• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

DoctorDark

Known Member
16/2/19
Los Angeles
Currently on its way back from a relume and screw work by the legend himself. Takes the watch to the next level:

VLfjeA.jpg

VLfqYg.jpg

Damn. Did Legend mod it to be thinner too? If he did thats a baller 15202 rep

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Who is "Legend".
So the pic shows no custom made XF ?

You must have lived under a rock the past month if you never heard of legend or saw a post of him in his natural habitats around AP‘s and other haute horlogerie dedicated topics ;)

he is a modder and most importantly a watch enthusiast with unbelievable experience and knowledge.

the above shown XF 15202 is a modded piece like mentioned.

Oh and he owns several gens of various brands.

...and did i mention that he is an honorable member who influenced this forum a lot? A true gentleman.

Flachköpper

Horology Curious
15/9/19
Hamburg area, GER
Thanks.
What do you have to charge for his efforts on the XF 15202 as shown in the picture?
Would be nice if some expert would compare on the basis of pics the "normal" XF with Legend's modded version.

I only look in here occasionally in the hope to learn something about a new ZF 15202.
I would have been spoilt for choice

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Thanks.
What do you have to charge for his efforts on the XF 15202 as shown in the picture?
Would be nice if some expert would compare on the basis of pics the "normal" XF with Legend's modded version.

I only look in here occasionally in the hope to learn something about a new ZF 15202.
I would have been spoilt for choice

sunken screws are the trademark of Royal Oak and lume is not that great OTB from XF
was improved by legend
Better to discuss price for his work in pm's

Reactions: Lariram

Dhelpiero

Known Member
12/8/19
The dial looks too blue ish. I prefer the greyish mild blue dial. I guess on V2? I might be wrong.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
You must have lived under a rock the past month if you never heard of legend or saw a post of him in his natural habitats around AP‘s and other haute horlogerie dedicated topics ;)

he is a modder and most importantly a watch enthusiast with unbelievable experience and knowledge.

the above shown XF 15202 is a modded piece like mentioned.

Oh and he owns several gens of various brands.

...and did i mention that he is an honorable member who influenced this forum a lot? A true gentleman.

He has defects too.

SKXSKX

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/2/20
Iad0p.jpg

Hi guys, I have just bought this watch and very carefully take care of it, but very soon it appears some black spots on the bracelets (looks like its oxidized as pic). Are they just normal scratches or oxidized ? .And could it be cleaned ?

Thanks,

Last edited:

DoctorDark

Known Member
16/2/19
Los Angeles
Are you sure they are stains? First try to clean them off because more often then not a lot of dark spots are a combination of dead skin and sweat sticking onto the bracelet.

Reactions: Lariram

SKXSKX

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/2/20
Are you sure they are stains? First try to clean them off because more often then not a lot of dark spots are a combination of dead skin and sweat sticking onto the bracelet.

Sorry for my english, It is not stain but some kind of scratches or oxidized spot, I tried to clean with solf towel but it did not work. I am a salty sweater and dont know if it affects the steel or it is just because of the lock friction. Anyone got the same problems and how can i clean it ? Thanks.

Last edited:

BIONONE

28/4/17
Sorry for my english, It is not stain but some kind of scratches or oxidized spot, I tried to clean with solf towel but it did not work. I am a salty sweater and dont know if it affects the steel or it is just because of the lock friction. Anyone got the same problems and how can i clean it ? Thanks.

It is inside the bracelet where the clasp touches the bracelet due to the overlapping.

While wearing the watch those parts move and friction comes into play - it is the same material with the same hardness rubbing against itself - which results in a kind of matte spots.

as the straight grained finish is known to be a scratch magnet it is nothing to worry about - especially as we are talking about the inside of your bracelet.

if you check Chrono24 you will quickly realize that it is a common sign of wear with gens and not a fault or issue at all.

Reactions: AndrewTE94

Javiol

Supporter
Certified
9/3/13
Spain
This 15202 from XF is only available in blue dial right now, isn’t it?
Is it expected to be released in black dial?

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
This 15202 from XF is only available in blue dial right now, isn’t it?
Is it expected to be released in black dial?

15202 is not made in black. Only blue or Salomon.

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
15202 is not made in black. Only blue or Salomon.

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

I counted five (5) different colors recently on the Audemars Piguet website:

1. Salmon, Audemars Piguet calls it pink-gold tone.
2. Gold on 15202BA.OO.1240 BA.02
3. Diamond pave.
4. Smoked blue.
5. Blue.

Who knows how many different colors the reps will have lol.

DoctorDark

Known Member
16/2/19
Los Angeles
It is inside the bracelet where the clasp touches the bracelet due to the overlapping.

While wearing the watch those parts move and friction comes into play - it is the same material with the same hardness rubbing against itself - which results in a kind of matte spots.

as the straight grained finish is known to be a scratch magnet it is nothing to worry about - especially as we are talking about the inside of your bracelet.

if you check Chrono24 you will quickly realize that it is a common sign of wear with gens and not a fault or issue at all.

Oh now that Bionone mentioned it. He is definitely correct. Its definitely from the clasp inside the bracelet touching the inside of the bracelet. Ive seen this in many of my gen watches with internal clasps like this.

Kitosarg

Known Member
13/7/18
Good news, looks like li is back to work, after the robbery and corona, hes back.

I had qc for a 15202 from him but got robbed, so was expecting new qc pics and finally recieved today. I noticed that the dial looks much more matte finish than the old qc pics i got. I dont dislike it, maybe its just the lighting, but maybe this is a new batch, i dont know which would be more gen like. Someone that has the watch can tell if indoors without much light the dial goes like this?

Also, on the new one, could you please help me see if the screws are too close to the edge? I think it was better before but do you think is too bad?

Thank you guys, happy to see that factories and tds are coming back.

e0f123ab98824eb04bd93101556e19c5.jpg

AndrewTE94

Horology Curious
30/12/19
Good news, looks like li is back to work, after the robbery and corona, hes back.

I had qc for a 15202 from him but got robbed, so was expecting new qc pics and finally recieved today. I noticed that the dial looks much more matte finish than the old qc pics i got. I dont dislike it, maybe its just the lighting, but maybe this is a new batch, i dont know which would be more gen like. Someone that has the watch can tell if indoors without much light the dial goes like this?

Also, on the new one, could you please help me see if the screws are too close to the edge? I think it was better before but do you think is too bad?

Thank you guys, happy to see that factories and tds are coming back.

e0f123ab98824eb04bd93101556e19c5.jpg

I got the old one