• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15400 - First pictures

aristole

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/8/19
As promised few posts above, I just wanted to share my thoughts and impressions about the JF V5 vs ZF 15400. JF is with grey dial meanwhile ZF I got the blue dial, even if I am more a "grey dial" man LOL.
Anyway, first impression, both are nice, from a distant perspective they could look very similar, but in fact they are not.

I have tried also to swap the case backs but it's not possible. The JF watch has a completely different construction. The movement looks like it's sitting lower inside JF compared to ZF, and both case back and bezel are thicker on the JF. The thickness of the JF case back is easily noticeable, meanwhile the bezel you really have to compare them side by side to notice the fact that ZF one is thinner. Also the case on ZF is slimmer and so is the bracelet. This bring to a weight difference of almost 20 grams: my JF weights 172 grams and ZF 154. It's not very much but you could feel it when wearing it.

Speaking about wearability the ZF is a step over JF imho, probably because if's slimmer and also (maybe) because of the weight difference. On the other hand, the bracelet on the JF is on the watch I have, better refined, feels more solid and the clasp, that one yes, a step over ZF. ZF clasp on my watch feels and looks like it has not been refined, I would defintely try to swap them and put JF one (the best one imho) on the ZF.

Another thing that is more relevant for me and gives a "more like to gen" appeal to ZF if the rehaut height. On the ZF the space between the dial and the xtal is imo lower, and this makes a huge difference. It's not noticeable in the pics, but you can see it when you have them side by side. The JF now looks more like the old fake chinese watches who had a huge rehaut that simply make them funny to look at....don't get me wrong guys, we are not at that bad levels, but here the ZF is also clearly the winner.

For what i can feel, for me the best mod would be ZF complete case and JF bracelet.

I won't go into too many details, let the pictures speak for themselves. Enjoy and sorry for the bad quality of my iPhone 6 camera:

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Thanks for the comparison! I’m wondering if these two watches would take gen parts???

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Grillo

Supporter
Certified
8/1/20
Germany

Naughtylus

18/4/19
there’s a neighbor thread about the jf in white:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/audemars-piguet-ap/7726347-15400-v5-white-dial
after all this reading I’m torn back and forth - which is your favorite?

Will not think twice and will pick up the ZF because of the thinness and the rotor plate!!! I’m thinking of frankening, do dial at the moment doesn’t bother me much. But if the ZF white dial is as good as the JF, I won’t need to get a dial for a while!! My question is: should I wait for the RG to come out or just get this now? lol!

Sent from the RWI App

Grillo

Supporter
Certified
8/1/20
Germany
Will not think twice and will pick up the ZF because of the thinness and the rotor plate!!! I’m thinking of frankening, do dial at the moment doesn’t bother me much. But if the ZF white dial is as good as the JF, I won’t need to get a dial for a while!! My question is: should I wait for the RG to come out or just get this now? lol!

Sent from the RWI App

I’m on your side. most say zf because of the thinness and jf because of the bracelet. maybe I can make it easy for myself - because I‘m very tall I have a very wide bracelet - circumference of 8.1“ and probably need another link to the watch ootb (I have already asked here what max circumference the bracelet has, but unfortunately I still have no answer) - so I just buy the zf in white and an additional jf bracelet :)... if I hopefully can order it....

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Is it possible to buy just the jf v5 bracelet on it's own?

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
I’m on your side. most say zf because of the thinness and jf because of the bracelet. maybe I can make it easy for myself - because I‘m very tall I have a very wide bracelet - circumference of 8.1“ and probably need another link to the watch ootb (I have already asked here what max circumference the bracelet has, but unfortunately I still have no answer) - so I just buy the zf in white and an additional jf bracelet :)... if I hopefully can order it....

Does this fit (ZF Watchhead and the JF Bracelet) ? Are there any pictures of this Combo?

Im in the same Situation and would also need extra Links - so im interested in your results :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Grillo

aristole

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/8/19

My wrist is 17.5 cm and I had to take 3 links off the bracelet (on both ZF and JF) to fit my wrist, and I don't have the watch completely tight on my wrist...hope this helps.

Reactions: Grillo

Grillo

Supporter
Certified
8/1/20
Germany
My wrist is 17.5 cm and I had to take 3 links off the bracelet (on both ZF and JF) to fit my wrist, and I don't have the watch completely tight on my wrist...hope this helps.

Sound good - thanx! So maybe I don’t need an extra link- I‘ll see if my watch arrive. Do u have AP 15400 both from ZF & JF?