• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

notawatchguy

Known Member
24/6/19
usa
JF is basic pull out. And yes the date change is very convenient. Rotor was a bit loud but put some silicone grease to quiet it down.

Yes I was looking at Zf vs XF. And the saucer base wasn't an issue until someone pointed it out to me. I kind of like the blue tint on the XF like the worn look. When I was looking at some gens. A lot of the dials have been aged with lots of change and tropical aging occuring. Also like the back deco with a little less nonsense even though it's not accurate. Not sure. Just preference.

One other thing in the comparison video I liked was the XF has more articulation on the first lug bend so it seemed better for smaller wrists than ZF

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
There is also rumors that AP will replace the current 15202, perhaps waiting for a replica of the replacement will be worth it, if the rumors are true.

All the best.

Rumor? No, the blue 15202 will be discontinued in 2022 that’s a fact. Many sources report it in addition to what my AD told me, here is one of them

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/audemars-piguet-royal-oak-15202st-will-be-replaced-next-year

I agree that the cal 2121 is outdated and flimsy and personally I will like to see this watch replaced in favor of a more robust and practical model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Allure and QueTip

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Rumor? No, the blue 15202 will be discontinued in 2022 that’s a fact. Many sources report it in addition to what my AD told me, here is one of them

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/audemars-piguet-royal-oak-15202st-will-be-replaced-next-year

I agree that the cal 2121 is outdated and flimsy and personally I will like to see this watch replaced in favor of a more robust and practical model.

Thanks for the information, I hope nothing hinders AP's timetable. Just speculating, I think the 15202 replacement will look similar to the current 15500 on a smaller scale with a practical movement as well. We probably won't see a decent replica until 2023 at the earliest.

Glock3ns

10/2/20
New york
Thanks for the information, I hope nothing hinders AP's timetable. Just speculating, I think the 15202 replacement will look similar to the current 15500 on a smaller scale with a practical movement as well. We probably won't see a decent replica until 2023 at the earliest.

I hope no. The 15202 had the perfect symmetry and simplicity imo

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I hope no. The 15202 had the perfect symmetry and simplicity imo

Its just a speculation based upon the 15500 replacing the 15400, the final product remains to be seen.

I like the current 15202 as well, particularly it's size and thinness. Its the movement I have issues with.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Its just a speculation based upon the 15500 replacing the 15400, the final product remains to be seen.

I like the current 15202 as well, particularly it's size and thinness. Its the movement I have issues with.

Agreed, no quick set date in this day and age is beyond backwards... I actually would pay to get the quick-set date added back on. I don't care about deco-plate or if it looks wrong. It's for quality of life...

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Agreed, no quick set date in this day and age is beyond backwards... I actually would pay to get the quick-set date added back on. I don't care about deco-plate or if it looks wrong. It's for quality of life...

Yes, the 15202 (gen or otherwise) is a watch belonging to a past era IMHO. Moving the hands back and forth to adjust the date is plain onerous, as well as counter-intuitive where modern watches go.
I agree with your implied statement that such a feature is outdated in today's luxury watches.

Reactions: Allure

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
doesnt that also affect reliability ? going back and forth stress gears no ? That caliber is not praised for reliability if i'm not wrong..

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
doesnt that also affect reliability ? going back and forth stress gears no ? That caliber is not praised for reliability if i'm not wrong..

It does wear the gear faster yes. The cal. 2121 components aren't known to be robust or high quality. The entire watch is crazy expensive due to market hype and not because of exceptional quality. The same can be said for the Patek Phillipe 5711 of course.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
It does wear the gear faster yes. The cal. 2121 components aren't known to be robust or high quality. The entire watch is crazy expensive due to market hype and not because of exceptional quality. The same can be said for the Patek Phillipe 5711 of course.

i’m partial to the hype of these 2 when design comes into the picture tho, i must admit

wintersyolanda14

Horology Curious
14/1/21
Hey do anyone a good watch modder in the USA? Or a trusted modder? Please thank you for the help

mcboom

time & patience - the two most powerful warriors
Supporter
Certified
12/1/23
Thailand
Been enjoying mine, I asked strodda to relume my v1 from november when they were using the older model gray-blue sunburst instead of the more matte modern one that people are calling the "v1" now. I think it turned out great
!
What size is your wrist?