• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15400 - First pictures

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I wasn’t aware there was a problem with the screw finish?

I handle a lot of used gens, The screw finish is often bad. The reason being is that Independent Jewellers (not AD) here in the U.K. tend to brush the bezel (before sale) but don’t bother with re-finishing the screws.

Hence, why I probably wouldn’t notice anything off with the rep, since most used gens, sold by independent jewellers (not new AD watches) have finishes that are all over the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah bezel screws wasn't jf finish, unlike 15500 who got a top notch finish, anyway seems this looks OK on the pics you've posted.

Reactions: KSwatches

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I wasn’t aware there was a problem with the screw finish?

I handle a lot of used gens, The screw finish is often bad. The reason being is that Independent Jewellers (not AD) here in the U.K. tend to brush the bezel (before sale) but don’t bother with re-finishing the screws.

Hence, why I probably wouldn’t notice anything off with the rep, since most used gens, sold by independent jewellers (not new AD watches) have finishes that are all over the place.

I agree with you, in fact the average used gen SS AP, often is scratched up worse than any rep I have seen. Most of the used ones on sale have already been polished up by the dealer before being put up for sale.

Jasonp

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/19
Damnn !, This looks very very good, how do you always get so quick and latest best batches of watches out haha

Congrats,,,,
Great to see a white dial,,,,,,looks crisp,,,
Wear it in good health,,,,,J

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
Also my white dial is incoming! (From kswatches). I will update before and after installing a gen dial

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: KSwatches

the massakretor

23/8/13
Here it is mine.

Bracelet has rough edges, as soon as it arrived I washed it with soap and lubed it (silicone spray, but it's the same as baby oil) and then washed again. Feels better like all the rep bracelet I have. I do the same with every watch.

I had the JF V5 since a few weeks ago, this one is way better on every aspect. The movement feels better, and that's the main difference. When winding or changing date, and also power reserve (12-ish hours on JF, and I always found it very disturbing, this one is at least double that, probably more, didn't check).

JF bracelet was heavier no doubt. The feeling was of a better overall quality, but it was stiffer too. This one is smoother and more flexible, but lighter. Both have their perks I guess, it's a matter of taste. ZF has better end links and being more flexible, wraps around the wrist better.
The whole JF felt massive, both for the bracelet and thicker case.

Case is WAY better, I wasn't very focused on thickness, but this feels like another different watch.

Dial is good, slightly better than JF but no biggie

If you have the extra money, I'd go with ZF ALL DAY. Bracelet included.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
[mention]the massakretor [/mention]
Thank you for your detailed feedback and I’m glad to see that you compared the ZF to the JF and omitted all mentions of “gen-like” or “close to gen” remarks and this helps potential buyers to make informed decisions and at the same time, does not mislead buyers into thinking that an aspect of their watch will be like the gen (or not like it).
This is a well written and sincere review IMHO. Thank you once again.

Reactions: Allure

mOrLoC89

Known Member
15/2/19
Here it is mine.

Bracelet has rough edges, as soon as it arrived I washed it with soap and lubed it (silicone spray, but it's the same as baby oil) and then washed again. Feels better like all the rep bracelet I have. I do the same with every watch.

I had the JF V5 since a few weeks ago, this one is way better on every aspect. The movement feels better, and that's the main difference. When winding or changing date, and also power reserve (12-ish hours on JF, and I always found it very disturbing, this one is at least double that, probably more, didn't check).

JF bracelet was heavier no doubt. The feeling was of a better overall quality, but it was stiffer too. This one is smoother and more flexible, but lighter. Both have their perks I guess, it's a matter of taste. ZF has better end links and being more flexible, wraps around the wrist better.
The whole JF felt massive, both for the bracelet and thicker case.

Case is WAY better, I wasn't very focused on thickness, but this feels like another different watch.

Dial is good, slightly better than JF but no biggie

If you have the extra money, I'd go with ZF ALL DAY. Bracelet included.

Oh man - im still reading this thread for a while now and can’t decide whether to choose the blue or white dial ZF - so you are making it much more difficult now :D

Has anybody some sunlight pictures of the blue dial - like this from the white one?

I like this shiny style - but don’t know, how the blue dial does it in sunlight...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Jasonp

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/19
Oh man - im still reading this thread for a while now and can’t decide whether to choose the blue or white dial ZF - so you are making it much more difficult now :D

Has anybody some sunlight pictures of the blue dial - like this from the white one?

I like this shiny style - but don’t know, how the blue dial does it in sunlight...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

White dial looks great,,
kinda makes me wish I had gone for white instead of my blue dial JF V5,,,,

Reactions: mOrLoC89

MadWatcher

Known Member
20/3/19
I almost bought a white JF V5 a while back from a local seller and I offered him the price of what it would cost if I bought from one of the TD here shipping cost included and he refused.

Good thing he did because ZF release the white dial 15400 and I was ready to buy. Then not too long afterwards AP released a white dial 15500 which means a rep version will be available later. So I’m going to wait for that and hopefully ZF makes it.

Mildeepsea

Horology Curious
5/5/13
It fits good. I don't know the maker of this strap as I got it from the bay for 35$ the endlinks and 2 quite good screwdrivers included. I can't compare to other (much more expensive) rubber strap makers.