• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

betterthanSerge

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/12/19
May I inquire the RO expert in this chat, possibly the (lucky) owners of a 15202 XF?

As you can see I'm a newbie of this community, and I've seen in every topic how new members can become annoying by posting questions which have already been answered in previous posts/pages or in other threads. I did some research across all RWI and every thread I came out was prior to the XF 15202 lauch. Moreover, apparently nobody put a question as specific as mine, so I hope sincerely this wouldn't bother all of you.

My wrist is really ladylike, being flat on top and the circumference is just 16cm (6,3 inches).
The 15202 is my (impossible) dream watch and this XF rep to me looks really good. I read every single page of this thread since its beginning.
I would just to ask if someone of you owners of this rep, having a wrist as small as mine could post some pictures on how the watch fits. In real life I have a great tolerance of 40mm watches on my wrist (Sub 16610), but no one with the "lugs protrusion" of a RO, which is the exact element that kept me from pulling the trigger.

In a nutshell: it would break my heart receive it and then acknowledging that even by adjusting the bracelet, it wouldn't fit.

Thank you in advance for your time.

PS: when I entered this community I read that, once you order a rep, you can post the QC pics just after having accepted it. I've seen not just in this thread that many members post QC pics asking specifically whether they should accept the rep or not, in theory contradicting what I think is the rule. Is my notion incorrect?

Thank you

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
May I inquire the RO expert in this chat, possibly the (lucky) owners of a 15202 XF?

As you can see I'm a newbie of this community, and I've seen in every topic how new members can become annoying by posting questions which have already been answered in previous posts/pages or in other threads. I did some research across all RWI and every thread I came out was prior to the XF 15202 lauch. Moreover, apparently nobody put a question as specific as mine, so I hope sincerely this wouldn't bother all of you.

My wrist is really ladylike, being flat on top and the circumference is just 16cm (6,3 inches).
The 15202 is my (impossible) dream watch and this XF rep to me looks really good. I read every single page of this thread since its beginning.
I would just to ask if someone of you owners of this rep, having a wrist as small as mine could post some pictures on how the watch fits. In real life I have a great tolerance of 40mm watches on my wrist (Sub 16610), but no one with the "lugs protrusion" of a RO, which is the exact element that kept me from pulling the trigger.

In a nutshell: it would break my heart receive it and then acknowledging that even by adjusting the bracelet, it wouldn't fit.

Thank you in advance for your time.

PS: when I entered this community I read that, once you order a rep, you can post the QC pics just after having accepted it. I've seen not just in this thread that many members post QC pics asking specifically whether they should accept the rep or not, in theory contradicting what I think is the rule. Is my notion incorrect?

Thank you

Here is a shot on my wife's 16cm....
a bit large for this wrist size IMO the 14790 would be a better choice I think :-(

FYI, although the AP is a much nicer watch to my eyes, the nautilus is a much better choice/fit on this wrist size
o1v5.jpg

jyrv.jpg

Last edited:

betterthanSerge

11/12/19
Erinoush Thank you for your advices, on the more appropriate reference, and on the Nautilus. Before asking my question within this community i went in endless forums of gen owners. Problem is that nobody had a wrist as small as mine. Furthermore, the weblinks to their pics were all expired. But almost all of them agreed that either you like to wear watches in a "loose" way or the 15202 is too big for such a small wrist. Still I can't find a good enough rep for both 36mm and 37mm RO. Moreover, the Jumbo to me is the real thing, the way G.Genta designed to be. For the second advice (the nautilus one): the three sport watches that represent a "must" to me are Daytona, RO Jumbo and Nautilus. I explored a lot this forum since I joined in, but I felt that the Nautilus PPF wasn't close enough, IMHO. When I saw this, I got hooked from this thread.

mordret

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Austria
Thank you
Hi mate, I have exactly the same wrist size as you have. As I had the same concerns I ordered the quartz cheapie from Sead to test the size. To me it feels ok, here is a pic. Now the XF is already on its way! :)

