• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15400 - First pictures

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
Very nice dial cassapanca. The silver dial has two variants, one which is more "white" (J/K series) and the other like the one you bought, which is more silvery. I prefer the one you have by far, it just is more classy in real life.
As for the gen datewheel, you may want to hang on to it till you find a gen movement. Those are not that rare, but the 22K gold rotor is harder to source. With the slew of black dial frankens in the community, your silver dial one will be a refreshing change, and something I look forward to seeing.

Thank you sir! I’m going to install this dial and a prof crystal (not by myself, the work will be done by Johnny depp).. I know that the prof crystal is not 1AR like gen, but I want to try it.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thank you sir! I’m going to install this dial and a prof crystal (not by myself, the work will be done by Johnny depp).. I know that the prof crystal is not 1AR like gen, but I want to try it.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Ultimately, a watch is a personal statement and an extension of self. I have seen customized gen ROOs and ROs in my community. So the same should go for reps. Not everything needs to be "gen like", but you definitely need to like what goes on your wrist,no matter what others think!

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
"Slew of black dial frankens"

Why do you say that? Is it because black such a common dial or is it better to franken because of the way it changes to gray in certain lighting?

Asking because I am part of the slew, haha.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
"Slew of black dial frankens"

Why do you say that? Is it because black such a common dial or is it better to franken because of the way it changes to gray in certain lighting?

Asking because I am part of the slew, haha.

I did not mean any offense, but black dials are a lot more common simply due to member preference firstly and also because of lack of availability of gen blue and grey dials. So between the black and silver ones, the black ones are chosen a lot more, somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

Kmmas

7/4/15
Is the ZF officially out yet? Apart from the first pic in the thread, don’t see any other pics around

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Is the ZF officially out yet? Apart from the first pic in the thread, don’t see any other pics around

It's out and you can place your order, for now we've didn't seen a single QC yet.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Yea no QC pics. No reviews... how come?

That is not the kind of question to ask.
Firstly, there should be no expectation whatsoever that anyone needs to post reviews and QC pics for the benefit of others. This is done at the discretion of members who wish to, and within the forum regulations on QC pics.
Second, if you are curious, why not you be the guy who buys it and then posts QC pics and reviews for others? I am sure that it will add more value to the community instead of asking questions which are almost rhetoric in nature.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Firstly, there should be no expectation whatsoever that anyone needs to post reviews and QC pics for the benefit of others. This is done at the discretion of members who wish to, and within the forum regulations on QC pics.
Second, if you are curious, why not you be the guy who buys it and then posts QC pics and reviews for others? I am sure that it will add more value to the community instead of asking questions which are almost rhetoric in nature.

the legend back at it with the satisfying truth ;)

Reactions: Jasonp

Jasonp

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/19

If you visit Puretime and hit AP Royal Oak then you will the latest two ZF releases,,,,,,

Last edited:

dharma

F.a.i.g.a. addicted
13/11/14
The Hive
Ultimately, a watch is a personal statement and an extension of self. I have seen customized gen ROOs and ROs in my community. So the same should go for reps. Not everything needs to be "gen like", but you definitely need to like what goes on your wrist,no matter what others think!

Man, this is ablutely the correct way to approach to rep world.....if u want perfection you can go gen ; most of us invest in 1 or 2 years the equivalent of a used gen, purchasing lot of reps only for the taste of admire our wrist all day, attempint to renew the object of our passion as often as possible...and first of all, you must love what you see, regardless of gen similarity...

Reactions: Dr Fun Socks

Kmmas

7/4/15

There are members here that usually buy a watch as soon as it is out. Especially the long awaited ZF 15400 . And there are members here who have enough knowledge and expertise for a review, unfortunately I don’t at the moment . Just like any other JF 15400 release in the past, there have been reviews and QC pics right after a release.so its a little strange that there isn’t any for the long awaited ZF. Hopefully one day I can have enough knowledge and expertise for a review, I would love to contribute to the forum. And none my comments were rhetoric in nature in any way

Last edited:

