• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

Flachköpper

Horology Curious
15/9/19
Hamburg area, GER
1. I'm curious whether some imo necessary adaptations (eg. screws) to the gen are to be expected in the short term
2. I would also like to know if i can jump safely into the pool with this 15202

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Kobe probably has prototype we need to wait QC pics to know for sure if screws are fixed or not

Yes, QC pics are needed. But so far, pictures from Li, Kobe and Kuvarsit show the screws too close to the edge. Puretime's pictures looks okay. We'll find out as soon as someone post some QC pictures.

Reactions: vcappp and XLR8R

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Yes, QC pics are needed. But so far, pictures from Li, Kobe and Kuvarsit show the screws too close to the edge. Puretime's pictures looks okay. We'll find out as soon as someone post some QC pictures.

Even if the screws are perfectly placed, it won’t make it gen or even remotely in the same league. It’s a decent rep, no need to obsess over any one single detail. The rest of the watch is flawed in many ways but it’s unnecessary to pick them all out knowing it’s a sub $500 rep. It’s overall a nice replica and a nice watch to enjoy I believe. If the flaws are to be listed there’s a lot more than just the screw positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
1. I'm curious whether some imo necessary adaptations (eg. screws) to the gen are to be expected in the short term

Well you won‘t find out how deep the water actually is unless you jump in and test it by yourself to feel the truth ;)

Reactions: Lariram

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Get it lubed up and water resistance tested before you swim with it man. Applies to all watches, rep or gen.

Pope

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/2/19
I think his opinions are based on majwilliams0308 pictorial analysis (Post #43 this thread).
That's right. To me the most attractive thing about Audemars Piguet watches is the tapisserie and as was shown by majwilliams0308 XF failed at it.

Reminder:
VjALFQ.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

BIONONE

28/4/17
Pope - In the first place it would help to actually use real life pictures vs real life pictures and not a heavily edited website picture from AP.

And again i only can ask you to elaborate how they failed to replicate the tapisserie pattern so you can say it is „way off“.
You still haven’t provided any argumentation - just a comparison of pictures that we are all abled to process - but what makes this dial so way off?

(don‘t get me wrong - i know that it is not gen like and i know the differences very well - just explain to the community your statement ;) )

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I tried to find a high res macro ‘real life’ shot of the 15202 so I could show the tapisserie differences, unfortunately I couldn’t find one in the first 100 or so images on my google search so I went with the heavily edited photo because they were high res.

Reactions: vcappp

Pope

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/2/19
Pope - In the first place it would help to actually use real life pictures vs real life pictures and not a heavily edited website picture from AP.

And again i only can ask you to elaborate how they failed to replicate the tapisserie pattern so you can say it is „way off“.
You still haven’t provided any argumentation - just a comparison of pictures that we are all abled to process - but what makes this dial so way off?

(don‘t get me wrong - i know that it is not gen like and i know the differences very well - just explain to the community your statement ;) )
Edited or not the number and depth of the grooves is here for you to see, there's no argument to formulate here, just look at the pictures.
More gen pics:
https://imgur.com/MyRW9I0
https://imgur.com/SSPMobh
https://imgur.com/qY0J2g9
https://imgur.com/fnb1PTL

If you can't see how wrong XF went, very well for you, unfortunately for me I see it and I do not like it.
The importance of details on a rep is obviously a very subjective thing, there are probably some details that you think are obvious tells and that I personally do not care about at all and vice versa.

BIONONE

28/4/17
Pope all i wanted was you to form a sentence where you back up your claims.

and like i said i am very much abled to see the differences but maybe not the inexperienced majority of readers on a public forum that is influenced by your statements.

if you didn‘t see the point in the first place i hope you do now.

oh and good luck waiting another 3-5 years for a factory to come up with a pantograph to engrave a rep dial.

lol.

Reactions: ZoomBoy