• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I watched it. Exciting. Also looking at that jf in real life (albeit a video) i wonder how can people can live with that consolation prize silver plate smacked in the middle of the dial

Reactions: BIONONE

RockerArm

Known Member
2/10/19
EU
For any rep watch, there are forum discussions about accuracy and details, usually with pictures zoomed up x times, and there is how it looks in the real world.
Imperfect as they are, for all of the reps, many of them are decent in real life where casual scrutiny of details go. Yes the tapisseries are not accurate, but in real life, most people will see "tapisseries" instead of "Wrong tapisseries". Different owners will have different expectations, and what they can live with and what they cannot.
I will continue to read and support your posts as long as the criticism is done fairly for what the watch is priced at.

Yes... I'm totally agree with you!

Personally I've not afraid to admit that I'm still paying the mortgage and I could not afford to buy the gen... buying the "rep" I can enjoy one object who cost 100 times more than what I've paid for!
So... maybe it is not perfect but this is the "other side of the coin"!

P.S. I got a message saying that my XF 15202 is on the road! :w00t:

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
can anybody actually see that video? doesn't work for me

Same for me, on phone or browser, it’s just a black video. But just from that screenshot it’s easy to see the center pinion is miles ahead on the XF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Seems like they are using 2 different bezels in the batch, one with the correct spacing of the screws and one with incorrect spacing (like in the video) not quiet sure why.

Now its working in 720p too

3:06 the upper right screw is almost falling out of the bezel :D that issue is not present on the pictures above.

Edit: Man that Gen took a beating lol

Edit2: Tapiseries looks fantastic in the video. Thats why i said wait for real life pictures/videos. Seems like they are using a the newest gen 2019 edition with different blue, JF was using an old one.

Edit3: Gen is 7.91 mm and Rep is 8.41 mm

Last edited:

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
So if someone buys it look at the bezel, some might be have the wrong one.

When the screws are almost falling out = wrong one
When the screws are fine = right one.

Edit: ZF should be coming in January/February :D iam so excited.

Last edited:

Pope

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/2/19
Conclusion from the video, everything on the XF is better. Dial colour, tapiserrie rounded off instead of square-ish. DW font.
JF is way behind.
True, the JF is standing out as the least accurate dial, although the video quality isn't great we can clearly see that the wrong shape of the squares results in a sunburst effect that's quite different from the gen. Color is also off.
The JF dial looked better on macro shots but it looks like in real life situation XF is superior. Apparently the shape of the squares is contributing more to way it looks at wrist distance than the number and depth of swirls.

Tigerdragon thanks for the Youtube upload.

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
What a stunning first attempt by XF! Thanks Tigerdragon for taking to time to upload the video.

Don’t really get the point of the date complication though (on gen or rep)... surely if it also has a quickset function it’s more convenient to use that no?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
What a stunning first attempt by XF! Thanks Tigerdragon for taking to time to upload the video.

Don’t really get the point of the date complication though (on gen or rep)... surely if it also has a quickset function it’s more convenient to use that no?

it reduces the thickness of the movement.

phil231991

Known Member
21/2/19
I think it looks way better than the JF I have .. printing and date is a major issue on the jf .. xf i thinner too .. will wait to see a review and will probably put jf on sale soon .

VqKyP0.jpg

Reactions: snorky1

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
True, the JF is standing out as the least accurate dial, although the video quality isn't great we can clearly see that the wrong shape of the squares results in a sunburst effect that's quite different from the gen. Color is also off.
The JF dial looked better on macro shots but it looks like in real life situation XF is superior. Apparently the shape of the squares is contributing more to way it looks at wrist distance than the number and depth of swirls.

Tigerdragon thanks for the Youtube upload.
JF used an old gen with different color tone. It seems like XF used a brand new gen from 2018/2019. That's why the color difference is so big.

Reactions: Pope

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Based on that video the XF version looks great. At wrist distance you have to put XF and gen side by side to notice anything.

Nobody but 0.1% of the people (die hard watch enthusiasts) will ever call you out.

TBH this is a pretty good of a first attempt!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited: