• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Offshore Survivor

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
tangokilo as you've noticed this is the pickiest AP ROO forum anywhere, with a panel of folks who won't pull any punches when it comes to critiques, but who will give you unvarnished opinions and expertise on all matters rep, gen, franken and everything between. But they are just opinions and what you think is the key. You've discovered an AP ROO design that sings to you, and honestly it has a lot of fans out there as you're discovering. Apologies if the comments (actually meant to be self-deprecating by all of us) were taken as sarcasm. We've all been accused of liking ugly watches and perhaps those accusations are warranted. But at least we all know what we like. Good luck with your survivor pursuit, hope to hear how things progress from here.

Thanks Jurgenk I appreciate the feedback and will post pics when I get this beastly piece :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jurgenk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I also agree with Juegenk's post and with yours. My comment about banning people was meant to be sarcasm :eek:

I don't mind if people think the Survivor is ugly because as you said what matters is if I like it. For me I was just trying to make a point that my post is not asking for peoples opinions on if they like the watch but trying to determine the quality of it as a rep. The superfluous comments that are not constructive I will just filter through no worries.

Anyway I decided to get one shortly and will post pics when I receive it. Thanks for everyones input.

To be fair, the Survivor is one of the more accurate models OOTB. The all-black setting helps obscure the flaws, and with a few well-placed mods, you can actually have a really convincing looking rep.
The material quality of the rep case, bezel, pushers etc are on par with those used on the gen. Good choice there and I will be looking forward to the pics.

Reactions: Allure and Jurgenk