• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Survivor NOOB Chrono Issue

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I just received an AP Survivor by Noob, and tried out the chronograph function. It works...but when you stop and reset it the long seconds hand doesn't go back to 12 o'clock. It stops at about 2 or 3 seconds after the 12 o'clock. Sooooo annoying. Other than that this is a great rep. Good quality and feel all around.

Before I accepted the QC I asked them to send pics of the chronograph going around which they did so I thought everything was good to go. But the reset is the issue. The other thing I noticed is that when you start the chronograph by pressing the top pusher the minute subdial minute hand jumps to one minute. That is not as annoying of an issue though as the long chronograph seconds hand not resetting to 12 o'clock.

Do you guys think this is an easy fix for a watch repair shop?

Do you see the chronograph seconds hand location? It is not at 12 o'clock after a reset of the chrono function.

Any help greatly appreciated. .

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Any ideas guys? Would this be an expensive fix?

I will say that I contacted the TD about the issue and they emailed right back and apologized and offered to pay for the repairs at one of my local shops if they were not too expensive. That is really amazing customer service and I would like to mention the name of theTD if possible here.

They also said they would repair it themselves but I would need to send back to China.

Really a great TD!

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19

I will say that I contacted the TD about the issue and they emailed right back and apologized and offered to pay for the repairs at one of my local shops if they were not too expensive. That is really amazing customer service and I would like to mention the name of theTD if possible here.

They also said they would repair it themselves but I would need to send back to China.

Really a great TD!

schlonz

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/16
Does the seconds hand always go back to that same position? If yes simply re aligning the seconds hand would most likely fix it. Any watchsmith can do that for small money.

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
It’s an easy fix. The hand has to be reset which every watchsmith should able to do for little money.

bonus advice: as soon as it’s fixed leave the chrono alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: macarone

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Haha good advice. I honestly pressed it once to check it was working and then it was misaligned. And yes the chronograph seconds hand goes back to the same spot about 2 to 3 seconds off of 12 o'clock position every time. I will bring it to local watch smith today. Will post with updates.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19

Really a great TD!
​​​​​​

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
First and foremost, this is an issue with the A7750 sec@12 and it does not matter what the model of the watch is.

Second, remember that even if you get the movement serviced, it will not make the chrono function more reliable. Try to leave it well alone.

Lastly, this is one of the many typical issues with the chrono of this movement type. Not expensive to fix and not serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
First and foremost, this is an issue with the A7750 sec@12 and it does not matter what the model of the watch is.

Second, remember that even if you get the movement serviced, it will not make the chrono function more reliable. Try to leave it well alone.

Lastly, this is one of the many typical issues with the chrono of this movement type. Not expensive to fix and not serious.

So I’m trying to source a replacement A7750 secs @12 for my JF ROO 44mm novelty Panda, without much luck. I tried my TDs and they said no. Any thoughts?

Sent from the RWI App

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Just let the large sec hand go full revolution and stop it @0 with the button! Fixed and you didn’t have to find a watchsmith!

Reactions: SuperLory

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Just let the large sec hand go full revolution and stop it @0 with the button! Fixed and you didn’t have to find a watchsmith!

lol, no, that is not a solution to his issue. It is like saying that for a stopped watch, you just wear it for that 1 moment a day when it shows the correct time and date.
There is a difference between fixing an issue and disguising it.

Reactions: Allure and Storm.

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
bde3c8a2370583ef10aefe7fd3d61145.gif

I’m sorry!

Reactions: legend

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
So I’m trying to source a replacement A7750 secs @12 for my JF ROO 44mm novelty Panda, without much luck. I tried my TDs and they said no. Any thoughts?

Sent from the RWI App

ask the modders that build frankens or those members recently built. they will have them kicking around as spares