• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15400 - First pictures

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
This many pages and everyone doesn't already understand Z+, ZF, Z+F are all the same maker. Like someone said, the Chinese are not going to throw the old tags out, they do not like waste. This is no different than when some of the new versions V1, V2, V3 come with a part from a previous version, like the dial. They will use all the old stuff until it is gone.
So only way to deal with it is to try and work with your TD. I would suggest telling them exactly what you are looking for, so when they go to the maker they try and get what you want. I believe Lucy (I never used her) is pretty good to her customers and will work with you to get what you want.
But honestly like legend said, all these dials are correct for some serial number Gen (as close as they can be). I think we stress the maco details a little to much, thinking there are 1000 different makers out there making different versions with small changes. They are a few big makers making them.

AP2003 summed up the clarification of the factory doubts and dial color succinctly. It is always encouraging to see astute members, who can guide others along and when needed, cut through all the BS with incisive facts.

Reactions: Allure and Jurgenk

Philippe.rwi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/19
I would like to get some advice on the date positioning within the window (not asking to review my QC :)

To me it looks like the date is to high within the window, I've ask TD for additional photos of a different date (7, 20, 27). What do you think, is it off or am I just to picky?

Watch is from PT, already rejected for a different reason (had a dent in the case) but still wanted to reach out regarding the date so I don't have to annoy TD with this.

UvrNt.jpg

UvBK2.png

Regarding Z+F etc, mine has ZF
UvQ1E.jpg

Last edited:

vh997tt

Known Member
Certified
24/5/15
My time to shine.

my ZF black arrived today and its a really nice watch

but.... the bracelet, what happend there? Even my JF v2j has a more solid and one. And ahhh the rotor noice is back.. my JF v2j is very silent.

i was so disappointed of the bracelet so I switched but kept the new clasp. Enjoy some pictures.

ZF to the left and JF v2j to the right

UESHj.jpg
UEFE1.jpg
UEfrv.jpg
UE0y4.jpg
UEb4I.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Rolemars

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Can't really see a difference on my JF V2 vs. ZF same with the 15202, ZF only used a different gen layout.

What's interesting is that his V2J bracelet is fitting it's not the case with the normal JF V2 because case and bracelet of JF are bigger.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHB

Bullflo3

Certified
13/2/18
I have ZF and the bracelet is really good and comfortable, or depends on the batch or don't worry

Same - no complaints with my bracelet. Even the ever so slightly clasp "flap" does not bother me, nor do I even think about it once I strap the beauty on my wrist.

Reactions: Tigerdragon

Tader

3/5/15
I have ZF and the bracelet is really good and comfortable, or depends on the batch or don't worry
Ah. This sucks a lot. My bracelet is so sharp I feel like I'm going to cut my wrist when I'm shaking the watch. I've had DH reps that have superior bracelets to this one.

The bracelet makes me want to throw this watch on m2m first day.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Ah. This sucks a lot. My bracelet is so sharp I feel like I'm going to cut my wrist when I'm shaking the watch. I've had DH reps that have superior bracelets to this one.

The bracelet makes me want to throw this watch on m2m first day.

Wow, was a zf or z+ badge?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Wow, was a zf or z+ badge?

I think for the sake of reducing confusion on this issue (there is only one ZF factory), lets just not create any product differentiation based on the tag. Doesn't matter if its ZF, Z+F or whatever, it is important for the members here to recognize that the same factory is behind all these tag variants, and we want to avoid anyone saying ZF factory is better than Z+F factory or vice versa.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I think for the sake of reducing confusion on this issue (there is only one ZF factory), lets just not create any product differentiation based on the tag. Doesn't matter if its ZF, Z+F or whatever, it is important for the members here to recognize that the same factory is behind all these tag variants, and we want to avoid anyone saying ZF factory is better than Z+F factory or vice versa.

I do know zf and z+ is the same factory, but it seems there's different batch quality (bracelet and dial), but yes, both are same factory.

Also i've heard that rotor decoration screw are glued on the zf, unlike jf, anyone here played with the rotor to see the difference between jf and zf?

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
I don’t like the movement decoration on the ZF much...
jF looked overall better to my eyes.

MM070

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/6/18

my grey ZF next to my white Jf v3, swapped the bracelets, since imo the jf bracelet is better and i’m going to wear the zf much more.

Reactions: Nivka and SHB

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I don’t like the movement decoration on the ZF much...
jF looked overall better to my eyes.

Well it's a v1, and they did almost better with this v1 than a jf v5, pretty sure they gonna improve based on feedback unlike jf lol.

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Who cares about the decoplate..? Better to remove it an do the watch slimmer, like ZF did.. you cant fool anyone with that fake decoplate

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit