• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

CK23

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/8/18
tosoboso hey you don’t like this release? I was following your Franken projects and they are quite awesome. I was actually wondering what would be your comment about this release?

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
tosoboso hey you don’t like this release? I was following your Franken projects and they are quite awesome. I was actually wondering what would be your comment about this release?

Hey there. I actually like it very much. I don’t like most comments though. Truth said, the very people that lambast this new release have probably never tried to produce anything themselves, let alone subcontract parts design, production and assembly. I’d really love to see what they get to achieve in reproducing, say, a simple Coca Cola glass bottle. I’m sure they will get the curvature and thickness right but then the bottle opening will go terrible wrong and they may even miss an “O” here and there. But who am I to judge

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Hey there. I actually like it very much. I don’t like most comments though. Truth said, the very people that lambast this new release have probably never tried to produce anything themselves, let alone subcontract parts design, production and assembly. I’d really love to see what they get to achieve in reproducing, say, a simple Coca Cola glass bottle. I’m sure they will get the curvature and thickness right but then the bottle opening will go terrible wrong and they may even miss an “O” here and there. But who am I to judge
If i tried repping a coke bottle id be pretty bloody happy if it was water tight. If i spelt things right with my sharpie set, well thats just a bonus!

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
looks very promising. Will XF release by any change a 15450 or maybe one in bicolor?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

There is a function where you can mention a member without quoting numerous pictures and texts for a off topic question.

regarding your question - why should they? Is there a demand? Does anybody else rep it? Pretty sure JF will be your savior - maybe not for two tone but for several dial colors in steel.

now let‘s keep on track.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
There is a function where you can mention a member without quoting numerous pictures and texts for a off topic question.

regarding your question - why should they? Is there a demand? Does anybody else rep it? Pretty sure JF will be your savior - maybe not for two tone but for several dial colors in steel.

now let‘s keep on track.

Or just highlight a part of a post and hit the quote that's popping up :p

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Good question, I'm sure a lot of folks are wondering the same and putting off in buying it until favorable reliability data is available.

It is a little of a chicken and egg thing. Look at the rep ROO sec@12 movement. It IS unreliable compared with the rest of the rep movements out there, and there is a limit to how much the reliability can be improved, because no modder or watchsmith out there has changed the fundamental design. But yet, this does not stop the market from buying them up, and I think that the rep ROOs have evolved to relatively popular models in the hobby. Over time, due to its market popularity and feedback, the factories have done minor improvements to the movement along the way.

This movement is of course at this stage a complete unknown until there are enough pieces in the market and over a substantial sample size and period. Only then are we able to assess the movement reliability over a period of time, as opposed to sporadic anecdotal accounts of how a movement is running for 40hrs, and another stops within a day of working.
My unscientific guess is that the movement will not stop anyone who is interested in purchasing this release. The design, dial, case and other features will sell the watch. The non-quickset date is a novelty which will convince some fence-sitters to give this a try too. A lot of guys in this hobby can afford to write off the watch price as "a folly of experimentation", trust me.
Look at the A7750 sec@12, 6 and 3 movement models. They sold and will continue to sell despite the widespread knowledge that the movements are "unreliable". This model will be no exception.
So except for purists, the movement of this movement will not pose a central concern to those wanting to take the plunge.

Reactions: Allure and tosoboso

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
My unscientific guess is that the movement will not stop anyone who is interested in purchasing this release. The design, dial, case and other features will sell the watch.

point in case SH3135 or the 3186 timebomb
how many have been sold

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
what about this shade of blue - is it gen like?
4912-DBCE-7-E9-B-47-E3-B43-D-75-E8-F210-D708.jpg

and here’s the unedited image:
EF5696-C4-B59-A-4-A5-C-9-DB1-4-A8-A0-E38-FA66.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: N0tail_ and BIONONE

RockerArm

Known Member
2/10/19
EU
It is a little of a chicken and egg thing. Look at the rep ROO sec@12 movement. It IS unreliable compared with the rest of the rep movements out there, and there is a limit to how much the reliability can be improved, because no modder or watchsmith out there has changed the fundamental design. But yet, this does not stop the market from buying them up, and I think that the rep ROOs have evolved to relatively popular models in the hobby. Over time, due to its market popularity and feedback, the factories have done minor improvements to the movement along the way.

