• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

???? ???? AP ROO 2017 44mm Full Ceramic Case Updated Bezel JF - RG Dial Accents

MiamiPH

Horology Curious
9/10/19
Hello, Has anyone purchased the Full Ceramic case ROO 44mm with Rose Gold dial accents in 2019?

On TD's the Cyclops is still showing the old style. (showing older Rotor as well)

Also which Logo is suppose to be on this model? (Thin or thick like Summer Edition)

Did they not release a V2 of this such as the other 44mm's?

I've asked a TD about this a few days ago and will update here when I hear back.

Last edited:

MiamiPH

Horology Curious
9/10/19
jbSSP
jbFmo

MiamiPH

Horology Curious
9/10/19

As no TD has posted updated images or a V2 of this watch.
Here are the most recent images of an AP ROO 2017 44mm Full Ceramic Case Updated Bezel JF - RG Dial Accents.

It looks like they updated the Cyclops and Logo such as on other V2 44mm's?

Besides the normal ROO 44mm flaws, is there anything else you see?

legend

Reactions: dullidulli

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Besides the normal ROO 44mm flaws, is there anything else you see?

legend

If you want my honest opinion, I’m going to tell you that among the 44mm reps, this model is one of the most accurate visually. Yes same flaws etc but the color theme is almost an “all black”, which obscures the flaws better than other models. Yes the cyclop and dw are updated. You just need to mod the hand base and maybe the thickness to make it look even more accurate.
Good choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and MiamiPH

MiamiPH

Horology Curious
9/10/19
Hey man thank you for the input! Im buying one and will post pictures of measured thickness as well as any other things I notice.

I wasn't aware you could mod the thickness on these ROO 44mm's?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hey man thank you for the input! Im buying one and will post pictures of measured thickness as well as any other things I notice.

I wasn't aware you could mod the thickness on these ROO 44mm's?

Of course you can. Not every rep ROO can be thinned, but this one definitely can!

Reactions: Allure

MiamiPH

Horology Curious
9/10/19
legend do you thin these?

I havent seen or heard of a ROO 44mm being thinned, how does this effect the rotor?

Roughly how much can it be thinned/ what would be final thickness dimension?

Can you just thin the titanium caseback?

Thinning/changing caseback would be quick and easy. Compared to removing the movement to thin the midcase. Plus no risk of getting dust, fingerprints, etc... on dial.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I did thin one of this exact same model. Of course when you speak of thinning, it should not affect functionality of the watch in any aspect after thinning.
Final dimension of that watch was about 14.8mm if I remember.
Thinning the caseback properly is not an easy job. Neither is it quick, especially if it is titanium. I have a batch of about 6 watches here awaiting thinning of casebacks, and I have to spend an average of close to 2hrs thinning each one. Try not to make such a comment if you have no idea of the entire process of thinning a caseback. It makes light of the work modders have to put in for this mod.

Reactions: Allure

MiamiPH

Horology Curious
9/10/19
Yea easy and quick are pretty much the opposite of the actual job. I wouldnt do this myself as i dont have the tools, know how, or experience.

Could I just send you an extra titanium caseback and have you shave it down, then I could just swap the caseback myself?

Or would I need to send you the entire watch?