• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

Pope

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/2/19
I thought that was obvious because of the comparison that was already posted before, anyway apologies to anyone offended, I didn't mean to say the watch isn't good, just venting some frustration. Here's a comparison of my own:
hsvXP.jpg

Last edited:

Dmage

Known Member
4/7/19
Pope all i wanted was you to form a sentence where you back up your claims.

and like i said i am very much abled to see the differences but maybe not the inexperienced majority of readers on a public forum that is influenced by your statements.

if you didn‘t see the point in the first place i hope you do now.

oh and good luck waiting another 3-5 years for a factory to come up with a pantograph to engrave a rep dial.

lol.
Lol, even inexperienced readers (like me) should have good feeling about the credibility of an one sentence critic post, no?

It’s a pity if he’s actually knowledgeable, as all his posts after that are, for the most part, ignored. It’s a natural reader psychology when writer’s credibility is in question.

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Pope thanks, that's a lot better. I agree, upon close inspection the tapisserie is totally off, specially the spaces between the squares.
How much will you be able to notice this while on your wrist? Don't forget the price difference between this and a gen 15202 :)

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
If anything, what disturbs me the most is not the tapisserie but the shaky printing. Both this and JF’s weakest point is that.

Flachköpper

Horology Curious
15/9/19
Hamburg area, GER
I thought that was obvious because of the comparison that was already posted before, anyway apologies to anyone offended, I didn't mean to say the watch isn't good, just venting some frustration. Here's a comparison of my own:
hsvXP.jpg

If the picture on the left actually shows a gen, I wonder how the comparatively narrow hour markings (5 + 6) could have happened.

Reactions: Mikio17

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Yes this comparison is a lot better than just saying that the tapisseries are off.
Thank you for your efforts. I did not mean to say that you were wrong, but the way you put it across earlier was rather arbitrary and open to interpretation.

Reactions: Allure and vcappp

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
ok guys but choosing words is important: saying it's "way off" is not the correct choice. Or it'd be only in RWI weirdos (I'm one of ) context.

I agree the printing on the dial is the weakest point here, not the tapisserie. And the canon pinion. Yet, on paper, this XF is WAY BETTER than JF...

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
It is a gen and yes Pope is right even JF has a "closer" tapiseries but terrible printing.

For any rep watch, there are forum discussions about accuracy and details, usually with pictures zoomed up x times, and there is how it looks in the real world.
Imperfect as they are, for all of the reps, many of them are decent in real life where casual scrutiny of details go. Yes the tapisseries are not accurate, but in real life, most people will see "tapisseries" instead of "Wrong tapisseries". Different owners will have different expectations, and what they can live with and what they cannot.
I will continue to read and support your posts as long as the criticism is done fairly for what the watch is priced at.

Ifcowscouldfly

Supporter
Certified
25/3/17
Australia
I'm afraid we all knew this rep was too good to be true.

It's an instant call out to any wandering AP expert carrying a 50x loupe, electronic calipers, portable lighting equipment and a portable mass spectrometer.

I don't know about you guys, but these guys seem pretty common, so it's a big risk to take.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I'm afraid we all knew this rep was too good to be true.

It's an instant call out to any wandering AP expert carrying a 50x loupe, electronic calipers, portable lighting equipment and a portable mass spectrometer.

I don't know about you guys, but these guys seem pretty common, so it's a big risk to take.

yes, the number of swirls on each tapisserie really is an instant tell on the wrist in a shopping mall 20m away. Bummer.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
tosoboso they are salty that the chinese don‘t take the time and effort to engrave their dials on a pantographe like AP does... oh and they like 7 lines per square rather than 5...

i have some very convincing pictures of the XF 15202 under real light - have to ask my non-TD if i am allowed to post them...

To be honest they will change the minds of the insecure haha

Last edited:

Pope

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/2/19
With all due respect, how’s this new offering swirl pattern that bad and an instant tell in comparison to the gen? Mind you, the photo below has a 10x magnification:

98779800-988-B-4-E5-D-B90-F-930-E51-B44466.jpg
Nice GEN. And yes to be fair it's not likely to be an instant tell from any normal distance.
I think it must affect the way light reflects on the tapisserie though, for those who can play youku videos, is that visible?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Nice GEN. And yes to be fair it's not likely to be an instant tell from any normal distance.
I think it must affect the way light reflects on the tapisserie though, for those who can play youku videos, is that visible?

I think you missed the sardonic humor tosoboso is known for lol. That guy has forgotten more about AP than most of us can learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure