drama lol.

You are right. In any case, I’ve always took the habit to remove all pins and reinstall with loctite to prevent any bad surprises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: legend

SKXSKX

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/2/20
Hi guys I think I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Last edited by a moderator:

wkim8732

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
30/10/17
TW
^

That is not how it works buddy. Please read up on sales rule.

1luzion

11/11/17
Hi guys I think I am gonna sell this watch as I almost never wear it. Just inbox me and I am in Vietnam btw. Thanks.

Word of advice : follow the rules or you will get the boot faster than you can imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
I love this watch. Yes it has its flaws but I don‘t give a damn lol
I wear it ootb and if XF releases a better V2 version with white lume markers I will sell my current watch and go for the new one.
I received mine 2 weeks ago so it is the model with the new dial a little bit more matte under dark lightning conditions but under the sun it changes its color every second when moving the wrist. Depends on where you are looking at the watch and how the sun hits the dial. My wrist is almost 7“ and I have to say this 15202 wears so much more comfortable and lighter than the 15400 JF rep I owned before. It‘s not only that the watch is 39 instead of 41mm but also much thinner and also the bracelet is thinner and you notice it a lot on the wrist. The bracelet elements are not so big and heavy like with the 15400 and 15500 models.
I almost don‘t notice wearing a watch with this one. Perfect!

Reactions: SHB and raytron