• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
do you think it will be possible to exchange the JF ring with this one? Are the screws fake? Is the ring interlocking?

Well ok since you’re asking for opinions:

1. Yes I think that the JF bezel will be able to fit this and vice versa.

2. Technically all bezel “screws” in even the gen AP bezels are fake. They are not really screws at all but decorative screw heads. Each of the 8 “screws” are actually more like bolts.

3. I do not understand the question about the bezel being “interlocking”. Interlocking with what?

I agree with bionone that without the watch in hand, AND taking it apart nobody will be able to give you definite replies. But the forum is made up of opinions and not all of them factual or accurate. You’ve just read another one.

Reactions: Allure

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Looks pretty good, i'd like to know more about this "custom a2121".

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I still hear the words „cheap“ and „instant tell“ in my ears...

...now look at this gorgeous V1 and say that again haha

For a what, $300-400 watch, this is an exceeding well made watch. Yes in terms of accuracy of details vs gen there are the inevitable differences. But it’s also a 1:100 price ratio. So for those who continue to say that this is “cheap”, judge it based on how much it’s priced. Reps are relative cheap novelties compared with the gens and we are in this hobby together. Don’t be so eager each time to beat down on a new effort. If you don’t like the rep release, state the differences objectively and that is acceptable to everyone. For example: the dial is the wrong color. Or the date font is wrong. Or the case is too thick. Examples of what can be indisputable facts. But labels like “cheap” and “instant tells” are highly subjective and different for everyone. Stick to constructive critisms and not subjective labeling that’ll help everyone learn about and appreciate new releases like this more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Very tempted to try this one. The 39 mm certainly will fit my wrist better than the 41 mm selfwinding. Pictures from PT look promising.

Reactions: stufuse

Hidenjoy

Renowned Member
8/9/15
Guys ,
Nobody has seen this in gen.
Nobody can call you out. Even on Instagram.

Reactions: Cadows

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Guys ,

That’s taking it a little too far. It is a decent watch and a decent rep for the price. But on Instagram you get guys who are like QueTip and if you post a good picture of this, it’ll get called out in a heartbeat by those in the know.
I’ve seen the 15202 in gen a few times and I can tell you that this watch won’t fool anyone.
It is a decent rep worn for personal leisure and that’s that.

Reactions: Allure

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
That’s taking it a little too far. It is a decent watch and a decent rep for the price. But on Instagram you get guys who are like QueTip and if you post a good picture of this, it’ll get called out in a heartbeat by those in the know.
I’ve seen the 15202 in gen a few times and I can tell you that this watch won’t fool anyone.
It is a decent rep worn for personal leisure and that’s that.

I have to agree in every manner, mate.

every compliment i made about this release is always in relation to what it actually is and which effects and influence the initial novelty will have on the current market situation as it adds more options for what to buy, what to prefer or what to leave out - when acquiring a rep watch - nothing more.

regarding the provocative comment - i think he was about to spice his statement up with a bit of sarcasm because of the 15202ST‘s scarcity in the gen world and that it is mostly seen by resellers and not even in their shop window lol.

of course this watch isn‘t „insta-proof“ and it shouldn’t be the intention in the first place to fool someone on such a base - beside the fact that you are fooling yourself the most.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I have to agree in every manner, mate.

every compliment i made about this release is always in relation to what it actually is and which effects and influence the initial novelty will have on the current market situation as it adds more options for what to buy, what to prefer or what to leave out - when acquiring a rep watch - nothing more.

regarding the provocative comment - i think he was about to spice his statement up with a bit of sarcasm because of the 15202ST‘s scarcity in the gen world and that it is mostly seen by resellers and not even in their shop window lol.

of course this watch isn‘t „insta-proof“ and it shouldn’t be the intention in the first place to fool someone on such a base - beside the fact that you are fooling yourself the most.

Among all the member attitudes which I’ve come across in this community I feel that yours is one of the most balanced and logical. Thank you for all your contribution sir and I personally hope you can keep it up in all the threads.

Reactions: Allure and BIONONE

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Guys ,

I would like to give you an award, do you want it?