BIONONE

28/4/17
There are members here that usually buy a watch as soon as it is out. Especially the long awaited ZF 15400 . And there are members here who have enough knowledge and expertise for a review, unfortunately I don’t at the moment . Just like any other JF 15400 release in the past, there have been reviews and QC pics right after a release.so its a little strange that there isn’t any for the long awaited ZF. Hopefully one day I can have enough knowledge and expertise for a review, I would love to contribute to the forum. And none my comments were rhetoric in nature in any way

you dont really need competence or knowledge in watches to take some decent phone pictures to make a review on here - many new members did that in the past even though their experience was small - but often it grew rapidly as with the first watches in hand the enthusiasm starts to bloom even more.

anyways - there is nothing strange about the fact that nobody got a watch that was released (digitally) merely 7 days ago.

patience is the key.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Ok I’m just going to state the facts here, so that you can adjust your expectations when new models are released:

You are expecting someone else to spend money and buy and review the watch so that you can decide comfortably if you will purchase it based on the review. Nobody is obligated to do that, no matter what past trends indicate.

You can either continue to wait for it, or be the guy who buys first. You need to stop your rhetorical and useless questions. It’s like asking why the sky is blue or why the earth is round. Obviously there are no QC pics and reviews because nobody is choosing to post them yet. Simple. Don’t go cluttering every thread with questions which add nothing except post count.

Kmmas

7/4/15
Ok I’m just going to state the facts here, so that you can adjust your expectations when new models are released:

You are expecting someone else to spend money and buy and review the watch so that you can decide comfortably if you will purchase it based on the review. Nobody is obligated to do that, no matter what past trends indicate.

You can either continue to wait for it, or be the guy who buys first. You need to stop your rhetorical and useless questions. It’s like asking why the sky is blue or why the earth is round. Obviously there are no QC pics and reviews because nobody is choosing to post them yet. Simple. Don’t go cluttering every thread with questions which add nothing except post count.

Let me get some facts straight. Firstly I am not buying the watch irrespective.i already own a JF 15400 which is working just fine as of yet. I am just asking for knowledge and to remain updated as to what is going on in the rep market, just as you are. There is no rule on thiis forum against that. Secondly there are no rhetorical or “useless” questions. For you maybe but not for me and other members. Plz voice ur opinion as a opinion and not a fact. Thirdly I am not expecting anything from anyone. Just that there is a normal trend of something , and if something wasn’t going accordingly I thought maybe there’s a reason. Maybe there’s a another thread that I’m missing out on or unable to find. Or something else. And fourthly you need to be a little humble, especially to newer to members. Try it, it won’t hurt I promise.

Last edited:

Kmmas

7/4/15
you dont really need competence or knowledge in watches to take some decent phone pictures to make a review on here - many new members did that in the past even though their experience was small - but often it grew rapidly as with the first watches in hand the enthusiasm starts to bloom even more.

anyways - there is nothing strange about the fact that nobody got a watch that was released (digitally) merely 7 days ago.

patience is the key.

Thankyou. I guess you are right. I misjudged the release date. Too early for QCs yet

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Let me get some facts straight. Firstly I am not buying the watch irrespective.i already own a JF 15400 which is working just fine as of yet. I am just asking for knowledge and to remain updated as to what is going on in the rep market, just as you are. There is no rule on thiis forum against that. Secondly there are no rhetorical or “useless” questions. For you maybe but not for me and other members. Plz voice ur opinion as a opinion and not a fact. Thirdly I am not expecting anything from anyone. Just that there is a normal trend of something , and if something wasn’t going accordingly I thought maybe there’s a reason. Maybe there’s a another thread that I’m missing out on or unable to find. Or something else. And fourthly you need to be a little humble, especially to newer to members. Try it, it won’t hurt I promise.

Lol I AM being humble. You should see me when I’m not.

ssouthall6

10/10/13

I get where you are coming from, but wouldn't it be nice if people could test the waters and excitedly post their QC pics simply to show the community without grids appearing on them and accusations of wonky markers, foul play and other such nonsense.

Like the good old days!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I get where you are coming from, but wouldn't it be nice if people could test the waters and excitedly post their QC pics simply to show the community without grids appearing on them and accusations of wonky markers, foul play and other such nonsense.

Like the good old days!

Oh.. those grids lol. If they were put on gens, not every piece will pass the dreaded grid test as well. We are simply too harsh on the reps. I accept that some markers are crooked even to the naked eye.
But drawing grids on them and expecting the dial to be 0.00mm off for each marker, print, and logo is too fastidious IMHO.