• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15400 - First pictures

nobigdeal2010

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
11/11/13
CONUS
Has anyone noticed the uneven space near the center of the rotor around the bearings?

The JF 15400 and gen have no gap/are even, where as the Z+F has a very noticeable uneven gap.

Has anyone recieved this watch yet? This gap would make me think the rotor would be even noisier.

Pretty sure there is a decorative cap over the actual bearing assembly. The cap is used to make it resemble the gen assembly. So the uneven gap is from the factory not sticking the cap on perfectly centered. Can be fixed

TheGoodfella

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/12/18
Canada
I’d much rather have misaligned screws than any other quality problem on a rep, I’d personally approve it and just fix it carefully at home when it arrived. Otherwise a great looking rep!

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
I’d much rather have misaligned screws than any other quality problem on a rep, I’d personally approve it and just fix it carefully at home when it arrived. Otherwise a great looking rep!

Yeah, you are right. However I just asked to fix screws, but I could fix them at home too.

CK23

19/8/18
Yeah, you are right. However I just asked to fix screws, but I could fix them at home too.

I am not sure if it’s that easy to align screws because you actually need to remove the bezel to align them, right? It’s not like you can take a screwdriver and turn them I think.

Reactions: Mikio17

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Black dial for information:

:
670426684322774563090fa2a2e661e7.jpg

ff1a35e9f147e4973afa6f54472eb432.jpg

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
I am not sure if it’s that easy to align screws because you actually need to remove the bezel to align them, right? It’s not like you can take a screwdriver and turn them I think.

Nope, it’s simple. You have to unscrew every screw from caseback, turn it, and screw again.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Not all watches make sound when shaken. Gen Rolex for example do not make any sound.

This is subjective. To me, gen Rolexes are not completely silent too (and yes I do own a few).
It is impossible for mechanical watches to be completely sound-free as long as there are moving parts. It is a matter of perception, and how good your hearing is.
A gen Rolex (or gen AP 3126 movement for that matter) is relatively very much quieter, but by no means completely silent. It is mechanically impossible unless all the parts are cemented together and not moving at all.

Reactions: Allure

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Anyone with small wrists got a 15400 and can share some pics? Thanks!

Inviato dal mio iPhone 11 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

benballer

Known Member
Certified
15/3/19
Now that's quite stunning. I haven't ever considered going with the black one, but at the moment I'm so torn between blue and black, dammit
I am aware black can go with literally any outfit, but what about blue ? Is it that versatile as well ?

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Now that's quite stunning. I haven't ever considered going with the black one, but at the moment I'm so torn between blue and black, dammit
I am aware black can go with literally any outfit, but what about blue ? Is it that versatile as well ?

If you want the full experience of the 15400 go for the blue. I like the ZF blue dial, it’s accurate to the J/K series blue dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dullidulli

Certified
3/6/13
If you want the full experience of the 15400 go for the blue. I like the ZF blue dial, it’s accurate to the J/K series blue dial.

If legend says that the blue dial is accurate, it is an accolade to the new ZF.
It would be interesting to know about the quality of the bracelet. Is it inferior or superior to the JF one or equal?
Looking at the OMF one, it is definitely inferior to the JF v5 bracelet.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK

It’s very nice indeed

benballer

Known Member
Certified
15/3/19

My thoughts exactly, O.G. 15400 = blue.
I guess I'll have to get an additional Chorno or something with black dial and black strap to fulfil all needs lol

dla329

27/10/19
Does the black dial and printing look better on jf v5?
What do you day?

Looks like the jf v5 black has more sunburst.
witch one does look more gen?

cutfox

MULTI ACCOUNT
4/4/19
How can I understand if one watch is noisy or not?