• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
The lume on the XF 15202 is very difficult to remove without marring the markers. You need to remove the old lume in order to do a worthwhile relume. But it is very difficult. Too bad XF cut costs on that lume (and the bezel screws and hands). Otherwise...

Reactions: XLR8R and SHB

mskwatch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/15
EU
The lume on the XF 15202 is very difficult to remove without marring the markers. You need to remove the old lume in order to do a worthwhile relume. But it is very difficult. Too bad XF cut costs on that lume (and the bezel screws and hands). Otherwise...

probably they will fix it in a v2 perhaps?

Tornado33

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/3/20
Hi guys,

Few weeks ago I posted QC pictures from my TD that I disapproved. Two weeks later I still had no news of them so I have asked them some updates of the situation.
I just received their answer telling me they are waiting for XF to send them the watch as they have some updates on the dial. So it confirms the rumors about this “V2”.
As soon as I will get the new QC I’ll let you know !

Thats great! Which TD did you use?

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE

As far as I know, on Gen the bezel screws position is depending on the "age" & the wearing frequency of the watch and of course its condition in general ... I mean we know that on these watches the majors problem is the wear of the bezel , and the more one tries to rebrush/polish it to keep it sharp, the closer the screw are from the edge of the bezel. I have been told by AP service center that it was also the reason why AP service mentions they can polish it only Three times without changing too much the original shape..
somehow we can assume that Xf has been copying an over polished watch/bezel to get such result with screws that close to the edge...

Reactions: Blaze00215

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
ZF will be more thick than XF release (kobe words), surely due to a "useless" decoplate.

I second that , on a 2 hands watch they'd rather focus on respecting the case dimensions than on trying to imitate the movement...in other words, they'd rather bring a nice 5402 instead of a poor 15202 !

Last edited: