• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15400 - First pictures

benballer

Known Member
Certified
15/3/19
Bullflo3 there is no way the bezel screws can be turned/rotated, they are hexagon. Think about it.
They probably took it apart and fixed it.

I agree with the 12 o'clock markers

Reactions: molivio

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
Does anyone if the plots are interchangeable between this ZF 15400 and JF (or between XF 15202 and JF)?

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
Even gen 12 o’clock markers are sometimes off a little.

This version looks pretty good. I am tempted to give it a try.

Reactions: Bullflo3

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
Bullflo3 there is no way the bezel screws can be turned/rotated, they are hexagon. Think about it.

Ah...duh...you’re right - thanks for the that. Can’t wait to give this thing some wrist time!

MisterAri

Horology Curious
12/11/19
Does anyone have an idea, if it’s possible to get this beauty on rubber straps?

I’ve read something about a conversion kit / other plots but since this ZF version is so new, I’m not sure they exits? Or are other rep plots also working? Or any other idea how to get it in a rubber strap?

I think it would great on white :)

appreciate your help :)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Completely correct. They definitely took it apart to fix it, if it is the same watch.
The community needs to be aware, that the name "bezel screws" is a misnomer. These are decorative screw heads mounted on bolts which connect all the way to the caseback.
There are variations in the construction, but all of them are decorative/faux screw heads designed to enhance the masculinity of the watch visually.

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
Does anyone have an idea, if it’s possible to get this beauty on rubber straps?

I’ve read something about a conversion kit / other plots but since this ZF version is so new, I’m not sure they exits? Or are other rep plots also working? Or any other idea how to get it in a rubber strap?

I think it would great on white :)

appreciate your help :)

Rubberb.com sells rubber straps (not cheap)

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

MisterAri

Horology Curious
12/11/19

Saw them already, looking good and I would be so crazy to buy it :) But since they are targeting gen APs - do I need a conversion kit? Or are RubberB compatible with reps, especially this rep?

// EDIT: Oh and I see, RubberB doesnt have white strap for the 41mm models... not sure, if I like the black rubber on blue dial. argh, white rubber on blue dial would be such a perfect match for summer!

Last edited:

Jasonp

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/19

Yes Rubber Bs are great but unfortunately the straps have a Velcro fastener,,no clasp or tang available for the 5400,

Jasonp

30/10/19
Have you tried eBay? I saw a white one complete with conversion links and clasp for $38.99 to fit an AP 15400.

That would be worth doing,,,, had one on a gen,,really comfortable and great fit,,
thanks gilrob ,,,I’m ok I wasn’t looking for strap just replying to the other post but thanks for the info,,,

Last edited:

fletch512

Known Member
9/5/06
It’s a shame such a nice rep is marred by such crappy bezel screws. Even in the new video, most of the notches on the screws are way off-center, and some are crooked. On the wrist, it’s a pretty small tell. But if people complained about date fonts and .1mm thickness in the past, I would think the screws would be more irritating.

Good job overall, ZF, but buy your screw manufacturer some glasses. This would be the first thing I would try to mitigate in QC pics.

Swiss Maiden

20/9/19
Question for the gen owners, how loud is the 22K gold rotor in the gen watch?

I understand the Miyota is noisy, would like to know how noisy is the "benchmark".