• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP ROO Carbon ceramic diver XF v3

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Don’t start again bro lol.
littowun will misquote your post again and Quetip will need to correct him again and I’ll need to explain again and you’ll need to make another joke to smooth things over and littowun will misquote it...you get the idea haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HEY! That was your 3000th post!!!

bossuk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/13
Agree it looks strange to see that font in a 2836 like the factory intentionally took a step back. More likely the date flip had no drag and OP confused it to 2836.

bossuk do the test again following guide written by mikey.
https://www.repgeek.com/ap-tutorials/279932-identify-movement-diver-chrono.html

Followed that guide and still comes out as a 2836.

Here is another pic of the date, an 8 this time.

IMG-20190917-165335-1.jpg

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Followed that guide and still comes out as a 2836.

Here is another pic of the date, an 8 this time.

IMG-20190917-165335-1.jpg

Definitely the older font. And definitely a lot less accurate than the “regular” font used for the xf v2/v3.
This is a mystery I cannot comprehend, especially when they got the font very nicely done in the previous iteration.
SuperLory I remember you used to own a diver with 2836 movement. Can this possibly be the same version?

Reactions: Allure

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Definitely the older font. And definitely a lot less accurate than the “regular” font used for the xf v2/v3.
This is a mystery I cannot comprehend, especially when they got the font very nicely done in the previous iteration.
SuperLory I remember you used to own a diver with 2836 movement. Can this possibly be the same version?

mmm not correct...a diver with what we thought was a 2836 movement pass into my hands and then turned out to be a 2813 with a 2836 dw installed somehow.

Weird animal, lowbeat by factory and able to change dw to a more correct one..yet a cheap movemnt and a PITA for the modder (it wasnt easy to change dw)

Reactions: legend

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
could this be a prototype super duper ZF Repworld keeps waiting for? :picard: :D

(joke)

Last edited:

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
legend i guess his ZF dream must be getting near. just the date font to fix it seems?

It’s easy, I need Gen Sample with With JF vs Rep that’s all ..

"It's easy" ?!! this guy walks around in a daze

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
legend i guess his ZF dream must be getting near. just the date font to fix it seems?

"It's easy" ?!! this guy walks around in a daze

Lol half the time I don’t get what he’s saying but vaguely I think he’s saying that the ZF diver, if and when it releases, could be the stuff wet dreams are made of.
I’m not denying the possibility that they could do better than JF in some aspects of the watch but I highly doubt that it’ll be 1:1 vs gen. The AP diver may look like a simple watch to rep but it’s actually intricate in its construction and dial/hands/case details and it is not easy to get it even close to super rep status. Not impossible if they really try hard but you’ve been in the game long enough to know how it goes. It’s more likely we will get the usual v1 to vN releases, which each version being improved in some ways and regressing in other aspects.

Reactions: Allure