• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15400 - First pictures

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Looks fantastic, is the dial that dark in light too? I love the darker tone of the blue you see, but often I see the AP blue is almost electric which I'm not fond of. Looks great!

It's only like that in the shadows.

Inside the house under normal daylight it is quite matte and in bright lights/sunlight it is brightish with a sunburst effect.

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
It's only like that in the shadows.

Inside the house under normal daylight it is quite matte and in bright lights/sunlight it is brightish with a sunburst effect.

This. The colour shift on this dial is really nice. On the shadows it can look almost black and bright blue in the sunshine. I happen to prefer the darkish tone at sunset or in the evening. :)

Reactions: RonP

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
ZZcCnD.jpg

Another shot in the "shadow".

Calibre16

31/1/12
A bit OT but:
What's the value of a GEN black dial + GEN black DW for the 15400?

How much can I sell these items for?
(This is not a sales ad)

Last edited:

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
A bit OT but:

(This is not a sales ad)

There's a few of those on chrono24, check it out to get an idea of market value

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
A bit OT but:

(This is not a sales ad)

Gen white/silver costs £750 on ebay, from a reputable seller so I imagine it's close to that + date wheel is probably between £100-300 depending on rarity, I've not seen any date wheels to be honest with you.

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
Datewheels will not fit in a miyota movement. You’ll need a Mikey datewheel for miyota movements if you want a closer to gen look. Those pop up occasionally on M2M, however rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Datewheels will not fit in a miyota movement. You’ll need a Mikey datewheel for miyota movements if you want a closer to gen look. Those pop up occasionally on M2M, however rare.

It may be a prodigious waste, but gen DWs can be used as DWOs in a miyota movement. I have done this before, a project for the crazy owner.

Reactions: Allure

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
If I am not mistaken.

Gen date wheel on Miyota will rotate in the wrong direction, Higher to lower numbers. no?
Gen cal is clock wise rotating date wheel
miyota is anti clock wise rotating date wheel

Bebew 78

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/4/20
What do you think? Buy what color you like buddy. Not what me or someone else think.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Thank's but i don't wait your choice, all dial it's different darling. I know blue and black it's good but i don't know if grey and white it's good too.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Thank's but i don't wait your choice, all dial it's different darling. I know blue and black it's good but i don't know if grey and white it's good too.

At the end of the day whichever dial colour you get, the watch will be a rep. So buy what you like and if you want more detailed knowledge on the genuine vs replica matter, every dial has been discussed on here. Do the research.

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14

Since tompa n quetip had offered the Most rational thinking n if if you ain’t convinced, u can consider this antidote:
Buy all colors then seeing them in real life, sell those you are out of love with it in m2m.
Sincerely hope this can allay your “anxieties”

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Since tompa n quetip had offered the Most rational thinking n if if you ain’t convinced, u can consider this antidote:
Buy all colors then seeing them in real life, sell those you are out of love with it in m2m.
Sincerely hope this can allay your “anxieties”

Actually this does work well for anyone who likes to ask about which color is “closest to gen”. They get to decide first hand for themselves.
Gen is gen and rep is rep and ownership and enjoyment of both are simply very different. Not better or worse, but merely different.