Reactions: betterthanSerge

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
Erinoush Thank you for your advices, on the more appropriate reference, and on the Nautilus. Before asking my question within this community i went in endless forums of gen owners. Problem is that nobody had a wrist as small as mine. Furthermore, the weblinks to their pics were all expired. But almost all of them agreed that either you like to wear watches in a "loose" way or the 15202 is too big for such a small wrist. Still I can't find a good enough rep for both 36mm and 37mm RO. Moreover, the Jumbo to me is the real thing, the way G.Genta designed to be. For the second advice (the nautilus one): the three sport watches that represent a "must" to me are Daytona, RO Jumbo and Nautilus. I explored a lot this forum since I joined in, but I felt that the Nautilus PPF wasn't close enough, IMHO. When I saw this, I got hooked from this thread.

After having spent some time on what you called "gen" forum, I ended up here a year ago as well, TBH, this is THE place to talk about watches, if you like watches, here people are real experts and passionate, they are keen to share opinions and experiences, and they have plenty of the latter...

To get back on the topic, you should give the ppf a try, it is a very nice watch, of course its finish won't compete with a brand new OOTB Patek , but will compete easily with a used of second hand one.
And on your wrist , the nautilus will be a better match probably.

Daytona, i am not really aware of last generation, I am not a big fan of the ceramic bezel, but I had a 16520 that I sold some years ago, it was also a very nice watch, but like the Nautilus, for me and I can't explain why, out of these three, nothing get close to the AP.

betterthanSerge

11/12/19
Hi mate, I have exactly the same wrist size as you have. As I had the same concerns I ordered the quartz cheapie from Sead to test the size. To me it feels ok, here is a pic. Now the XF is already on its way! :)

Thank you mordret, it feels good not being the only one. Thank you for your "moral support". Unfortunately I can't see right now your picture, I'll try again on another browser.

mordret

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Austria
To get back on the topic, you should give the ppf a try, it is a very nice watch, of course its finish won't compete with a brand new OOTB Patek , but will compete easily with a used of second hand one.

+1

By the way: the Nautilus as well as the Daytona fit very well on my skinny wrist! ;-)

Last edited:

betterthanSerge

11/12/19
9aa90aa3e3ab6f54755f735d7a1a71d6.jpg

Upload failed before...

At this point I really think that I'm going to order it. I should buy first a good screwdriver and a pin remover, since I'm going to remove a lot of links.
mordret Can I ask you when your XF is expected to arrive? Thank you very much for both your posts.

betterthanSerge

11/12/19
After having spent some time on what you called "gen" forum, I ended up here a year ago as well, TBH, this is THE place to talk about watches, if you like watches, here people are real experts and passionate, they are keen to share opinions and experiences, and they have plenty of the latter...

Daytona, i am not really aware of last generation, I am not a big fan of the ceramic bezel, but I had a 16520 that I sold some years ago, it was also a very nice watch, but like the Nautilus, for me and I can't explain why, out of these three, nothing get close to the AP.

I must say that since few months (the Covid emergency helped a lot since I'm working from home now) I'm reading a lot of threads about my favourite references on RWI.
I must say that you're truly right.

Competent people, and such a comprehensive amount of information and organisation that I've never seen in any of the "gen forums". Topic Nautilus 5711: I've explored many threads in this regard, including one comparison with a gen that showed how outstanding it is (except for the crown IMHO). I know that it would fit well on my wrist: I have an that had (or still has I'm not sure) a gen and I tried it. Amazing timepiece.
But the Jumbo to me is the watch, and this replica for my humble comprehension, looks spectacularly enough to focus (even financially) all my attention on it. IMO the only macroscopic problems are the position of the exagonal screws onto the bezel (little too close to the edge) and the famigerate lume dissonance between hands and markers.
If I'll order it this would be my first rep. So I'm still unsure whether send it to a modder to work on it. Still to me for the price it's sold, looks good value.