• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Now that’s what I was waiting for. Definitely gorgeous! Slap a set of gen screws on it or give the rep ones a little polish and you’re ready to go with this one!

Inviato dal mio iPhone 11 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

Nysha

Horology Curious
11/6/19
A video for this watch is available now on Trusty's and Puretime's website.

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
Damn, it’s thin and really well made. The video has taken away many doubts! Now I am undecided whether to buy this XF or the 15400 ZF! I think I’ll change order!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Damn, it’s thin and really well made. The video has taken away many doubts! Now I am undecided whether to buy this XF or the 15400 ZF! I think I’ll change order!

I'll confuse you even more, wait for the JF or Z+F AP 15500. The current offering from another factory is not so good.

raytron

Known Member
28/6/19
Oh Boy this looks fine. I don’t even wait anymore for the ZF but I will either way. Patients. I guess the XF is going to be hard to beat

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
I'll confuse you even more, wait for the JF or Z+F AP 15500. The current offering from another factory is not so good.

Damn, thank you bro ahahah! I think I can’t wait even more, I’ll go for this XF and maybe for a black 15500 in the future.

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
However, perfect or not, can we say that our reps are really more crafts instead of “industrial” gen watches? I think yes, IMHO :)

Watch34eu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/10/19
very impressive
but i tought the date changement was to complicated to buy in rep (prefer like the sky-dweller; the 5172 and this one buy it in GEN)

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy

I don't think dial pattern is that off from Gen imo

It’s even closer if you pick the right 15202 dial mark. The one you used to compare is a mark 1, the right gen is this one:
d016787ef643e06bcab3bebc1a77984c.jpg

Reactions: gilrob and guessit

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Looking at the pictures i think that the screw holes in the bezel are not so good.. and yes, the marker at 6 is a little crooked.. but I think that in real life it will be quite good! I’m not used to reject QC pictures so I have accepted it. In this kind of watches it’s easy to have some marker or the ap logo crooked..

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

The bezel screws are an easy fix, I did them on my diver

The markers - no problem for people with steady hands (not me :D)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Now that’s what I was waiting for. Definitely gorgeous! Slap a set of gen screws on it or give the rep ones a little polish and you’re ready to go with this one!

I personally wouldn’t bother with Gen white gold screws.

I have handled a few used 15202s over the years. The screws are dull from use. The bezel and bracelet might get a quick brush by the jewellers looking to sell the watch but the screws are often left with a dull finish. But yes a quick polish would help the screws pop.

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp and legend

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Looking at the pictures i think that the screw holes in the bezel are not so good.. and yes, the marker at 6 is a little crooked.. but I think that in real life it will be quite good! I’m not used to reject QC pictures so I have accepted it. In this kind of watches it’s easy to have some marker or the ap logo crooked..

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

The bezel screws are an easy fix, I did them on my diver

The markers - no problem for people with steady hands (not me :D)

Reactions: vcappp

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The bezel screw so bad.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Can you clarify more why you think the screws are bad? I am asking because I will be receiving 2 pieces of the XF15202 soon (belonging to other members) and will like to know if there is anything done to fix them. Consider this my pre-receipt homework. Thank you. :)

Jabbss

Horology Curious
5/1/19
Can you clarify more why you think the screws are bad? I am asking because I will be receiving 2 pieces of the XF15202 soon (belonging to other members) and will like to know if there is anything done to fix them. Consider this my pre-receipt homework. Thank you. :)
2VYSs.jpg

2VOP3.jpg

I think he meant the GAP around the screwed. Had notice it but didn’t brought it up since I have never seen a gen. May I ask what are you planning to mod with the 2 pieces? :)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I think he meant the GAP around the screwed. Had notice it but didn’t brought it up since I have never seen a gen. May I ask what are you planning to mod with the 2 pieces? :)

Thank you very much! I think that given what you highlighted, I will likely remachine the screw head/slot to align them in their individual slots.
As for the rest of the mods, I am not sure yet as this is a first time for me, but potentially:

1. Case thinning
2. Rotor silence
3. Realignment of crooked markers/logo if need be
4. Realignment/recess/polish of the bezel screw heads. (As mentioned, these are not screws per se, but actually bolts with decorative screw heads)