This movement is of course at this stage a complete unknown until there are enough pieces in the market and over a substantial sample size and period. Only then are we able to assess the movement reliability over a period of time, as opposed to sporadic anecdotal accounts of how a movement is running for 40hrs, and another stops within a day of working.
My unscientific guess is that the movement will not stop anyone who is interested in purchasing this release. The design, dial, case and other features will sell the watch. The non-quickset date is a novelty which will convince some fence-sitters to give this a try too. A lot of guys in this hobby can afford to write off the watch price as "a folly of experimentation", trust me.
Look at the A7750 sec@12, 6 and 3 movement models. They sold and will continue to sell despite the widespread knowledge that the movements are "unreliable". This model will be no exception.
So except for purists, the movement of this movement will not pose a central concern to those wanting to take the plunge.

Well... "here I am!" ...I'm one of the people who ordered this watch "closed box" with no idea how reliable the movement will be, or how many visible flaws it will have!

Sincerely I don't like the position of the screws on bezel, too near to the outer border, and of course this is a very noticeable flaw watching the magnified photo on the 15" screen of my laptop, but I think that in the "real life" this shouldn't be a big issue! ...and even if I think that I will find some other issues to be improved I need to see this watch in my hands!

Actually my supplier told me it is having some delay in the shipment because the producers are delaying the release... I will keep you updated!

Hidenjoy

Renowned Member
8/9/15
Well... "here I am!" ...I'm one of the people who ordered this watch "closed box" with no idea how reliable the movement will be, or how many visible flaws it will have!

Sincerely I don't like the position of the screws on bezel, too near to the outer border, and of course this is a very noticeable flaw watching the magnified photo on the 15" screen of my laptop, but I think that in the "real life" this shouldn't be a big issue! ...and even if I think that I will find some other issues to be improved I need to see this watch in my hands!

Actually my supplier told me it is having some delay in the shipment because the producers are delaying the release... I will keep you updated!

Thank you !!!
You did it for the RWI family

Kmmas

7/4/15

Amazing! *clap*. Looking forward

raytron

Known Member
28/6/19
I know it is a rough comparison but it might give you a good impression of the differences. Dont know how to add images here, so there are the links

https://clickpix.org/image/h58N4
https://clickpix.org/image/h5B1c
https://clickpix.org/image/h5tKI
https://clickpix.org/image/h56Bj

It is slim, the print looks good, the measures seem to be right, the dial looks great, the date font seems more accurate. Of course a couple flaws are there - obviously the movement looks better in the JF, but you know, who cares. I am wondering, they say it is 30M water proof. Can I go swim with it?

Last edited:

BIONONE

28/4/17
raytron i appreciate your effort!

as for now this should clear things a bit up until we can discuss the real deal and feel.

anyways i would see heavily edited or even computer generated images of gens with a grain of salt.

Thank you for your time!

Reactions: Mr Monaco

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
do you think it will be possible to exchange the JF ring with this one? Are the screws fake? Is the ring interlocking?

BIONONE

28/4/17
do you think it will be possible to exchange the JF ring with this one? Are the screws fake? Is the ring interlocking?

Well... you can measure it via MSpaint and then take a guess regarding the case construction and THEN you will get the answer every other member could give you at this point.

... but seriously - are you really asking such a question only a few days after the web release with the hope of a definite answer? Come on... :D

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Well... you can measure it via MSpaint and then take a guess regarding the case construction and THEN you will get the answer every other member could give you at this point.

... but seriously - are you really asking such a question only a few days after the web release with the hope of a definite answer? Come on... :D

I ask 3 questions :)

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
BIONONE that’s the problem with the rendered images on the websites.
Not even pictures of gen‘s takes on a phone come close to these rendered images.