• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Offshore Survivor

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I came across this and was intrigued:

https://puretimewatch.io/royal-oak-...ck-rubber-strap-a7750-free-leather-strap.html

Specifically I would like to know if anyone has one and also if the clasps that cover the chronograph pushers are spring loaded like on the original version.

Also any input on the accuracy of the rep would be great in comparison to gen. This is a Noob watch which surprised me since I usually see nice JF APs and nice Noob Rolex so curious to know peoples opinion on Noob APs too.

Thanks!

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
search for survivor topics. its been discussed.

its a ugly watch in my opinion. you better love it otherwise difficult to find a buyer in m2m

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

its a ugly watch in my opinion. you better love it otherwise difficult to find a buyer in m2m

Lol. Garuda doesn’t mince his words despite having a sharp sword.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18

I had one of those and it wasn’t hard to sell it m2m at all. Otherwise I agree it’s a pretty ugly watch.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I had one of those and it wasn’t hard to sell it m2m at all. Otherwise I agree it’s a pretty ugly watch.

Point proven that guys here love ugly watches. Survivor, 15500, mashed up vintage/modern frankens etc.

Reactions: Jurgenk

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
Point proven that guys here love ugly watches. Survivor, 15500, mashed up vintage/modern frankens etc.

I invite you to have a look at my Invicta collection.

Last edited:

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Man, right when i thought my next watch should be a survivor ...

Reactions: MrBeasy

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19

I searched but the only thread I could find was talking about an older version of the same model. The one in the link I posted was recently released by Noob in 2019.

For those that were saying they owned this watch was it the one made by Noob and released in 2019?

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07

Lol who are these tasteless individuals and how do we ban them from the site!

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
More importantly can we ban the people who just comment without a purpose? Someone posts a question expecting someone to reply with a serious response and all we get is sarcasm.

If anyone can answer the question of the quality and caliber of this piece that would be greatly appreciated.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I came across this and was intrigued:

https://puretimewatch.io/royal-oak-...ck-rubber-strap-a7750-free-leather-strap.html

Specifically I would like to know if anyone has one and also if the clasps that cover the chronograph pushers are spring loaded like on the original version.

Also any input on the accuracy of the rep would be great in comparison to gen. This is a Noob watch which surprised me since I usually see nice JF APs and nice Noob Rolex so curious to know peoples opinion on Noob APs too.

Thanks!

http://www.trustytime01.cc/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=241_243&products_id=19474

Look at the video - pusher guards are obviously spring loaded.

Noob was once also in the AP rep game and had some bright moments - even if the over all market died for them as they were known for bad sec@12 movements that were time bombs - not that JF is far superior in this manner but they are not as bad.

If you look for the survivor you will also see the Franken Survivor thread by Zaeim who perfected this piece.

Common flaws are as always - wrong DW font, wrong magnification, wrong DW position while it is less obvious on this model as its lacking the arabic numerals compared to other basic ROOs.

Crown position and refinement of details are also typical for the ROO reps... nothing new.

This is obviously not a super rep... But for the price you can't go wrong as long as you keep in mind that it is still a rep and will always be.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Bionone, thank you for taking the time to write that and for your insights. I will look up the thread you mentioned as well. Much appreciated.

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
tangokilo as you've noticed this is the pickiest AP ROO forum anywhere, with a panel of folks who won't pull any punches when it comes to critiques, but who will give you unvarnished opinions and expertise on all matters rep, gen, franken and everything between. But they are just opinions and what you think is the key. You've discovered an AP ROO design that sings to you, and honestly it has a lot of fans out there as you're discovering. Apologies if the comments (actually meant to be self-deprecating by all of us) were taken as sarcasm. We've all been accused of liking ugly watches and perhaps those accusations are warranted. But at least we all know what we like. Good luck with your survivor pursuit, hope to hear how things progress from here.

Reactions: Revolper and legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
tangokilo as you've noticed this is the pickiest AP ROO forum anywhere, with a panel of folks who won't pull any punches when it comes to critiques, but who will give you unvarnished opinions and expertise on all matters rep, gen, franken and everything between. But they are just opinions and what you think is the key. You've discovered an AP ROO design that sings to you, and honestly it has a lot of fans out there as you're discovering. Apologies if the comments (actually meant to be self-deprecating by all of us) were taken as sarcasm. We've all been accused of liking ugly watches and perhaps those accusations are warranted. But at least we all know what we like. Good luck with your survivor pursuit, hope to hear how things progress from here.

I agree with you. This is a forum and when you start a thread asking for opinions, you will get opinions, not all of which are what you are looking for. I think it is any OP's responsibility to sift through the eclectic replies to get what he is looking for. Leave the banning to the mods like QueTip . To even suggest to ban guys who do not give replies he finds meaningful, was amusing, since this happens in many other threads.
I myself own a few watches which others find horrendously ugly as well, but at the end of the day, they are just opinions.
I personally will wear the Survivor (gen) but also will steel myself for comments that it is an unusual looking G Shock.

Reactions: Revolper

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I agree with you. This is a forum and when you start a thread asking for opinions, you will get opinions, not all of which are what you are looking for. I think it is any OP's responsibility to sift through the eclectic replies to get what he is looking for. Leave the banning to the mods like QueTip . To even suggest to ban guys who do not give replies he finds meaningful, was amusing, since this happens in many other threads.
I myself own a few watches which others find horrendously ugly as well, but at the end of the day, they are just opinions.
I personally will wear the Survivor (gen) but also will steel myself for comments that it is an unusual looking G Shock.

I also agree with Juegenk's post and with yours. My comment about banning people was meant to be sarcasm :eek:

I don't mind if people think the Survivor is ugly because as you said what matters is if I like it. For me I was just trying to make a point that my post is not asking for peoples opinions on if they like the watch but trying to determine the quality of it as a rep. The superfluous comments that are not constructive I will just filter through no worries.

Anyway I decided to get one shortly and will post pics when I receive it. Thanks for everyones input.

Last edited:
Reactions: legend